Iberostar Paraiso Wedding Roll Call

Luckily I have save the dates out!  We sent them out electronically and signed up through destinationweddings.com.  I have a few guests who are booked already, and I have a photographer.  That's it!  That's a great idea to look at past posts for ideas!  I think I am just overwhelmed like most brides.  I want to find other brides who have chosen the semi-private/ or private dinner and had a dance reception during the reception.  My package that I have requested only allows for 1 1/2 hrs in the restaurant.  This seems extremely rushed to me!  Thank you for your post!

Originally Posted by BrideToBe12 View Post

Hi Scarma,

We are getting married on the beach and our reception will be at the Italian Restaraunt.  We originally wanted the outside courtyard area in the shopping center area but we have too many people, so we chose this.  We chose this because we could either choose a menu item for everyone or give choices, we wanted to give meal choices and they had the best.  I've requested more details and I haven't really gotten what I need so I just continue to email.  I did receive my timeline for the day which was most important to me.  My WC is Lily.  We are getting married at home first so we chose the symbolic ceremony with the dreams package.  We wanted to do everything (including the reception) there.  We have 50 traveling with us and 5 that are still unsure.  We just hired DJ Doremixx.  I just received the final paperwork from Lily- I see your wedding is in November so I attached some things to expect that I wish I would have known receiving this (though I'm not sure what kind of ceremony you're having so this may not be necessary for you).  This is the information that I need to fill out for the final details.  Hope this helps. 

Hi BrideToBe12!  Will you please send me this attachment in a personal message?  Please let us know how your wedding turns out!  I have 30+ people traveling with us for our wedding and I have the same reception ideas as you do!  I feel so clueless and realize that I might need to upgrade my package to the Dreams package.  The one we requested only allows for 1 1/2 hours for dinner at our reception.  Not long enough AT ALL for us! 

LAST DREAM DETAILS - BLESSING 2012 NUEVO spa10.doc

Originally Posted by MommyBride14 View Post

Hi BrideToBe12!  Will you please send me this attachment in a personal message?  Please let us know how your wedding turns out!  I have 30+ people traveling with us for our wedding and I have the same reception ideas as you do!  I feel so clueless and realize that I might need to upgrade my package to the Dreams package.  The one we requested only allows for 1 1/2 hours for dinner at our reception.  Not long enough AT ALL for us! 

would you mind sending me the attachment too? I'd be interested to see it. Thanks!! :)

If you don't want to upgrade to all Dreams Package you can just stick with your current package and upgrade to a private dinner for 4 hours which ranges from Premium $990, Premium Gold $1,350, or Grand Collection $1,650.. could end up being cheaper depending on what you all want. 

We chose the Lindo as well! We secured our date April 17th, 2014. I'm so excited and can't wait to start planning. Right know I'm working with a person named Yuritzi Sanchez, I wonder why we are not working with the same coordinator? I guess they probably have multiple coordinators? We've paid our deposit and signed the contract, we were told that they usually don't get into the details such as flowers and decorations until 6 months out. I'm really ready to start planning now though!! You will have to keep me updated :)

Really? :) See I don't even think I need all of the extras in the wedding package, I just want to be able to extend our reception time!  I'm nervous about hiring a dj because I want it to be music that we like, but I don't want to have to get up and switch to the songs I want for the father/daughter, bride/groom dances etc.  I just want there to be a nice flow! I'm hoping to here from some of the brides getting married in May to see what they recommend :) Where do you find your pricing information for the reception?  I feel like I am clueless and am doing everything wrong trying to find information.  All of my guests will be staying at the Lindo... is it possible to have the reception at the grand without having guests staying there?

Originally Posted by MindyandDax View Post

We chose the Lindo as well! We secured our date April 17th, 2014. I'm so excited and can't wait to start planning. Right know I'm working with a person named Yuritzi Sanchez, I wonder why we are not working with the same coordinator? I guess they probably have multiple coordinators? We've paid our deposit and signed the contract, we were told that they usually don't get into the details such as flowers and decorations until 6 months out. I'm really ready to start planning now though!! You will have to keep me updated :)

I feel the exact same way!  I like to have everything planned out right away instead of picking and choosing here and there for everything as the date gets closer.  I think I just have no idea price wise for everything!  I hate making choices!! I wish it was all laid out for me and I could just show up, but I have a hard time releasing control :P.  I am getting married in November so I will definitely share all of my ideas down to the penny, too once we get married! :)

Really? :) See I don't even think I need all of the extras in the wedding package, I just want to be able to extend our reception time!  I'm nervous about hiring a dj because I want it to be music that we like, but I don't want to have to get up and switch to the songs I want for the father/daughter, bride/groom dances etc.  I just want there to be a nice flow! I'm hoping to here from some of the brides getting married in May to see what they recommend :) Where do you find your pricing information for the reception?  I feel like I am clueless and am doing everything wrong trying to find information.  All of my guests will be staying at the Lindo... is it possible to have the reception at the grand without having guests staying there?  
There is an extra's list that they will send you that includes extra pricing for everything. I thought I was done until I received my final paperwork, not the case. Some of the extras are flowers for your bridal party and parents, center pieces, different beach set ups such as arches, aisle runner, rose petals, etc. I really didn't want to go crazy, but we ended up with about $500 in extras. I went with DJ Doremixx, he has song lists which look great! He does all of the announcements an brings lighting. He was 950 for 5 hours with an assistant and I just have to buy them both a day pass! He also has a dance floor for beach receptions, it is $800 for the night. We didn't do that sine we are inside. I just sent in all of my final details and received pictures of the reception room which includes a dance area, please be warned that the chairs included are wood with arm rests.. I've asked for pricing on other chairs but haven't heard back yet-another additional cost! Also round tables versus square tables are more, colored table clothes and napkins are more.. It all adds up. I tried to keep it simple but we are only having this reception, not another at home so I want it to be perfect. You have to buy day passes for all of your guests for the grand, and keep in mind, no children are allowed.

Y

Yuri secured our deposit then passed me to a WC, I only email her when I get no response from the WC. You won't get details until 3 months out. I requested it early so I could plan ahead and was provided with all of the options and additional price list. So just request it once you have a WC.

Luckily I have save the dates out!  We sent them out electronically and signed up through destinationweddings.com.  I have a few guests who are booked already, and I have a photographer.  That's it!  That's a great idea to look at past posts for ideas!  I think I am just overwhelmed like most brides.  I want to find other brides who have chosen the semi-private/ or private dinner and had a dance reception during the reception.  My package that I have requested only allows for 1 1/2 hrs in the restaurant.  This seems extremely rushed to me!  Thank you for your post!  
1 1/2 hours is just enough time for dinner and cake. My brother and his wife were married at Iberostar and chose that option. They do allow for additional reception options such as renting the disco. I would request a list of Extra's.. It is all on there, then you can decide which option is better. I did this and ended up choosing the dream package because ultimately I was going to request most of the stuff included anyway. I did spend about $500 in additional things as well, and almost $1000 for extra people. So it's really what you want from that day.

Ye

would you mind sending me the attachment too? I'd be interested to see it. Thanks!! :) If you don't want to upgrade to all Dreams Package you can just stick with your current package and upgrade to a private dinner for 4 hours which ranges from Premium $990, Premium Gold $1,350, or Grand Collection $1,650.. could end up being cheaper depending on what you all want. 
yes, message me your emails.