OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

• VIP Member

A few questions if anyone can help

I noticed we get VIP service with the wedding packages, what does this include?

Does anyone know if the resort has shuttle services to and from the airport?

For the dinner at the a la cart resturants for the reception dinner, are you able to order from the regular menu? Our group will be small and I'm not interested in a set menu.

Any help will be much appreciated as I have not heard from Linda or Jasmin on these questions.

Thanks ladies :)

VIP service will typically come with a gold wrist band, bathrobes, slippers, and room decorations.  I have had VIP almost every time I've gone, and it really wasn't too much extra.  Perhaps a little extra attention at the bars and restaurants, however the service is already amazing, so it's not noticeable. 

Your resort package should indeed include transportation to and from the airport, however it's not a private transfer.  You'll stop at a few other resorts on the way.  I personally love seeing the other resorts, however when I'm traveling on a tight timeline, I hire Cancun Valet.  They are speedy, safe, private, and reliable.

If you have a very small group, then yes, you can order from the menu.  But I want to say it's less than 20 people, maybe even 12?  Sorry I have forgotten the rules on that one.

• Like 1

• VIP Member

My wedding is next month at tulum gazebo. Does anyone know the process of people attending the wedding who are not staying on the resort? I emailed Gina but have not had a response back Also what are past brides recommendations for hair and makeup? Should I have the salon at the resort do it? I'm at a loss

Thank you!

If they are not staying at the resort they will need to arrange transportation to the resort.  When they arrive, they will have to pay for a guest pass unless you have already prearranged that. Then the hotel will tell direct them.  Typically a tram will meet guests in the main lobby to take them to the wedding location.

VIP service will typically come with a gold wrist band, bathrobes, slippers, and room decorations.  I have had VIP almost every time I've gone, and it really wasn't too much extra.  Perhaps a little extra attention at the bars and restaurants, however the service is already amazing, so it's not noticeable. 

Your resort package should indeed include transportation to and from the airport, however it's not a private transfer.  You'll stop at a few other resorts on the way.  I personally love seeing the other resorts, however when I'm traveling on a tight timeline, I hire Cancun Valet.  They are speedy, safe, private, and reliable.

If you have a very small group, then yes, you can order from the menu.  But I want to say it's less than 20 people, maybe even 12?  Sorry I have forgotten the rules on that one.

Thank you for your help! There are a few in the group that have purchased the Club Hacienda and it sounds as though it is the same service. I am trying to arrange that we stay in the same building or very close to each other. I just didn't know if we needed to pay extra for the Club Hacienda to be able to do this with our guests.

Thanks again:)

Does anyone know if you get access to drinks and food at the Akumal with the Club Hacienda VIP wristbands? Or are you still limited to the Tulum and Coba?

Thanks for helping :)

@ thank you! They did get back to me last night finally!

What is everybodies opinion on the resort salon? Is it worth the money for hair and makeup? I was thinking I'll do my makeup but have them do my hair. Anyone with pictures I can see?

Thank you for your help! There are a few in the group that have purchased the Club Hacienda and it sounds as though it is the same service. I am trying to arrange that we stay in the same building or very close to each other. I just didn't know if we needed to pay extra for the Club Hacienda to be able to do this with our guests.

Thanks again:)Does anyone know if you get access to drinks and food at the Akumal with the Club Hacienda VIP wristbands? Or are you still limited to the Tulum and Coba?

Thanks for helping :)

Your wristbands will be gold with black stars and you will not be able to go to akumal or sian khan. The only wristbands that let you in those resorts are gold with red stars :)

• Like 1

Has anyone had any luck with videographers? I really want a video but the ones Ive seen from TropicOne I'm not impressed with at all.

Has anyone paid a vendor fee to allow another videographer in?

My last resort is bringing a GoPro and getting someone to edit it at home. 

• VIP Member

We didn't have a video of our ceremony, but I know a lot of people just video tape it themselves.  Not many people watch their video that often.  

I personally have started to incorporate video into my photography and put together a slideshow with snippets of video and photos for my couples.  Perhaps you could talk with your photographer and see if something like that is an option?

I'm not from your resort but my BMs spouse go-pro'd our wedding and it was good enough for us. It was a surprise as I didn't know he did but I'm glad he did as it was nice to see it all as the day was a blur. For us the go pro worked just as well since we knew we wouldn't watch it everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! We have just confirmed our wedding for May of 2016 at the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum. This forum has already been so helpful for us. We are unsure about what the best option is as far as packages go so I thought I'd ask what you ladies found to be the best, or if any of you did anything similar. We are expecting about 50 guests.

4PM – Ceremony (Beach is preference I think?)
·         Group picture and champagne toast
5PM to 6PM – Cocktail Hour
·         Pictures for family and wedding party
·         Drinks, appetizers and Mariachi Band
6PM to ??? – Private Poolside Dinner and Reception

Is a beach reception a possibility or is poolside the only option?

Has anyone done the mix grill option? What type of food did that feature?

If we pay for a private poolside dinner does that include the reception? Can we just continue partying out there?

Which package makes the most sense for what we want? Would it be the Romantic Extravagance option? What does the open bar after reception include?

Thanks!! :) 

• VIP Member

Hello everyone! We have just confirmed our wedding for May of 2016 at the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum. This forum has already been so helpful for us. We are unsure about what the best option is as far as packages go so I thought I'd ask what you ladies found to be the best, or if any of you did anything similar. We are expecting about 50 guests.

4PM – Ceremony (Beach is preference I think?)
·         Group picture and champagne toast
5PM to 6PM – Cocktail Hour
·         Pictures for family and wedding party
·         Drinks, appetizers and Mariachi Band
6PM to ??? – Private Poolside Dinner and Reception

Is a beach reception a possibility or is poolside the only option?

Has anyone done the mix grill option? What type of food did that feature?

If we pay for a private poolside dinner does that include the reception? Can we just continue partying out there?

Which package makes the most sense for what we want? Would it be the Romantic Extravagance option? What does the open bar after reception include?

Thanks!! :) 

Congratulations!!

A beach reception is not possible, there isn't lighting,it's really windy, and the bugs come out on the beach at night.  

I did the mix grill option.  There was SOO much food!  It was awesome!  A bunch of proteins (chicken, steak, more chicken), a pasta salad, fruit salad, vegetables, potatoes, desserts, etc.

The private poolside reception that I had did indeed include the reception after and it was AWESOME.  Worth every single penny.

• Like 1