Jump to content

Photo

It started at 60 days.....now it's only 10!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#211 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
  • Member
  • 923 posts

    Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:44 PM



    Sorry to butt in but I feel like something else is going on... I don't think it's that the dress was too much money...There's either a reason she's having money problems or another reason she can't make the trip or decided not to be a bridesmaid because of your personal relationship. I don't think it's the dress. If she's that valued of a friend you should try to talk to her, if not then wait and see what happens

     

    Originally Posted by anudrm 

    Hi Praye 

    Hello Ladies!!! Have I been missed?

     

    I know I have because I had some really nice ladies checking in on me outside of the forum. Oh Emm Gee - how can I express how much I love you ladies!!! You guys have helped me make a lot of decisions....

     

    As YWS2012 reminds me, I am 24 days out from my actual wedding, I leave VA for FL in 20 days. We all know what this means? Can you say low key panic mode?!?!?  I know, I know we all want pictures, but I am at work right now (because I was home the last 2 days, LOL) but I promise I have lots of pictures.

     

    Pictures from my dress fitting (it's PERFECT!!!) - shot glasses - etsy sugar flowers - Sseko Design sandals - Bride & Groom Antique signs that I stole from mochamakes3.  Went to Target for my OOT bag toiletries (need to sneak away and buy the other half of stuff because husband doesn't understand why I want one per bag considering everyone is getting their own bags, MEN go figure!)

     

    Received my customized M&Ms, ordered my lanyards and 2012mrstobe will be sending me some badge holders.

     

    I have done my first aid kits labels also, borrowed from torilynn & customized (because that's what I do) I will upload my template to share (and I am open to personalizing it for anyone if you ask).

    I have finished all of my programs (10 pages per for 20 programs, I HATE cutting). In the midst of attempting to finish my programs my STOOPID HP printer ran out of ink, so of course I was printing everything 10 at a time for the appropriate color, so entail I wasted 10 sheets of cardstock. Sent HIM to the store for IVORY 110# paper and he comes back with another assortment pack.  Like I really need all of that paper.  You have no idea how much paper I have it is simply ridiculous.

     

    While stalking the MP 2012 Brides forum, I came across Blume Boxes, just ordered 6 of those 4 small cubes and 2 small cones.  Centerpiece vases set. Only thing really left is playlist, ceremony script and my personalized stemless wine glasses that I will be making with my Cricut....

     

     

    Duh duh duh - STOOOPID STOOOPID POMS!!! I am so tired of folding freakin poms,  no matter how many I fold I just can't seem to get at the right number, so I will def be doing that tonight also.

     

    As you can tell I have late nights and early mornings....if my mind isn't resting, my body isn't either.  Still not nervous, still smiling and I think I am ready to drop one of my BMs....if you want to hear the story just ask, I'll spill (LOL)

     

    With all that being said, I have actually started packing!!!! 



     



    I'd like to getter better at ordering online. When I do I get whta I came for, in the store I get distracted and end up carrying stuff to the register I have no business touching!

     

    I feel you on the hair thing - I want to straighten it for my mom's wedding (11.25.11) and wear it up in a bun, plus my guy's comming and he's seen it straight for only a few hours so we'll see how long I'll keep it but the VA humidity is something else...I dunno how it is where you are but within the day my curls change three times!

     

    You need an etsy store!!! You already got the tools and the talent! And you can use vistaprint to print things! :)

     

    Your shoes make me almost faint!

     

    If you really need help I seriously will, not sure how much I can do from here. Why don't you live in Richmond or somewhere thats a 2 hour drive or less?! Maybe I can drive up one sunday when you get your wedding orders and help.

    Originally Posted by anudrm 

    I am serious....I will PM about my father, I won't bore anyone else about that.  Yet even before this day, I always knew that he wouldn't be there rather I wanted him or not...once again that's a different story, so I'll PM you all of that.

     

    I stalk the Canadian thread and the November Brides thread in Mexico, hey they didn't have a general November 2011 so I have every right.  Janet ( a Canadian bride) is how I got my programs!

     

    Trust me when I say I'm bad...and it isn't just eBay, I order everything on line and I do mean everything from TP to dish detergent.  eBay is a wicked obsession, I sell and buy.  Hell, if I can find it at a cheaper price and I just have to wait a few days for it, I'm all about that.  I try to plan so that I have enough time to order versus having to go in store and pay the extra.  

     

    Funny thing is I did cut the TP roll, but it's to wide, I guess I should have glued it tighter, I think I'm going to stick with the rolls, after all who doesn't have extra rolls laying around. I know I do.

     

    Well congrats on the new job!!! I know exactly how you feel.  I always wanted my wedding November 11, 2011 (couldn't get that date because I changed locations 3 times) but we couldn't officially start planning until I went back to work. I stayed at home after we had our daughter. So as soon as I got a job this March, I was on the phone making plans, LOL.  I get my dress this Saturday, I am soooo excited about it.  This weather sucks though, I wanted to press my hair (thank goodness I didn't) its been raining the last 3 days. I should have just twisted it down and wore it curly. Maybe I'll do that tonight. Well I can be your VA girlfriend....I told my husband that I was going into paper work after our wedding, you know stationery, cards, invites stuff like that he said cool.  

