OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

Are you getting responses via email from the resort?

I am getting replys from the resort yes. We havent spoke in a week or so as I havent had many questions. When is your wedding?

we have 3 songs for groom waiting for bride, one for wedding party, one for me, one for signing documents and 2 exit songs for the toast too. plus i have a couple extra as the wedding cordinator said we have some free time after ceremony so wanted to make sure my guests have music.

Is anyone having issues with the Resort responding to emails? I haven't heard anything since October. I have tried calling multiple times but no one is ever in the coordinator office.

Also is there anything special I need to bring that you know of for the Symbolic Ceremony? Paperwork? etc?

Thanks!

I am going to bring a photocopy of our marriage certificate but i dont think we need it. since its all symbloic i havent been notified to bring anything.

Hi Ladies,

I am wondering what everyone is doing for their hair and makeup? I've heard mixed reviews about the resort, I feel better about the hair then I do with them doing my makeup. I just can't see them creating a look I would be happy with...

Has anyone brought an outside company in?

I am using the resort salon. I will let you know how it goes. I considered bring in and outside vendor but I was worried about vendor fees so I just went with salon.

LADIES!!!! IM BACK - Had a fabulous wedding - I will write a full review soon - but please feel free to look at my profile gallery - i have uploaded some photos from our wedding at GBP COBA - nov 27th -TULUM GAZEBO, COCKTAIL HOUR, PRIVATE DINNER AND POOLSIDE DJ PARTY - i tried to upload those that you guys can see the areas, decorations, etc! 

They are some snap shots from our wedding at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba - please feel free to message me or email me at emmanahaylo@yahoo.ca for any inquiries or questions you may have in planning, decorations,Hair/make up, times, weather, locations prices etc :) 
We got married at the Tulum Gazebo - had a cocktail hour right after - used the Videographer at resort (highly worth the price), had a private poolside dinner and DJ party after at Coba Hibiscus bar/ premeire pool) 
ENJOY!!! 

There are also tips in the description of photos that is important :) 

LADIES!!!! IM BACK - Had a fabulous wedding - I will write a full review soon - but please feel free to look at my profile gallery - i have uploaded some photos from our wedding at GBP COBA - nov 27th -TULUM GAZEBO, COCKTAIL HOUR, PRIVATE DINNER AND POOLSIDE DJ PARTY - i tried to upload those that you guys can see the areas, decorations, etc! 

They are some snap shots from our wedding at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba - please feel free to message me or email me at emmanahaylo@yahoo.ca for any inquiries or questions you may have in planning, decorations,Hair/make up, times, weather, locations prices etc :)
We got married at the Tulum Gazebo - had a cocktail hour right after - used the Videographer at resort (highly worth the price), had a private poolside dinner and DJ party after at Coba Hibiscus bar/ premeire pool) 
ENJOY!!! 

• Like 2

Hi I am new to this forum and stumbled upon this thread! it is great, so much more info then I could even hope for!

I got recently engaged and am planning a destination wedding - our travel agent recommended this resort and we are thinking of Dec 2015! With so many resorts to choose from it is SO overwhelming, but knowing that a lot of people have had successful weddings here should make my decision easier (hopefully).

Going to have a lot of fun reading through this... thanks everyone for all the info! 

And congrats to all the newlyweds that just arrived back! :)

I am getting replys from the resort yes. We havent spoke in a week or so as I havent had many questions. When is your wedding?

I am going to bring a photocopy of our marriage certificate but i dont think we need it. since its all symbloic i havent been notified to bring anything.

I am using the resort salon. I will let you know how it goes. I considered bring in and outside vendor but I was worried about vendor fees so I just went with salon.

Hey, I am fairly certain I won't have time on your wedding day to say CONGRATS (hahahha wedding date twin!!) I hope it's everything you dreamed of and more.   I will be thinking of you though - enjoy your week!!!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! So glad I found this thread!! Im getting married in Gran Bahia Principe Tulum on 18th June this year... can't wait!! anyone else get married there, im not sure whether to get married at the gazebo or the beach!  Anyone any tips on anything? Thanks! :)

Hi everyone! So glad I found this thread!! Im getting married in Gran Bahia Principe Tulum on 18th June this year... can't wait!! anyone else get married there, im not sure whether to get married at the gazebo or the beach!  Anyone any tips on anything? Thanks! :)

Hello ladies !!!

