Photo

Help with sand ceremony

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

I got an email about Click the image to open in full size.

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
      those are really nice!

#13 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
      • 203 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

I actually bought ours on ebay. They engraved the big vase with what we wanted, then we have the 4 small pouring vase's with our names engraved on them. I bought them in an Ebay store. So no bidding, they are brand new and the glass is beautiful. I think we got an excellent price, for the 5 pieces WITH engraving it cost 39.00!!! It took 3 days from ordering to receiving!! I guess I will pack paper towels and Saran wrap and tape to pack it up on the way home.

#14 amym567

amym567
        • 403 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
          I love those!

We actually used a vase bought at Wal-Mart in Playa the day before, and 2 nautilus shells bought at a store across the street from the resort hours before the ceremony (I knew I wanted those shells, but couldn't find them, and did have a back-up plan!). I just picked up a cheap vase there because I knew I wouldn't keep the sand in an open vase because a. I have 2 kittens that prevent me from keeping almost anything out! and b. I didn't want dust to get in it. So, when I got home, I made this shadow-box to display the sand, a pic of the sand ceremony, and the words my MOH read for it.
          Click the image to open in full size.
          Amy

#15 pouchie

pouchie
          • 189 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amym567
            I love those!

We actually used a vase bought at Wal-Mart in Playa the day before, and 2 nautilus shells bought at a store across the street from the resort hours before the ceremony (I knew I wanted those shells, but couldn't find them, and did have a back-up plan!). I just picked up a cheap vase there because I knew I wouldn't keep the sand in an open vase because a. I have 2 kittens that prevent me from keeping almost anything out! and b. I didn't want dust to get in it. So, when I got home, I made this shadow-box to display the sand, a pic of the sand ceremony, and the words my MOH read for it.
            Amy
            That shadow box is such a great idea!!

#16 Mich

Mich
            • 96 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Jerzzygirl,

What did you end up doing to carry your sand/vases back

#17 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
              • 203 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

It was much easier then I thought it would be.... I topped off our vase with beach sand, then put about 3-4 layers of saran wrap around the top then put bubble wrap around it and put 3 rubberbands to hold it all on and it was FINE. The colors did bleed slightly into each other from laying on its side in my carryon but it looks cool, and its supposed to be blended, right? lol

#18 Mich

Mich
                • 96 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

LOL.... sounds like a great plan. I'll definitely be doing the same....thanks once again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users