Iberostar Paraiso Wedding Roll Call

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#191 MommyBride14

MommyBride14
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Thank you so much, BrideToBe12!!

All of your information has been extremely helpful.  Where are you having your reception again?? I will definitely request the pricing sheet with the extras list so that I can have a better idea of what we can choose from.  I saw a video with a bride who had her reception at the Grand and it was beautiful!... but I'm not one who wants to spend an arm and a leg for the location!  I'm just a visual planner and I need to see pictures before I can just make decisions!  I hate that about myself :P LOL.  Your wedding is coming up so fast!!! I think we might go with hiring a DJ if it is in our budget :)

#192 BrideToBe12

BrideToBe12
    • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Our Wedding is at the Maya.. El Jambalaya... The Grand is absolutely beautiful!  We stayed there last May, which is how I decided on my wedding location, but we had to choose the Maya because my sister is 8 and I wanted her to be there.  If you don't have children going, I would recommend the Grand,  it is a bit more money, in regards to who ever is traveling with you, but it is worth it.  They have anything you can imagine in regards to food and alcohol and they treat you like gold.  However, I have also stayed at other Iberostar hotels and have found that treatment everywhere, just a bit more attentive at the Grand.  In addition to the other things I sent you, I will send you the pictures of the room that I was sent for the Maya since you like to see things.  As I mentioned previously, the pictures with the white chairs and colored tableclothes and napkins are extra; although I haven't received those prices yet.

#193 BrideToBe12

BrideToBe12
      • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Our Wedding is at the Maya.. El Jambalaya... The Grand is absolutely beautiful!  We stayed there last May, which is how I decided on my wedding location, but we had to choose the Maya because my sister is 8 and I wanted her to be there.  If you don't have children going, I would recommend the Grand,  it is a bit more money, in regards to who ever is traveling with you, but it is worth it.  They have anything you can imagine in regards to food and alcohol and they treat you like gold.  However, I have also stayed at other Iberostar hotels and have found that treatment everywhere, just a bit more attentive at the Grand.  In addition to the other things I sent you, I will send you the pictures of the room that I was sent for the Maya since you like to see things.  As I mentioned previously, the pictures with the white chairs and colored tableclothes and napkins are extra; although I haven't received those prices yet.

The prices for the chairs are $6 each plus $50 freight fee and the colored napkins are $1.50 each.

#194 MommyBride14

MommyBride14
        • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

That doesn't seem too bad :) I can't wait to see pictures!  How excited are you for your wedding coming up?  When do you arrive in Mexico?

#195 bambaleo

bambaleo
          • 68 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by BrideToBe12 

The prices for the chairs are $6 each plus $50 freight fee and the colored napkins are $1.50 each.

I would get the napkins from like The Knot's wedding shop or similar online vendors b/c it's so much cheaper plus u can get a discount for larger orders. They probably told you this but I think Jambalaya holds up to 80 people (El Tapatio is better for larger weddings). Also think about what kind of tables u want - I think the standard for us was square tables and we wanted round - so we paid extra for round tables (but I think this came with free Tiffany chairs...or some sort of chair that wasn't the wooden ones that the restaurant provided).

I asked for pictures of flower arrangements and although my WC sent a few options they weren't the extent of what she had, so when we got to the resort and had the final conversation, I was much happier with the options she showed me from her binder. Basically....getting information in the planning process was like pulling teeth so there's certain things I just had to settle on not knowing details (and in reality you don't need to know these details in advance). However, once we sat down with the WC, she gave me all the options and prices...and if you push on them they'll make more of an effort...and we got everything we needed. Those details include bridal and bridesmaids' bouquet arrangements, centerpieces, over decor, tiki torches, types of hors d'ouvres for the champagne reception (1 hr after ceremony/before dinner). Also, you can ask them to extend your reception venue for an hour or so....trust me you'll want this time).

You can absolutely continue on in the disco, but it's just not the same.

#196 kittykat13

kittykat13
            • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

HI Ladies, I haven't been on here in a loooonng time and was hoping to get some feedback on anyones wedding at the Grand. The big day is coming up ... May 18th, 2013 !! I can't believe how time flys by when planning ! I have been working with Jessica at the Grand and she has been wonderful to work with : ) I'd be happy to answer and questions for those planning to to stay at the Grand ( pre wedding questions of course ). I have been dying to see any pictures at the Grand.. We are having the reception at Brisas. Also , what is your opinion on a tip amount for the WC ? JUst curious to know your thoughts : ) Thanks ladies !

#197 Kelly K

Kelly K
              • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I posted this after my wedding but will repost in case you didn't see it....I had my ceremony on the beach at The Grand and reception at La Brisas.  Jorge at The Grand did the photography and I had DJ Doremixx.  I had the spa do hair and makeup....it was my option to have the hair loose...I should have done it tighter as it loosens up as the night goes on......Jessica was my wedding coordinator and she was great....I think I reviewed everything in September or October 2012 in this thread if you go back...I got married August 2, 2012 at 6pm.....took pics in hotel before and on the beach after and reception started at 7pm to 11pm and had them take whoever to the disco after....

http://080212william.../#/slideshow-1/

#198 BrideToBe12

BrideToBe12
                • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

That doesn't seem too bad :) I can't wait to see pictures!  How excited are you for your wedding coming up?  When do you arrive in Mexico?  

I am very excited! I really just can't wait to get there and talk to the WC face to face. We leave next Wednesday, our wedding is Friday.. At this point I wish I would have booked it to get in earlier. We've decided to just go with the original tables and chairs. We bought beach towels for our favors and they are in our wedding colors so we will put them over the chairs. We bought sea shells and candles for the tables and I may look into the napkins, but I think I'm okay with white. We didn't get center pieces because I feel like the flowers just go to waste after the wedding.

