Photo

Addressing STD's

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kpluse

kpluse
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

When sending out STD's, do you put "& Guest" or just the person's name? I know for invitations to do that, however with STD's as well?

#2 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:23 PM

I did, I wanted my single friends to know that they are being invited with a guest. I think for a DW, it's very helpful for your guests to know for when they start their planning.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

I did, just because we wanted out single friends to know they could bring a guest...

#4 beckyandbrian

beckyandbrian
        • 113 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

I did not put "& Guest" on our STD's, but I have printed our invites that way and included a line on the RSVP card for them to write the # of people attending. I guess you could do it either way...
          Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

if single then definitely guest, but if they are dating someone I prefer to use their name... I have been with FI for 8 years now, and I really don't appreciate getting guest in the mail.... just me though

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

I agree. I only used guest if they were single, but if they had a b/f or g/f that we knew, I used their name. It backfired on one occasion though. One of Matt's friends had been with his girlfriend for like 6 years and they broke up right after the std's went out. But I think Shelly is right, when the couple is established, it is kind of annoying not to have your name on things.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride
              if single then definitely guest, but if they are dating someone I prefer to use their name... I have been with FI for 8 years now, and I really don't appreciate getting guest in the mail.... just me though

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by NurseSarah
                I did, just because we wanted out single friends to know they could bring a guest...
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride
                ditto. i put the person's name if they were in a somewhat serious relationship. if i knew they were just dating someone, i put "and guest." in some cases, mostly for the single fellas, i let them know that they were more than welcome to bring someone, but didnt' want to put "and guest" - because then the girl sees that and expects to be invited! lol

#8 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

We didn't, but our single guests knew in advance that of course they could bring someone if they wanted. :)

#9 chicago88

chicago88
                  • 699 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

I didn't write "& guest" on our save the dates. I did put the significant other's name if they were dating someone but if single I just listed their name. I will put "& guest" on the invites.

Therese & Jay
                    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

I wrote "and guest" for all the singles. If they are dating someone, I wrote the persons name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users