TATrisha

OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

So I'm just working on my pre-travel brochure and had a couple questions for those who have been to the GBP or who know:

I am assuming there are ATM's on site, can anyone tell me where they are?

Is room service included in the AI package?

What time do the lobby bars stay open until?

What time do the bars at the Hacienda stay open until and am I correct in thinking that drinks are included at the Hacienda except the sport's bar? Or is the sports bar the only place to get drinks at the Hacienda?

Last question, i promise... Where is the best nightlife at the resort (besides the disco)? All the other AI I have been to have always had live music with people dancing and stuff later at night, where out of the 3 hotels is the best for this?

Thanks in advance!! :)

In club Golden of Akumal we got room service.  Not sure it was 24 hours though, and it was very limited.

Hi :) 

I wonder if anyone could help me decide on which meal to go for for our private dinner reception. I am really interested in the mixed grill but does it only come with meat and no sides? Does anyone have any pictures?

Thank you for your help

Rach x

Whats the status regarding all inclusive at the resort now? I heard they had stopped AI from 11pm or so. But yet Ive not seen any reviews mentioning this anywhere.. doh!

I got the mixed grill and it came with a TON of stuff.  So many sides it was ridiculous actually.  They may have scaled back, but I would highly doubt it.

I have not heard anything about the all inclusive stopping at 11, however that's when most of the bars close and you'd have to go to the hacienda to get drinks.

So I'm just working on my pre-travel brochure and had a couple questions for those who have been to the GBP or who know: I am assuming there are ATM's on site, can anyone tell me where they are? Is room service included in the AI package? What time do the lobby bars stay open until? What time do the bars at the Hacienda stay open until and am I correct in thinking that drinks are included at the Hacienda except the sport's bar? Or is the sports bar the only place to get drinks at the Hacienda? Last question, i promise... Where is the best nightlife at the resort (besides the disco)? All the other AI I have been to have always had live music with people dancing and stuff later at night, where out of the 3 hotels is the best for this? Thanks in advance!! :)
Hello, I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding for march 2014. I Stayed at akumal in March 2012 with some girlfriends and had the best vacation, ever!!! When we wee there we got drinks from the sports bar until midnight (included). There are bands and dancing at the hascenda until midnight when the disco opens. It's the best club I have ever been to at a resort!! So fun I convinced my fiancé to have our wedding here. Does anyone know if they offer beach receptions? Or is the poolside the only outdoor options?