     

    Shoes - Giiiirlll, Navy blue peep toe red bottoms!!! I squealed like a little girl when they finally arrived, they are so sexy.  Then I ordered the convertible strap sandals that's posted in the "show me your shoes" thread. I bought those in orange, I should receive them next week.

     

    And don't offer your hands because I will use them! I have so many things to wrap up, so I am definitely up for all the help I can get!!

     

    PMing you know

     



     



    #212 anudrm

    anudrm
    • Member
    • 760 posts

      Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

      What happened? Nothing, nada and a whole lot of everything as you can see...I am telling myself to work on my travel mugs tonight, there is another time consuming project because the paper that goes in them couldn't be a straight rectangle, I hate cutting!!!!

       

      I ordered my shot glasses from eBay, of course after comparing prices. He is mad that they are plastic, oh well. The glass one's were more in a smaller lot and were only 1 ounce were the plastic one's are 2. He will be A OK!! LOL. As for the M&Ms, please go to their site, after you pick your colors, pick your packaging.  They did that for me 25 small packages.  

       

      Bridesmaid drama - ummm, let me know when you have time for that. *WOOSAH!!!!**** - they just don't know *smh
       

       

      What do you mean what's holding my dress up? Are you referring to my big ball gown at the bottom, yes I have a hoop skirt underneath, it's so cool because I have never had one before and always wondered how they got them to be shaped like that. I was amazed by it, still am. It is in the bag in the back of the closet.

      Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

      Sorry to butt in but I feel like something else is going on... I don't think it's that the dress was too much money...There's either a reason she's having money problems or another reason she can't make the trip or decided not to be a bridesmaid because of your personal relationship. I don't think it's the dress. If she's that valued of a friend you should try to talk to her, if not then wait and see what happens

       

      You have been missed! I was wondering what happened. You've got a little factory going on over there! So your making me want shot glasses now. Your m&m's are too cute, where did you get them packaged like that? I've only seen the big bags from the website or did you mix the colors and package them? All of your projects look amazing! Sorry to hear about all your little hiccups but the end result will be so worth it! I'm so excited for you - I'm going to be sad when my favorite brides are done planning - it's too exciting for me to follow! So this dress - Oh My Gah! What's holding it up? Is there a petticoat? I can't wait to see you in it with your hair done and your shoes. I can't wait to see what the reception dress looks like as well. Bridesmaid drama - dare I inquire?

       

      Quote:

       

      I'd like to getter better at ordering online. When I do I get whta I came for, in the store I get distracted and end up carrying stuff to the register I have no business touching!

       

      I feel you on the hair thing - I want to straighten it for my mom's wedding (11.25.11) and wear it up in a bun, plus my guy's comming and he's seen it straight for only a few hours so we'll see how long I'll keep it but the VA humidity is something else...I dunno how it is where you are but within the day my curls change three times!

       

      You need an etsy store!!! You already got the tools and the talent! And you can use vistaprint to print things! :)

       

      Your shoes make me almost faint!

       

      If you really need help I seriously will, not sure how much I can do from here. Why don't you live in Richmond or somewhere thats a 2 hour drive or less?! Maybe I can drive up one sunday when you get your wedding orders and help.

       


      I like ordering online because if gives you the opportunity to compare everything and get the best prices. I will order from multiple places if at the end I come out cheaper than buying all from one place. My mom is shocked about how great of a shopper I have become because I was not this way a few years back!

       

      My hair only get's straigthened after October, I don't play with the rainy season or the summer, that's a waste of time, money and energy. It is either in a puff, nappy afro or completely twisted down. Yet I managed to straighten it last weekend and it was super straight when I tried my dress on.  It isn't too bad humidity wise up this way, this rain is no fun though, my edges look horrible! So ready to wash and go back to the naps, then you can't tell when my edges are in a nappy state because all of my hair is.  

      Where is your guy at? 

       

      Etsy? Umm...I do? Will you support my talents? Send me customers? I don't plan to stop after my wedding, I am offering me to everybody starting at small fees.  Already have someone lined up for invitations but I don't plan to just limit myself to that. 

       

      Well you let me know when you feel up to taking that drive! I will be right here at my desk & kitchen table, designing and printing.

       



      #213 anudrm

      anudrm
      • Member
      • 760 posts

        Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

        Hello ladies....so I said I was going to finish and I did. 17 travel mugs personalized!!!

         

        100_0968[1].JPG

         

        Ladies got Flowers:

        100_0969[1].JPG

         

        Fellas got the Palm Tree:

        100_0970[1].JPG

         

        And that is all for tonight!!!

         

        Tomorrow, I will finish Ceremony Script and work on CDs & playlist....Good Night 



        #214 YWS2012

        YWS2012
        • Jr. Member
        • 393 posts

          Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

          Anudrm,

           

          They turn out great!!!

           

          another thing check of  the list YAY!!!!!

          Originally Posted by anudrm 

          Hello ladies....so I said I was going to finish and I did. 17 travel mugs personalized!!!

