Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Paraiso Wedding Roll Call


  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#161 bambaleo

bambaleo
  • Newbie
  • 68 posts

    Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

    I'm not sure what's in the Gold Star package...I think ours had the words Dream and Blessing in it or something like that. Our reception was in the Tapatio restaurant and no dance floor was needed, the regular floor is good. As for DJ - it depends on what DJ you hire so the hotel doesn't exactly charge you for a DJ - you find one if you want one...they probably have a list of preferred vendors...or ask for suggestions on this forum.



    #162 bambaleo

    bambaleo
    • Newbie
    • 68 posts

      Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

      You can hire your own makeup artist - I just went with the spa they have onsite, thinking they would have their own makeup artist - but my makeup artist turned out to be the same person that did my hair. She is hired out by different hotels in Cancun/Riviera Maya - so I think that's even better than having a permanent person at the hotel!



      #163 Jlmarfa

      Jlmarfa
      • Newbie
      • 29 posts

        Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

        Originally Posted by bambaleo 

        You can hire your own makeup artist - I just went with the spa they have onsite, thinking they would have their own makeup artist - but my makeup artist turned out to be the same person that did my hair. She is hired out by different hotels in Cancun/Riviera Maya - so I think that's even better than having a permanent person at the hotel!

        I was thinking of doing my makeup through the hotel. Were you happy with how it turned out? Its only 90$ which is much less than the quotes I got from outside vendors. 



        #164 Jlmarfa

        Jlmarfa
        • Newbie
        • 29 posts

          Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

          Originally Posted by ckl22 

          Does anyone know if you go with the Gold Star Wedding package how much extra it would cost to upgrade to get the private reception dinner and open bar for 4 hours? Also wondering how much they charge for a dance floor and DJ? - has anyone else done this?  Thanks!!

          Hello ckl22, 

           

          I just e-mailed my WC at Ibero Beach and she quoted me 250 for a dj setup. We are hooking up a playlist from an ipod and letting that play throughout the night (to avoid bad music). I believe a mic and the speakers are included. Music is a big part of our lives and we are trying to avoid the chicken dance and other wedding songs. 



          #165 bambaleo

          bambaleo
          • Newbie
          • 68 posts

            Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

            Yeah she did a great job with makeup. It stayed on all day and all night. I brought my own eyelashes and she put them on. My face didn't look caked on, so it seems their beauty products aren't too bad.



            #166 bambaleo

            bambaleo
            • Newbie
            • 68 posts

              Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

              Originally Posted by Jlmarfa View Post

              Hello ckl22, 

               

              I just e-mailed my WC at Ibero Beach and she quoted me 250 for a dj setup. We are hooking up a playlist from an ipod and letting that play throughout the night (to avoid bad music). I believe a mic and the speakers are included. Music is a big part of our lives and we are trying to avoid the chicken dance and other wedding songs. 

              I would definetely double check the mic and speakers situation, because depending on how many people you have and which venue you're using, the speakers that are included might not be enough - you might need to rent extra speakers/subwoofers/etc. I think they provided us with 1 wireless mic, but could be good to bring your own backup just incase.



              #167 ckl22

              ckl22
              • Newbie
              • 22 posts

                Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

                Originally Posted by Jlmarfa 

                Hello ckl22, 

                 

                I just e-mailed my WC at Ibero Beach and she quoted me 250 for a dj setup. We are hooking up a playlist from an ipod and letting that play throughout the night (to avoid bad music). I believe a mic and the speakers are included. Music is a big part of our lives and we are trying to avoid the chicken dance and other wedding songs. 

                 

                Thanks for the info! I agree..  I'm a little nervous about a random dj - the chicken dance is a perfect example of what I do not want played .. maybe we will go with an ipod too. 



                #168 ckl22

                ckl22
                • Newbie
                • 22 posts

                  Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

                  Originally Posted by bambaleo 

                  I would definetely double check the mic and speakers situation, because depending on how many people you have and which venue you're using, the speakers that are included might not be enough - you might need to rent extra speakers/subwoofers/etc. I think they provided us with 1 wireless mic, but could be good to bring your own backup just incase.

                  Thanks Bambaleo - good to know! 



                  #169 MommyBride14

                  MommyBride14
                  • Newbie
                  • 39 posts

                    Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

                    I share these same concerns!  I am having a smaller wedding with approximately 40 people and want to still have a fun dance reception with party music, but I don't want to be running back and forth to the ipod when we want to do our first dance/father-daughter dance/cake cutting, etc.  I just booked our date for November 10th, 2013 and feel that I don't know where to go from here!! Is there only an option for a semi-private dinner? ..and where is everyone doing there dancing??
                     



                    #170 Jlmarfa

                    Jlmarfa
                    • Newbie
                    • 29 posts

                      Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

                      Originally Posted by bambaleo 

                      You can hire your own makeup artist - I just went with the spa they have onsite, thinking they would have their own makeup artist - but my makeup artist turned out to be the same person that did my hair. She is hired out by different hotels in Cancun/Riviera Maya - so I think that's even better than having a permanent person at the hotel!

                      I was thinking of doing my makeup through the hotel. Were you happy with how it turned out? Its only 90$ which is much less than the quotes I got from outside vendors. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users