#199 Kelly K

Kelly K
                  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

I asked my husband what we gave Jessica, the WC, and neither of us can remember.  I know it was at most $500 and am guessing it was between $300 and $400.  We had no idea what to tip and we just guessed...two regrets on tipping I had was that I forgot to bring money with me when I got hair/make-up done on my wedding day so I asked her if she would be working the next day and she said "yes"...well no one could find her the next day and they said I could leave the money with them and they would give it to her....I hope she got it....also, we got upgraded to beachfront (we figured we would so we booked a standard room to save money) and had a butler who was AWESOME...very attentive and helpful throughout the week....I think he was even crying when I came out to go down the aisle...I thought he was pretending but another employee told me later he was not pretending...we laughed.  We planned on tipping him the day we left and he was off that day!!!  Be sure and either tip early or throughout the week...don't wait until right before you are going to the airport to show your appreciation.

By the way....if you are at The Grand in the beachfront rooms you have free pressing (including wedding attire)....that was GREAT...I also had all my dinner dresses pressed, too.

#200 BrideToBe12

BrideToBe12
                    • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm back and I had the time of my life!  I will provide you with as many details as I can and hopefully they will be helpful.. first, when we booked with our travel agent we asked for an upgraded suite so we would have plenty of room... it was a waste of money as it was very comparable to the regular suites.  We meant with our WC the day before the wedding and went over all of the final details.  I was positive as to what I wanted when I got there so this went very smoothly.  This is also the time you will bring all of your stuff to the WC- table numbers seating cards, decorations and favors; and explain how you want it set up.  We brought sea shells and candles for the tables and they put rose petals on the tables as well.. it looked fabulous!  We also didn't get the white chairs or round tables and I am very happy with how everything turned out without them- we did however give beach towels as favors that were in our colors so I asked that they be hung over the chairs.  While we met with her she showed us what other brides brought and some brought pictures of how they would like their tables set up, for those of you that are bringing or making your own centerpieces.  Also, some brides brought their own napkins and tulle to wrap around the chairs.  I also had my hair trial this day, the person that did my hair was wonderful and did exactly what I wanted... she could tell when I wasn't happy and made adjustments until I was... so the day of the wedding it went very smoothly... don't forget pictures (I did and it was kind of difficult to work from my iphone).  In the end however, my hair was exactly what I wanted!  Also, when you meet with the WC she will ask if you brought music for the ceremony, I completely forgot and they have the traditional "here comes the bride" and recession line song, but I would have did something different if I remembered, so if you do want something bring it with you.  The day of the wedding we started getting ready at 9:30 (our ceremony was at 5) I had a pedicure and up do and my girls started in the room with their hair at 10 (we brought a hair dresser for them).  We requested champaigne in the room while we got ready and ordered lots of pizza for room service... It was a good time with my girls.  Our flowers did not get delivered early as we requested, but one phone call and we had them within 10 minutes.  We were all ready by 3pm for pictures; I also brought my photographer so I'm not sure if the hotel will do this.  We choose to do them before so we could spend more time with our guests after the ceremony.  It was extremely hot as expected, but bring tissues for blotting so you're not very shiny.  We had our ceremony at 5 on the beach... we did not get a huppa, just a table and bamboo pedastools with flower arrangements that were later used for the reception.  It was very windy, but refreshing, so hair spray, hair spray, hair spray!  We also did not get a runner as I literally wanted to walk in the sand, we had rose petals down the isle... it was beautiful!!!!!  After the ceremony we had cold appetizers and champaigne on the beach for an hour; this gave us a chance to talk to our guests and get some pictures on the beach with all of them.  Then we were trollied to a lobby bar by the reception area until the reception was to begin.  The reception was amazing!  We spoke to our DJ prior and made it clear that we wanted as much dancing time as possible.  After we were introduced and did our first dances we started the appetizers immediately, then dinner, we were done first so we did our speeches while everyone else ate.  Rather than cutting the cake and doing desert right away we waited about an hour so we could start dancing.  We danced the night away.  The resteraunt was very hot, even with the air but we were in Mexico so it's expected, but for those of you with big dresses, I would recommend a reception dress.  I took my slip (and poofiness) off because I was so hot and wished I would have brought a different dress for the reception.  We did a four hour reception and did not opt for the extra hour and we were glad we didn't... everyone was exhausted and hot; it was just enough!  The staff at the reception was incredible and attentive.  I didn't bring money with me, and after I felt extremely bad because they were that good!  I did find the main guy that assisted us all night the next evening and gave him a large tip.  I honestly had the time of my life and am so happy that I chose this route with my wedding!  I can't imagine it going any better, it was everything that we wanted and more!  We also had dinner on the beach the night before we left; we set it up at 630 and that was perfect because the sun went down around 730.  We didn't see the WC as much as we thought we would, we met with her the day before, she was at our ceremony and beginning of the reception and that was it.  As well, we brought cash with us to pay for the wedding because all of my credit cards and bank charge for out of country charges so I only did the deposit with my card.  As we were checking out we gave them cash and they needed to change it to pesos; they can only exchange $1500 in pesos for each person so we had to get two of our other guests to change our money as well.  So either bring a credit card or change the amount you will need for the wedding to pesos prior to.  If anyone has any questions please let me know, I will be happy to help you in anyway I can.  I will say, try and make all of your decisions before you go, it will all turn out to be exactly what you wanted... don't change your mind on extras once you get there, because there are plenty that they will offer you!  Also, plan on a massage the morning after the wedding... it will be just what you need! 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users