Jump to content

Photo

Our DIY Boarding Pass Invites


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#11 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
  • Member
  • 995 posts

    Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:03 PM



    yep...can you believe it..the official countdown is ON!!!!  30 days tomorrow!!!

     

    and still soooooo much left to do.

     

    oh my!!!

     

    R~

    Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

    Haha!

    It's that easy! My brain has went to mush with all the wedding plans, and lists!

     

    One Month for you tomorrow!!

     



     



     



    #12 hatfiehm

    hatfiehm
    • Jr. Member
    • 270 posts

      Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:46 AM


      Hi,

      If you need 55 invites you need to use 110 pages.  Your invites take up 2 full sheets of cardstock, with 6 pages so you need that x 55. (+1 more for you)


       

      Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

      Thanks Ladies,

      That's why you need more than one set of eyes!

      On my "Good" copy I have it set out so that 1 sheet of paper is the same boarding pass thus 5 sheets will make me 3 Invites.

       

      Now I'm not a math girl...and I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how many sheets I need to make 55 Invites.... Anyone?



       


      Holly


      #13 hatfiehm

      hatfiehm
      • Jr. Member
      • 270 posts

        Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:48 AM



        These are awesome!  Did you use the aylee bits template?

        I am more and more inclined to do these myself, however did you find that it would be most cost effective to take them to staples to print and cut, or buy a color printer and do it yourself?  I am pretty sure colored printing is $1 per page at staples here in canada, plus paper....hmmmm

        Thoughts?

         

        Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

        I thought I would post a pic for our NOOBy friends :)

        Your input would be helpful too!

        Wedding Invitations BDW_Page_1.jpgWedding Invitations BDW_Page_2.jpg



         


        Holly


        #14 J and G 2012

        J and G 2012
        • Jr. Member
        • 423 posts

          Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

          I have a few local printers that will be less than the $1 Staples charges.

          I still may print them at home, we are waiting for our sample paper to arrive. It is a metallic White Cardstock (and red ones for the Pocket part) which I may not be able to use in our printer, but it's worth a try.

          I'll post our final outcome when the time comes. 



          #15 anudrm

          anudrm
          • Member
          • 760 posts

            Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

            Your invites are awesome.  I just put mine in the mail, only to confirmed guests also.  (keep in mind that you need extra postage, I used 64 cent stamps, the post office has some nice wedding cake ones & you can always keep some personalized with zazzle.com)

             

            I printed one out for a dummy, to ensure that my cutting was good and all that good stuff!  Good luck and I await to see the final project



            #16 anudrm

            anudrm
            • Member
            • 760 posts

              Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:57 AM



              I used my printer at home to print ours out.  We have an HP, I used ivory & grey heavy cardstock with no problems!

              Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

              I have a few local printers that will be less than the $1 Staples charges.

              I still may print them at home, we are waiting for our sample paper to arrive. It is a metallic White Cardstock (and red ones for the Pocket part) which I may not be able to use in our printer, but it's worth a try.

              I'll post our final outcome when the time comes. 



               



              #17 kymish

              kymish
              • Jr. Member
              • 163 posts

                Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

                this may be a dumb question but is their a way to print light lettering for invitations onto dark cardstock ??
                 

                Originally Posted by anudrm 



                I used my printer at home to print ours out.  We have an HP, I used ivory & grey heavy cardstock with no problems!



                 



                 



                #18 anudrm

                anudrm
                • Member
                • 760 posts

                  Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:25 AM

                  It all depends. I printed beige letters on gray & ivory cardstock, so it can work.  I used adobe photoshop to create my boarding passes, any light color that I planned to print I added a simple shadow to it to create some kind of outline. Which entail printed the beige letters on different colors.
                   

                  Originally Posted by kymish 

                  this may be a dumb question but is their a way to print light lettering for invitations onto dark cardstock ??
                   



                   



                   



                  #19 kymish

                  kymish
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 163 posts

                    Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

                    thanks for the tip ! ill try it out this weekend
                     

                    Originally Posted by anudrm 

                    It all depends. I printed beige letters on gray & ivory cardstock, so it can work.  I used adobe photoshop to create my boarding passes, any light color that I planned to print I added a simple shadow to it to create some kind of outline. Which entail printed the beige letters on different colors.
                     



                     



                     



                    #20 KalikLove

                    KalikLove
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 178 posts

                      Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

                      Ove the colors!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users