Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Millie & George

Music options at the El Dorado

Recommended Posts

I have this same question... we are thinking of renting the speakers for our reception, and maybe hiring a trio or something for the ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iPod for both the wedding and reception here...

 

We entertained the idea of the trio, but it was so expensive for such a short time. We really felt we could do more for our guests with the money we were saving...

 

I've seen pics of weddings there with the 10 piece band and all. Looked amazing, but I can only imagine how much they spent to have them there, or how short it seemed like...

 

And the DJ? For $1500 bucks? What a rip-off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post
iPod for both the wedding and reception here...

We entertained the idea of the trio, but it was so expensive for such a short time. We really felt we could do more for our guests with the money we were saving...

I've seen pics of weddings there with the 10 piece band and all. Looked amazing, but I can only imagine how much they spent to have them there, or how short it seemed like...

And the DJ? For $1500 bucks? What a rip-off...
ditto. :) though I am still playing with the idea of the trio - we'll see closer to the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
ditto. :) though I am still playing with the idea of the trio - we'll see closer to the time

Tempting, I agree, and we may consider it semi-last minute... I'm sort of doubting it though. Have to email some of my sources and see if they thought any of the live music options were worth the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're doing iPod playlists for pre/post + ceremony, cocktail reception, and dinner event. We have a family friend who is a great DJ who is going to help us with the playlists. A trusted friend will act as the emcee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bre View Post
A trusted friend will act as the emcee.
Same here, I forgot to mention that. Anyone have a "format" for reception stuff? Something we can go off of and give to our MC to run the festivities? If there's just a post, point me that way. otherwise, maybe it's something I should look harder for or start a new post for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we're getting married in the chapel, apparently they have a sound system and pre-selected songs already (and I don't believe I need to pay anything extra). For the reception, we're just going to pay for the sound system (I think it's something like $350) and then set up our MP3 player. We are also going to have a Welcome Reception on the night before the wedding and we're going to get the 9-person mariachi band for that - i'm really looking forward to that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post
Tempting, I agree, and we may consider it semi-last minute... I'm sort of doubting it though. Have to email some of my sources and see if they thought any of the live music options were worth the cost.
oohh - let us know if you get any interesting advice!

as for the reception format - were you looking for a playlist of songs, or what and when you should be doing at the reception (ie announcement of B&G, dinner, speech etc?)
if playlist - there is a thread somewhere; if reception organization - I don't recall seeing any thread for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting married in the Chapel as well. For the reception I am going to hire the Mariachi's for the 45 minutes and am playing with the idea of hiring a DJ. I am having a hard time picturing my reception going smoothly with an ipod and no one to emce the event. But the DJ is just so expensive. Has anyone heard reviews on the DJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×