OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

@@nicolesal Well, I asked my WC about if the DJ is included or not but she hasn't answered. However, In the forum a girl wrote the following prices sent to her by her WC:

....We have different packages for a poolside cocktail after the dinner, as it is private it will have the following cost depending of the Open Bar you want:

National Bar:        
Beer, Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Cocktails, Gin, Whisky          $2680 USD 

Special Cocktails:
Beer, Piña Colada Cocktail, Margarita Cocktail 
& Sparkling Wine                                                  $1400 USD

This option  is for 50 persons maximum , in case there´s more people will have an extra charge. 
This packages includes 3 hours of open bar, set up, soft lighting, cocktail tables, white tiffany chairs microphone and music DJ

@llima interesting.. The package I got states $5 per person, per hour for the special cocktails.... Which seems a lot cheaper unless you really wanted the premium drinks. Personally I don't get why pay the extra when there is so many inclusive bars around.

Even if you had the special cocktails for 50 people and a DJ for 3 hours, that would work out to $1380

Yes :)  @@nicolesal, the special cocktails option is only 5usd p/p. The national open bar I think is 12usd, so for 50 people plus DJ it would be around the prices I just posted.

You are right, most people prefer the special cocktails, it makes more sense, in my case I chose that one for one hour after the ceremony and then I will pay the national open bar for the 3 hrs reception. 

@@Maggietron I'm in Canada as well, ontario. Also planning for next November. So how did you get it booked, just on the westjet website? I usually book through itravel2000. Did you get a group booking rate as well? I'd like a way for my guests to be getting a guaranteed price and a way to put down deposits etc.

I actually got all my dates and location confirmed before I actually booked my trip. I told Linda that I was not booking flights just to find out my dates weren't available. She had no problem with it. I booked the trip 1 month after confirming everything with the resort.

@@Maggietron I'm in Canada as well, ontario. Also planning for next November. So how did you get it booked, just on the westjet website? I usually book through itravel2000. Did you get a group booking rate as well? I'd like a way for my guests to be getting a guaranteed price and a way to put down deposits etc.

I booked with LaurieLee in Calgary, even though I'm in SK. She got quotes from Westjet and Air Canada for me, then she made the initial request to the resort for ceremony availability for the dates I had chosen.  With Air Canada the bride and groom put down deposits to hold a certain number of seats, but with Westjet you don't have a reserved seat until you put down your deposit, so my rate is locked in until November 19. My guests have until then to send their deposits to my travel agent, at which point she will make the reservations.

So I'm a little worried right now. I chose this resort specifically for the Akumal Hammocks site. Its the site that they show on the Coba website when you click on weddings.  When I found out that Akumal was going luxury only, I was worried, so I emailed the resort. They emailed me back and said it would still be available for weddings, so I got quotes from travel agents and we just started collecting deposits.  I got my confirmation from the resort and it said I was down for the Gazebo, so I emailed them back and requested the Akumal site, and they told me that it is no longer open to brides from Coba and Tulum and I couldn't get married there.

I forwarded them the email they had sent me before I booked and asked them if they would honour what I was told before I decided to book and they said they would have to get back to me on that. I'm going to be heartbroken if they won't allow it, I chose the resort based on that site because it was on a seawall and wouldn't have people in speedos in the background. I can't go back to my guests now and tell them they have to pay more to stay at Akumal, and I will be crushed if we get forced into one of the other sites, I don't like any of them!

Does anyone have photos of this "new tulum beach location"? I've only seen the one pic that is super close so you can't tell where it is or what the ceremony would actually look like. 

I booked with LaurieLee in Calgary, even though I'm in SK. She got quotes from Westjet and Air Canada for me, then she made the initial request to the resort for ceremony availability for the dates I had chosen.  With Air Canada the bride and groom put down deposits to hold a certain number of seats, but with Westjet you don't have a reserved seat until you put down your deposit, so my rate is locked in until November 19. My guests have until then to send their deposits to my travel agent, at which point she will make the reservations.

So I'm a little worried right now. I chose this resort specifically for the Akumal Hammocks site. Its the site that they show on the Coba website when you click on weddings.  When I found out that Akumal was going luxury only, I was worried, so I emailed the resort. They emailed me back and said it would still be available for weddings, so I got quotes from travel agents and we just started collecting deposits.  I got my confirmation from the resort and it said I was down for the Gazebo, so I emailed them back and requested the Akumal site, and they told me that it is no longer open to brides from Coba and Tulum and I couldn't get married there.

I forwarded them the email they had sent me before I booked and asked them if they would honour what I was told before I decided to book and they said they would have to get back to me on that. I'm going to be heartbroken if they won't allow it, I chose the resort based on that site because it was on a seawall and wouldn't have people in speedos in the background. I can't go back to my guests now and tell them they have to pay more to stay at Akumal, and I will be crushed if we get forced into one of the other sites, I don't like any of them!

Does anyone have photos of this "new tulum beach location"? I've only seen the one pic that is super close so you can't tell where it is or what the ceremony would actually look like. 

Not an ideal option, but could you stay at Akumal to get the wedding site you want, but have your guests stay at Coba?

Then you get what you want, as do your guests (a cheaper price)..... I know it isn't the same being at the exact hotel, but you don't spend a lot of time in your room.  Good luck!