Iberostar Paraiso Wedding Roll Call

• 2 weeks later...

So glad you had a great time!!! I was hoping to hear from you when you got back from your wedding. I knew you would enjoy everything!!!  My biggest concern right now is all the odds and ends costs that will add up (table decor, ceremony decor, flowers, etc.).  Where did you have your reception?  Also, if it's not too personal to ask, would you be willing to PM me the ballpark cost you spent with wedding package, reception, and decor? I feel like I'm clueless on what to expect.  I was overwhelmed with the millions of emails Idalia sent me in regards to flowers, location, menu, reception set up, etc.  I think we want to go with DJ Doremmix (sp), and possibly the private reception in the shopping center area, so if you have any suggestions on what is worth the cost (spending extra money on flowers, centerpieces, chair sashes, etc) for the little extras please feel free to share if you are willing :).  I hope you post a ton of pictures!!! So happy for you!!! :) :) :) I wish I could view your pictures, but apparently I am not a fully active member on this site! :(

• 3 weeks later...

So, the clock is ticking! I am at the point where the final decisions are being made. I am encountering a few concerns...like,

Should I make my centerpieces there or make them at home and ship them?

Is the hotel DJ going to work out? 

Should I spend time on additional decor or is the standard decor fine? 

Why do I only get to choose one entree for the dinner? 

Are there going to be random beach people showing up in my wedding pictures? 

Should I get a second dress to wear at the reception? 

I think I may be stressing because I am pre-programmed to think weddings are stressful....

Is anyone else in the final stages of planning?

Originally Posted by BrideToBe12 View Post

I'm back and I had the time of my life!  I will provide you with as many details as I can and hopefully they will be helpful.. first, when we booked with our travel agent we asked for an upgraded suite so we would have plenty of room... it was a waste of money as it was very comparable to the regular suites.  We meant with our WC the day before the wedding and went over all of the final details.  I was positive as to what I wanted when I got there so this went very smoothly.  This is also the time you will bring all of your stuff to the WC- table numbers seating cards, decorations and favors; and explain how you want it set up.  We brought sea shells and candles for the tables and they put rose petals on the tables as well.. it looked fabulous!  We also didn't get the white chairs or round tables and I am very happy with how everything turned out without them- we did however give beach towels as favors that were in our colors so I asked that they be hung over the chairs.  While we met with her she showed us what other brides brought and some brought pictures of how they would like their tables set up, for those of you that are bringing or making your own centerpieces.  Also, some brides brought their own napkins and tulle to wrap around the chairs.  I also had my hair trial this day, the person that did my hair was wonderful and did exactly what I wanted... she could tell when I wasn't happy and made adjustments until I was... so the day of the wedding it went very smoothly... don't forget pictures (I did and it was kind of difficult to work from my iphone).  In the end however, my hair was exactly what I wanted!  Also, when you meet with the WC she will ask if you brought music for the ceremony, I completely forgot and they have the traditional "here comes the bride" and recession line song, but I would have did something different if I remembered, so if you do want something bring it with you.  The day of the wedding we started getting ready at 9:30 (our ceremony was at 5) I had a pedicure and up do and my girls started in the room with their hair at 10 (we brought a hair dresser for them).  We requested champaigne in the room while we got ready and ordered lots of pizza for room service... It was a good time with my girls.  Our flowers did not get delivered early as we requested, but one phone call and we had them within 10 minutes.  We were all ready by 3pm for pictures; I also brought my photographer so I'm not sure if the hotel will do this.  We choose to do them before so we could spend more time with our guests after the ceremony.  It was extremely hot as expected, but bring tissues for blotting so you're not very shiny.  We had our ceremony at 5 on the beach... we did not get a huppa, just a table and bamboo pedastools with flower arrangements that were later used for the reception.  It was very windy, but refreshing, so hair spray, hair spray, hair spray!  We also did not get a runner as I literally wanted to walk in the sand, we had rose petals down the isle... it was beautiful!!!!!  After the ceremony we had cold appetizers and champaigne on the beach for an hour; this gave us a chance to talk to our guests and get some pictures on the beach with all of them.  Then we were trollied to a lobby bar by the reception area until the reception was to begin.  The reception was amazing!  We spoke to our DJ prior and made it clear that we wanted as much dancing time as possible.  After we were introduced and did our first dances we started the appetizers immediately, then dinner, we were done first so we did our speeches while everyone else ate.  Rather than cutting the cake and doing desert right away we waited about an hour so we could start dancing.  We danced the night away.  The resteraunt was very hot, even with the air but we were in Mexico so it's expected, but for those of you with big dresses, I would recommend a reception dress.  I took my slip (and poofiness) off because I was so hot and wished I would have brought a different dress for the reception.  We did a four hour reception and did not opt for the extra hour and we were glad we didn't... everyone was exhausted and hot; it was just enough!  The staff at the reception was incredible and attentive.  I didn't bring money with me, and after I felt extremely bad because they were that good!  I did find the main guy that assisted us all night the next evening and gave him a large tip.  I honestly had the time of my life and am so happy that I chose this route with my wedding!  I can't imagine it going any better, it was everything that we wanted and more!  We also had dinner on the beach the night before we left; we set it up at 630 and that was perfect because the sun went down around 730.  We didn't see the WC as much as we thought we would, we met with her the day before, she was at our ceremony and beginning of the reception and that was it.  As well, we brought cash with us to pay for the wedding because all of my credit cards and bank charge for out of country charges so I only did the deposit with my card.  As we were checking out we gave them cash and they needed to change it to pesos; they can only exchange $1500 in pesos for each person so we had to get two of our other guests to change our money as well.  So either bring a credit card or change the amount you will need for the wedding to pesos prior to.  If anyone has any questions please let me know, I will be happy to help you in anyway I can.  I will say, try and make all of your decisions before you go, it will all turn out to be exactly what you wanted... don't change your mind on extras once you get there, because there are plenty that they will offer you!  Also, plan on a massage the morning after the wedding... it will be just what you need! 

Hey BrideToBe12,

Your wedding sounds like it was amazing! Makes me even more excited for our wedding in April!! For some reason I can't view your pictures, but would love to :) Do you know why it says I don't have access to view them?

post-68975-138622513045_thumb.jpg

post-68975-138622513051_thumb.jpg

post-68975-138622513055_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Jlmarfa View Post

So, the clock is ticking! I am at the point where the final decisions are being made. I am encountering a few concerns...like,

Should I make my centerpieces there or make them at home and ship them?

Is the hotel DJ going to work out? 

Should I spend time on additional decor or is the standard decor fine? 

Why do I only get to choose one entree for the dinner? 

Are there going to be random beach people showing up in my wedding pictures? 

Should I get a second dress to wear at the reception? 

I think I may be stressing because I am pre-programmed to think weddings are stressful....

Is anyone else in the final stages of planning?

Im with you girlfriend!!

Hi Jlmarfa!!!

What decisions have you already made?  MY Fiance and i have chosen one of the restaurants for our private reception, but I'm clueless as to what I should do for centerpieces as well.  I would love if you would share what you have chosen thus far!  We've basically chosen the reception site, and that's it! :(

I have no been told the prices for anything.  I asked for different quotes on the dream and silver packages and how much it would cost for a private reception on the beach/shopping area/or private restaurant, and she hasn't gotten back to me.  She said for my small group, it wouldn't work as well for the shopping area, which was my first choice.  I'm hoping to hear from people who have had their weddings and what they were quoted.  We will have roughly 30 people