I am back arrived last night. Wedding day was amazing!!!! Wedding week was amazing !!

I have nothing but good things to say about the resort.

They treated us very well since the day we arrived. We had room with champange and fresh fruit and big bouquet of flowers when we arrived.

We received special bracelets from the start along with our parents to have access to all the resorts including their restaurants. We did eat at their a la carts but stayed mostly on coba with our guests. The resort is massive. Since we had so many of us it was nice lots to do and see.

We met with wedding coordinator Monday am at 11. Brought everything with me and it all went smoothly she had all the info I sent her and was really organized. We hadn't heard back from the resort photographer since I emailed and said my friend was photographing put wedding. So we signed off that we only wanted the pictures included in package. They were not pushy.

I went for my trial hair Monday evening and I wasn't happy with it. It was nice but I was going for a more natural look and it looked too much for me. So I cancelled and had a friend do it. They did not charge me for the trial.

Wedding day we tried to get champange to the room for me and my girls and this took very long and they wanted to charge us 25 bucks. So if you want drinks before ceremony try and organize it before the day. Wedding day went fast, flowers came on time at 3 , ceremony was at 4 tulum beach.

Flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted and like the picture I gave them.

Grooms boutinener was suppose to be a fushia rose but was a gerber daisy but at that point it didn't matter.

Me and my bridesmaids and mom were picked up at our room and brought to ceremony.

Ceremony location was nice, the cover blocked the sun for our guests and the wind kept them cool. No one complained about the heat. There were shadows on camera phones but my photographer checked out the location day before and said it wouldn't cause a problem for her pictures. Also when we received the pictures from tropic one there were no shadows with them. They did a great job on the pictures they did do. I would recommend them if you didn't want to fly your own down and photography wasn't a big deal. Someone from home would probably be better but theirs was nice also. They did try and get my photographers information the day we picked up pictures stating that they have to inform them that they can not come and do weddings without paying a fee. I informed them she was my guest and a friend they were pushy about getting information and I just refused to give it to them.

My ceremony was at 4 sun went down around 530 ish so I really felt rushed and overwealmed with getting pictures done.

Dinner was amazing food the entire trip was fantastic.

The decorations at the dinner were weak. We didn't do center pieces maybe of we did night have made it look better but it was fine.

The best part besides getting married was the pool side reception. Worth the money it was decorated beautifully we had DJ for 3 hours and brought a list and he played everything on it. The party went too fast and some of us continued to the disco.

Once we got back to our room we had more champange waiting with chocolate covered strawberries and the entire room was covered in rose pedals. It was fabulous.

Hope I covered everything. Just ask if you want to know anything else.

Somehow my ring box was lost. We didn't receive it from wedding coordinator she said a bridesmaid took it with them but she only took the card box. So I was sad about that. Anything special to you assign someone to take it.

Hope that helps. I'll try and add pictures when I get some.

Hey, I am fairly certain I won't have time on your wedding day to say CONGRATS (hahahha wedding date twin!!) I hope it's everything you dreamed of and more.   I will be thinking of you though - enjoy your week!!!

Hey!! Congratulations on your wedding as well :) I had a hard time connecting to the internet there and It was so busy with everyone just getting this now. Hope Your day was great!!!

• Like 3

Hi ladies!! so glad your wedding have gone well, congratulations!

Our details have now been confirmed, wedding is at Akumal beach 2pm on 10th April 2015, dinner at the Arlequin restaurant at 5.30 and then onto the cocktail party at Akumal pool 8-11pm!

Getting so excited now! Wondering if anyone did table plans for their dinner? We have decided on 6 guests per table for dinner and we have 59 guests or did your guests sit wherever they wanted??

@@DonnaandDaz I think it's on the app? Have you seen it?

• VIP Member

Congratulations on finalizing your details!  It sounds like an amazing day!! 

I made place cards so people could save their seats, but I did not assign places.  

The last wedding I photographed at Arlequin had long rectangle tables with about 16 people at each one.  Are you going with round tables instead?