           

          100_0968[1].JPG

           

          Ladies got Flowers:

          100_0969[1].JPG

           

          Fellas got the Palm Tree:

          100_0970[1].JPG

           

          And that is all for tonight!!!

           

          Tomorrow, I will finish Ceremony Script and work on CDs & playlist....Good Night 



           



          #215 coconoir1908

          coconoir1908
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,136 posts

            Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:43 AM

            Super Awesome!

             

            Originally Posted by anudrm 

            What happened? Nothing, nada and a whole lot of everything as you can see...I am telling myself to work on my travel mugs tonight, there is another time consuming project because the paper that goes in them couldn't be a straight rectangle, I hate cutting!!!!

             

            I ordered my shot glasses from eBay, of course after comparing prices. He is mad that they are plastic, oh well. The glass one's were more in a smaller lot and were only 1 ounce were the plastic one's are 2. He will be A OK!! LOL. As for the M&Ms, please go to their site, after you pick your colors, pick your packaging.  They did that for me 25 small packages.  

             

            Bridesmaid drama - ummm, let me know when you have time for that. *WOOSAH!!!!**** - they just don't know *smh

             

            What do you mean what's holding my dress up? Are you referring to my big ball gown at the bottom, yes I have a hoop skirt underneath, it's so cool because I have never had one before and always wondered how they got them to be shaped like that. I was amazed by it, still am. It is in the bag in the back of the closet.

            I like ordering online because if gives you the opportunity to compare everything and get the best prices. I will order from multiple places if at the end I come out cheaper than buying all from one place. My mom is shocked about how great of a shopper I have become because I was not this way a few years back!

             

            My hair only get's straigthened after October, I don't play with the rainy season or the summer, that's a waste of time, money and energy. It is either in a puff, nappy afro or completely twisted down. Yet I managed to straighten it last weekend and it was super straight when I tried my dress on.  It isn't too bad humidity wise up this way, this rain is no fun though, my edges look horrible! So ready to wash and go back to the naps, then you can't tell when my edges are in a nappy state because all of my hair is.  

            Where is your guy at? 

             

            Etsy? Umm...I do? Will you support my talents? Send me customers? I don't plan to stop after my wedding, I am offering me to everybody starting at small fees.  Already have someone lined up for invitations but I don't plan to just limit myself to that. 

             

            Well you let me know when you feel up to taking that drive! I will be right here at my desk & kitchen table, designing and printing.

             



             



            #216 jbmarch2012

            jbmarch2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 460 posts

              Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

              Anudrm, I think since mrstgun's wedding is done I have been following you're AWESOME thread to cope with what seems like a loss? LOL.

               

              Love these shirts can I ask where you got them done?

               

              Thanks!

               

              J

               

              Originally Posted by anudrm 

              Okay okay, please don't be upset. I know I was supposed to do this 3  hours ago BUT I have finally finished my poms!!!!!  I have 13, I may do 3 more or even 5 more, yet I know I have the minimum...so no more stress over that. My goal tonight - travel mugs......Yet here is what I have been up to:

               

              So, I never posted pictures of the t-shirts

               

              Groomsmen:

              100_0960.JPG

               

              My Grandfather:

              100_0961.JPG

               

              Mi Madre:

               

               

               

              100_0963.JPG

               

              Maid of Honour:

              100_0964.JPG



               



              #217 Bride2012

              Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

                Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

                I absolutely LOVE reading your updates!!!



                #218 asiamarie1

                asiamarie1
                • Jr. Member
                • 239 posts

                  Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:01 AM


                  Anudrm,

                   

                  Love your travel mugs!! They came out awesome, but I didn't expect anything less from you!!! I love the idea of the flowers for the girls and the palm tree for the guys. Where did you buy the mugs from? I am ssuming you designed your own template as well...I would also love your template for the first aid kits. My colors are orange (tangerine) and fuschia... I can't wait to see pics after your wedding!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by anudrm 

                  Hello ladies....so I said I was going to finish and I did. 17 travel mugs personalized!!!

                   

                  100_0968[1].JPG

                   

                  Ladies got Flowers:

                  100_0969[1].JPG

                   

                  Fellas got the Palm Tree:

                  100_0970[1].JPG

                   

                  And that is all for tonight!!!

                   

                  Tomorrow, I will finish Ceremony Script and work on CDs & playlist....Good Night 



                   



                  #219 anudrm

                  anudrm
                  • Member
                  • 760 posts

                    Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

                    Yes, you can use me to fill the void MrsTGuns has left us all with, LOL....

                    My shirts were ordered from VistaPrint but I designed them myself.
                     

                    Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 

                    Anudrm, I think since mrstgun's wedding is done I have been following you're AWESOME thread to cope with what seems like a loss? LOL.

                     

                    Love these shirts can I ask where you got them done?

                     

                    Thanks!

                     

                     



                     



                    #220 anudrm

                    anudrm
                    • Member
                    • 760 posts

                      Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:27 AM


                      Puhleeze, I am just as in tuned with all of your many updates. Especially your great Vista stuff. I am still in love with the "Royal Wedding"

                      Originally Posted by Bride2012 

                      I absolutely LOVE reading your updates!!!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users