TATrisha

OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

Hi, we are booked into the Tulum hotel and have 11th April 2013 pencilled in to get married. We are having the ceremony at the Gazebo but not chose restaurant for wedding dinner yet so any feedback would be grateful. Also, as our party will only consist of 14 is there a ideal location to have our evening party? And is there a set charge for this or based on per person? Many thanks Julie

Hi, we have booked the Tulum hotel for our wedding on 11 April 2013 at the Gazebo after seeing the photographs on this thread. There will be a party of 14 so was wondering which is the best restaurant to have our wedding dinner? Also, with our small party is there an ideal location to have the poolside party and is the charge for this per person or a standard price? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Many thanks Julie

You're getting married on my five year anniversary!!!!!!!!  I love that :)  And I also can't believe it's been five years!  Wow!

With a group of 14 I'm not sure if the poolside reception is the best idea.  Perhaps the live entertainment in the lobby would be better?  But it's up to your group.  If they are party animals and love to dance, then you'll be fine with the intimate poolside reception.

Does anyone know if  the dinners a set menu? Do the guest have a choice on what they want or do we have to decide for our guests? I know we only get to choose one menu but does it work like a regular al la carte dinner where you get to choose individual starter/main/dessert?

Has anyone done the poolside dinner? Is it worth the money? Was thinking about doing the bbq dinner or caribbean. Is the dinner buffet style or served? We have 70 confirmed guests wich will be quite costly if we decide to do the dinner. Just looking for some info....Thanks

With 70 guests, it will be a set menu. 

We did the poolside dinner, and it was worth every penny to us.  However, everyone is different.  I only had 35 guests.  We did the grill option and it was buffet style.  Very delicious and SO many options for our guests.

Many thanks for the reply and congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary on the same day we get married!! Would you recommend the outdoor BBQ and poolside reception instead of the dinner in one of the restaurants as we want to do something different. We will probably be eating together in the restaurants on a couple of occasions together before the wedding so won't feel as special if we do it again on our wedding day! We are awaiting for prices for the different options to see if it is affordable as some people have said it can be costly to have an outdoor BBQ and poolside reception

Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post

Many thanks for the reply and congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary on the same day we get married!!

Would you recommend the outdoor BBQ and poolside reception instead of the dinner in one of the restaurants as we want to do something different.

We will probably be eating together in the restaurants on a couple of occasions together before the wedding so won't feel as special if we do it again on our wedding day!

We are awaiting for prices for the different options to see if it is affordable as some people have said it can be costly to have an outdoor BBQ and poolside reception

im getting married there in December and we're having the poolside BBQ buffet.

For roughly 35 people its going to cost $3130 USD + $700 USD to extend the dinner till 11pm - otherwise it will end at 9:30pm

This includes , dinner, drinks (special cocktails, margaritas, pina coladas, wine, beer) special lights, sound equipment, speakers, microphone, DJ...

Hey! Im feeling really uncomfortable with the resort photography services. I do not want them at our wedding since we are flying out our photographer from France who happens to be my fiance's cousin. He is staying 7 days at the resort, but I had to send an email confirmation with the photography studio. They are scaring me with the 800$ fee. They did not confirm yet that we are 'excluded' from that fee....