TTD at Dunns River Falls?

I've been to Dunns River Falls, but not for a wedding (just as a plain old tourist). From what I recall, Dunns River Falls was set up like an amusement park. What I mean by this is that in order to get to the falls, you have to pay admission, receive a ticket, and walk through a gate. Then, once on the other side of the gate, there are tour guides and visitors who have paid the admission. I think there were also vendors selling water bottles, etc.

If your wedding is outside this gated area, I don't think you'll be able to "sneak" away to the falls. So you probably would want to schedule your TTD for the next day.

If your wedding is inside this gated area, then I am not sure if I can answer your question. I don't really remember the layout of the "park" or how big it is. I just remember that it wasn't an open place that you can drive up to and take a stroll like an open, playground-type of park.

Thanks!

We are not getting married at the falls, we are planning on doing the TTD the day or two after the wedding.

We were planning on going in, and paying admission but I've read that the falls split in a few different areas, and if we can get away from the rest of the tourists, take some pics.

I'm also looking in to the Coyaba River Gardens, which is very close to our resort.

Jamie

I just don't remember the layout of the park well enough. I didn't remember that the falls split! I am sure that a local photographer would know all the nooks and crannies where you'd be able to take pictures without all the other park-goers in the background.

I do remember that as a young adult, I thought that climbing the falls was fun and not too challenging (though it definitely required paying attention and being careful). But I was really surprised to see older people and people with young kids climbing the falls. Seeing them made me uncomfortable. I saw a little kid hit his head (nothing too bad though). So be careful in your dress, but don't be scared or nervous!

• 4 weeks later...

I have had several people tell me to visit this place when in Jamaica.  Not sure if you could get some good pics there w/ all the tourists.  There may be too many people getting in the way of the photo shoot.  I will continue to ask around about this and if I hear anything, I'll let you know!  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jamie!

i have been to Dunn's falls multiple times and love it there! it is beautiful!! I had also thought of doing pictures there but you must beware that its a very busy place! when you enter the park you have to walk down a big,lush and tropical path to the bottom of the falls. at the bottom of the trail there is a full beach where you could take pictures etc. on your way down the guides will try to get you to stop and join up with their groups to lead you up the falls. you do not have to... we never go with the guides because they make you link arms and walk up the falls together. on the path down to the water there are multiple spots that you could enter the falls as the bottom is the hardest part (in my opinion) especially in a wedding dress!! so if you bypass the guides you can enter the falls at the bottom and make your way up. i suggest going as soon as you can in the morning!! if you have any other q's let me know!

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Thanks!

We are not getting married at the falls, we are planning on doing the TTD the day or two after the wedding.

We were planning on going in, and paying admission but I've read that the falls split in a few different areas, and if we can get away from the rest of the tourists, take some pics.

I'm also looking in to the Coyaba River Gardens, which is very close to our resort.

Jamie

well i realise now that my post might be too late! hope you are enjoying your vaca and wedding in jamaica!

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Thanks!

Jamie