Jump to content

Photo

Gran Caribe Real 2012 Brides!!!


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 mysecreteden

mysecreteden
  • Newbie
  • 79 posts

    Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

    I been so busy lately, I will try to get the review up by later next week.

     

    I did bring down my own decor, and Elizabeth (my WC) didn't charge me a cent to put it all together. If you have her, you will have nothing to worry about. All I heard from her are 'Okay' and 'Yes', I don't think I've ever heard her say the two dreaded word 'but' or 'no'.

     

    For my food option, I did 2 appetizer (soup and salad), and entree (choice of fish and beef), I asked them to serve the wedding cake as dessert. 

    PIC_6913.JPG

    If you opt for the 2 entree option, you will have to come up with a plan to to distinguish which guest is having what, so that the waiter know what to serve and to whom. I came up with these plastic shooter glass filled with sand, the pink ones = beef, and I had blue ones = fish. 

     

    Let me know if you have any more questions. 



    #32 mizpriya

    mizpriya
    • Jr. Member
    • 268 posts

      Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

      Originally Posted by mysecreteden 

      I been so busy lately, I will try to get the review up by later next week.

       

      I did bring down my own decor, and Elizabeth (my WC) didn't charge me a cent to put it all together. If you have her, you will have nothing to worry about. All I heard from her are 'Okay' and 'Yes', I don't think I've ever heard her say the two dreaded word 'but' or 'no'.

       

      For my food option, I did 2 appetizer (soup and salad), and entree (choice of fish and beef), I asked them to serve the wedding cake as dessert. 

      PIC_6913.JPG

      If you opt for the 2 entree option, you will have to come up with a plan to to distinguish which guest is having what, so that the waiter know what to serve and to whom. I came up with these plastic shooter glass filled with sand, the pink ones = beef, and I had blue ones = fish. 

       

      Let me know if you have any more questions. 

      I think they mentioned that Elizabeth would be assigned to me! That is great news! Thank you.



      #33 Norma83

      Norma83
      • Jr. Member
      • 173 posts

        Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

        I also had Elizabeth as my coordinator and she was awesome!  I took a few things for decorations and I didn't get charged a fee either.  She's super nice and she know's what she's doing.  I saw another coordinator attending to another wedding and she was a little mean.  Not sure what her name was but I was so glad to have Elizabeth! 



        #34 JamesandJess

        JamesandJess
        • Newbie
        • 5 posts

          Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

          Hi Yes there are not many UK couples on here. Plans going really well. How about yours? Where are you getting married at the Gran Caribe? We have been there before 4 years ago so that is why we decided to go back. Its a fab hotel you made a good choice! 



          #35 melissa5386

          melissa5386
          • Newbie
          • 2 posts

            Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

            There is a UK bride forum but I found that there wasnt that much about specific hotels!! Our plans are going well - everything seems to be organised that we are able to do before we get there! We just need to pick from the menu options now! How are your plans going? What date are you getting married? Where in the UK are you from? We have choosen to get married in the Gazeebo, have a cocktail hour on the beach then back to the Gazeebo terrace for our reception. We are actually staying in the Royal but we like the Caribe Gazeebo better. Elizabeth is our wedding cooordinator and she has been great!

             

            Look forward to speaking to you soon.



            #36 geishagyrl

            geishagyrl
            • Newbie
            • 65 posts

              Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

              Hi Ladies,

               

              I had 2 entree options and 1 vegetarian entree. In the end, I felt it was easier to create a seating chart with each person's dinner selection and it did. The food was delivered promptly and was correct. I would say for the sake of headache and confusion just make a seating arrangement for the staff.

               

              Also, I had Katia as my offsite coordinator and Flora as my onsite. Both were awesome and everything went perfectly. I wrote a full review for the Royal Cancun with details of my wedding day and Flora.

               

              Someone asked about bringing your own favors and decor..... I don't think it matters which coordinator you have. They all know brides bring some of their stuff so they expect it. After my walk through, Flora asked me do you have a guestbook, favors, etc... and I just brought them to her. I had all the boxes marked with our name and what was in it so there was no confusion. The staff had everything set up with no additional charges.



              #37 michelleann

              michelleann
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

                Does anyone planning have Elsa and contact her through basecamp? I have sent her a few messages within the last two weeks and havent heard back from her...Anyone know what's going on or what I should do to get in touch?



                #38 mizpriya

                mizpriya
                • Jr. Member
                • 268 posts

                  Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

                  Originally Posted by michelleann 

                  Does anyone planning have Elsa and contact her through basecamp? I have sent her a few messages within the last two weeks and havent heard back from her...Anyone know what's going on or what I should do to get in touch?


                  I am working with Elsa and had no issues. Make sure that you checked her when sending a message on basecamp. I had that happen and was wondering why she was ignoring me...turned out I didn't select her when sending the message over! Try that as she i pretty good at getting back to me. She told me the last time I spoke with her that she was busy with July brides....but she did respond when I had a question.



                  #39 brianne799

                  brianne799
                  • Newbie
                  • 6 posts

                    Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

                    My wedding is 7/20/12 in the chapel. I received an email about the chapel guidelines and it says that everyone's shoulders must be covered.  My bridesmaids' dresses are strapless, and I know many of my guests have strapless dresses too.  Did anyone run into a problem with this?  It seems a little ridiculous to expect people to cover their shoulders in Mexico in July, but I want to be sure that they will allow them to come to the ceremony!  Any ideas?



                    #40 Norma83

                    Norma83
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 173 posts

                      Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

                      Originally Posted by brianne799 

                      My wedding is 7/20/12 in the chapel. I received an email about the chapel guidelines and it says that everyone's shoulders must be covered.  My bridesmaids' dresses are strapless, and I know many of my guests have strapless dresses too.  Did anyone run into a problem with this?  It seems a little ridiculous to expect people to cover their shoulders in Mexico in July, but I want to be sure that they will allow them to come to the ceremony!  Any ideas?

                       

                      Hi Brianne -

                       

                      I got married at the chapel in May and had to sign the same guideline form.  I was a little worried about the no strapless rule but it was all fine.  My MOH, Flower girl, and several of our guests wore strapless dresses and they had no issues.  I didn't even bring it up with the coordinator because I didn't want to call attention to it.  I just played dumb and never brought it up or asked about it.  I did buy a shawl and took with me just in case it was an issue, but luckily I did not have to use it.  The coordinator saw me in my dress and she did not bring it up either.  I think it's just a formality with the church that if some people look way inappropriate, they can tell you that you signed and acknowledged the rules.  If you want to be safe, I would just have your BM's buy $20 shawls at David's Bridal and pack them in case there's an issue.  If they don't ask, then I wouldn't say anything and go on with the ceremony.  At least this way, you have a back up plan and won't have to worry if the issue arises.  I know it's extra money to spend but maybe if the shawl's aren't used you can sell them or return them!  I hope this helps!! 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users