OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

@@GBPTBride Are they saying that even if you have your photographer stay for at least 5 nights as a guests you have to pay and additional $500USD???

Yes! So ridiculous! Erika Montes TROPICONESTUDIO <emontes@@Tropiconestudio.com> attached a PDF outlining their services and external photgrapher policies when I inquired.

The SPA is telling $300 USD for external hair and makeup services.

To bring in an external DJ they are charging $90 USD.

Very frustrating.

• VIP Member

Thanks to the generous Kristine for forwarding me the 2015 prices, I have made changes to the main posts of this thread.  I have added a picture from a wedding at the Tulum location, updated the 2015 wedding package pricing, updated the photo & video pricing, and updated the spa pricing.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know! I'm more than happy to help when I can.

As far as photos go, in case you are wondering what the amount of photos provided in the packages actual "feels" like in terms of wedding photos, here are my last three weddings I photographed at the GBP: http://faberphotography.com/photocart/index.php?category=12

Nikki & Tim have a total of 1206 photos

Mariah & Josh have a total of 903 photos from their wedding and 139 from their trash the dress

Cheryl & Aaron have a total of 957 photos from their wedding, 195 from their trash the dress, and 60 from swimming with the dolphins

Checked in last last night in Akumal after an air transat screw up made is 6 hours late. So happy with the Don Pablo collection so far. Got gold bracelets with red stars. Haven't seen a single butler yet had one come around yet but hopefully we will. Villa 66 right near construction but haven't heard a peer out of them. 4 days until the wedding!!! I meet with my eeddiy planner Latisha at noon :)

• Like 1

Any brides fly in an external photgrapher recently?

Was the photographer charged a $500 USD photographer fee to their room?

Is this fee negotiable? I am trying to complain my way out of it.

• VIP Member

If a "family friend" is photographing your wedding, they don't have a photography company name and therefore you would not return the sheet to the on-site photographers when they ask for that information.  if they don't have that information, I'm not sure how they could charge a $500 fee.  

Trisha,

Are you able to tell us which wedding packages were chosen for the photographs you've listed below? It would be a huge help to be able to see what the packages look like!

Thanks to the generous Kristine for forwarding me the 2015 prices, I have made changes to the main posts of this thread.  I have added a picture from a wedding at the Tulum location, updated the 2015 wedding package pricing, updated the photo & video pricing, and updated the spa pricing.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know! I'm more than happy to help when I can.

As far as photos go, in case you are wondering what the amount of photos provided in the packages actual "feels" like in terms of wedding photos, here are my last three weddings I photographed at the GBP: http://faberphotography.com/photocart/index.php?category=12

Nikki & Tim have a total of 1206 photos

Mariah & Josh have a total of 903 photos from their wedding and 139 from their trash the dress

Cheryl & Aaron have a total of 957 photos from their wedding, 195 from their trash the dress, and 60 from swimming with the dolphins

• VIP Member

You actually can't tell by looking at pictures what the difference in the packages are.

The only difference that you could see between Sunshine and Unforgettable is the live music & the flower decorations at the bridal table for dinner.  However you can purchase both of these items separately if you'd like.  

Nikki & Tim had live music at their dinner reception in Arelquin, if you'd like to see that.