Dreams Punta Cana Excursions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hello Ladies!

Just wondering what excursions are available to the wedding party and what you did?  Any suggestions?  What did you like or not like and what was the cost for what you did?  I'm trying to put a few things together for our guests to opt to do and I'm also trying to decide if we should host an excursion....Thanks for your help!

#2 Melly81

Melly81
    • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Oh good question!  I was wondering the same thing.  I would like to plan an excursion as well for my group...maybe a catamaran tour.  Has anybody done this at DPC?  How much and is it worth it?

#3 kswereda

kswereda
      • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

I would love to know too, I'm getting married on March 27th 2012 at the Barcelo Punta Cana and was planning on inviting all of our guests on the catamaran on the day after our wedding, on my fiance and I, in lieu of favors.  I can't think of anything to give as favors that won't take up a lot of room in our suitcases.

#4 subbi

subbi
        • 217 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hey ladies, I got married at Dreams Punta Cana Sept 16 2011.

We did the Saona Island excursion, the beach is beautiful. It starts with Hotel pick up at about 8am then you take a small tour to the beach destination pick. the driver gives little information about the area. then you jump on a catamaran to saona island. when you get to the island they provide lunch and hang out at the island for about 3 hours. after this you jump on a speed boat which takes you at a point in the ocean where you can swim with starfishes. the area is extremely shallow but it is i the middle of the ocean. It's about 30-45mins around that area and they do provide complimentry drinks. The price was $79 if booked with sunwing rep at the hotel. the other companies were charging aver $100 for the same excursion.

We also did the buggy excursion the more the better cause then they will reduce the price, it cost us $40 per person. This one is for the adventurous ones cause it's muddy wet and dirty, but I loved every moment of it until I got back to the Hotel and realised my hair had loads of sand in it and my wedding was a day away...LOL

I would do them both over again, except for saona island walk with more sun block. I was roasted!

Hope this info helps

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#5 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
          • 155 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thanks Subbi!  Did you find that most of the excursions were cheaper when booking at the hotel?  I was going to book ahead through our travel agent, but I'll wait if it's cheaper!

Originally Posted by subbi 

Hey ladies, I got married at Dreams Punta Cana Sept 16 2011.

We did the Saona Island excursion, the beach is beautiful. It starts with Hotel pick up at about 8am then you take a small tour to the beach destination pick. the driver gives little information about the area. then you jump on a catamaran to saona island. when you get to the island they provide lunch and hang out at the island for about 3 hours. after this you jump on a speed boat which takes you at a point in the ocean where you can swim with starfishes. the area is extremely shallow but it is i the middle of the ocean. It's about 30-45mins around that area and they do provide complimentry drinks. The price was $79 if booked with sunwing rep at the hotel. the other companies were charging aver $100 for the same excursion.

We also did the buggy excursion the more the better cause then they will reduce the price, it cost us $40 per person. This one is for the adventurous ones cause it's muddy wet and dirty, but I loved every moment of it until I got back to the Hotel and realised my hair had loads of sand in it and my wedding was a day away...LOL

I would do them both over again, except for saona island walk with more sun block. I was roasted!

Hope this info helps

#6 Rachelg717

Rachelg717
            • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

I know this thread is a bit outdated... But if anyone out there has suggestions on excursions that would be awesome... In particular is it better to wait and try to coordinate when you arrive instead of pure planning them?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users