OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

@@Dreamteam17 - regarding your question on the DJ...  When we got to the reception he asked us what 'type' of music we liked.  He offered a few genre suggestions and one of them was 'party music'.  We said "yes, party music!"  But that turned out to be a whole lot of 'celebrate good times' and other oldies.  My husband nixed that pretty quickly and gave him our ipod to play a few songs, and that got everyone out on the dance floor.  From there he seemed to get the hang of what we were after, and played much better music the rest of the night.  He also had lights, and the atmosphere was really fun.  I think a DJ is worth the cost for a couple of hours (we did 3), but would just recommend bringing a list of songs or the types of songs you want to hear so he knows what you're after from the start!

great thank you!! I think we will bring a list with us.

We dont have a MC as of right now, what did you do for your first dance song introduction  and speeches? i was hoping to make a schedule for the DJ of what songs to play and when and if he could introduce what is happening ie: "now the grrom and bride will have their first dance" and "we will now hear a speeech from the MOH " that kinda thing.... will he do that? or no? very basic no jokes or anything just to keep things flowing so i dont have to.

@@Dreamteam17 - regarding your question on the DJ...  When we got to the reception he asked us what 'type' of music we liked.  He offered a few genre suggestions and one of them was 'party music'.  We said "yes, party music!"  But that turned out to be a whole lot of 'celebrate good times' and other oldies.  My husband nixed that pretty quickly and gave him our ipod to play a few songs, and that got everyone out on the dance floor.  From there he seemed to get the hang of what we were after, and played much better music the rest of the night.  He also had lights, and the atmosphere was really fun.  I think a DJ is worth the cost for a couple of hours (we did 3), but would just recommend bringing a list of songs or the types of songs you want to hear so he knows what you're after from the start!

We dont have a MC as of right now, what did you do for your first dance song introduction  and speeches? i was hoping to make a schedule for the DJ of what songs to play and when and if he could introduce what is happening ie: "now the grrom and bride will have their first dance" and "we will now hear a speeech from the MOH " that kinda thing.... will he do that? or no? very basic no jokes or anything just to keep things flowing so i dont have to.

Less than a month until we fly, and 1 month tomorrow until we marry, wedding twin!!!

Our resort makes you pay if you want the DJ to MC.   Not sure that it's the same everywhere.

How is planning coming along?

• Like 1

Less than a month until we fly, and 1 month tomorrow until we marry, wedding twin!!!

Our resort makes you pay if you want the DJ to MC.   Not sure that it's the same everywhere.

How is planning coming along?

yes i cant beleive it!!! coming so fast. ill have to ask my WC aswell didnt say anything about it when i filled out all my information. I am still waiting to hear back from the photographer about bringin my own down with me. its been weeks now so i am hoping i will not have issues when I get there. Planning is pretty much done few odd things here and there.

how about you? hows planning going?

yes i cant beleive it!!! coming so fast. ill have to ask my WC aswell didnt say anything about it when i filled out all my information. I am still waiting to hear back from the photographer about bringin my own down with me. its been weeks now so i am hoping i will not have issues when I get there. Planning is pretty much done few odd things here and there.

how about you? hows planning going?

You are flying Transat right?   We are Air Canada, but had a couple last minute guests book with West Jet.

Planning is basically done, just doing crafts and such.

I got my personal WC last week and we have been trying to tweek my timeline, etc. 

She is painfully slow, which is a tick off, as everyone says it gets better now (not my case, but I heard a rumor my lady is new which scares my Type A personality)

Is a photographer included in your package?

EDIT - maybe I will see you in the airport hahah!!!!

I have to stop spending money- I had a couple last minute add ons for the wedding day in Mexico!!

i also booked my legal marriage for Jan 10, eek!

Edited by calgarybride2015

@Dreamteam17 

I think if you gave the DJ a schedule/list of introductions, etc they would do it no problem.  We ended up having time at the end of our dinner and only had a few speeches, so we just did them at dinner, but the DJ did the announcing for our first dance, bouquet toss, etc.  There wasn't a whole lot for him to announce, but it didn't seem to be a problem or anything. 

Hello Ladies!

Sorry for taking that long. I got married on December 13, 2014 and i came back to a bunch of busy holidays, but here is my review. i hope its helpful.

I got the unforgettable package w/symbolic ceremony, Wedding in Tulum Gazebo, 1 hr of special cocktails after ceremony, dinner at Don Pablo and 3 hours pool party with DJ. WC:Fanny, assistant: Kevin

I did not buy any decorations at all, I trusted in whatever the resort had.

I only got wedding favors which everybody loved! i got them from a seller in Mexico, so 80 pieces was around $160 CAD

divertidas01

So, Everything was perfect!!. I was so stressed but the meeting with the wc is just awesome.

My ceremony was at 4pm but there were some delays because I had a big group of people (80), so the ceremony ended up starting around 4:30, then we just had 1 hr to have photos and drinks.

I hired the photographer of the resort only for 1hr. They were so respectful, not pushy or insistent as i have read here before.

I paid for the hour of special cocktails after the ceremony, but in that moment it's so crazy because everybody wants photos that it was kind of in a rush. Maybe that's the only thing i would change, like to have more time between ceremony and dinner.

the mariachi played in the ceremony, I though it was just delightful to have violins and live music during the ceremony. Then the trio (included in our package) played after the ceremony. I was so busy having photos taken that I didnt even see the trio, but i saw a couple of videos and seemed like the guests loved them.

The dinner was in Don Pablo, the WC have everything arranged so everybody gets in the little cars  after the ceremony and go to the dinner on time. The set up in the restaurant was just perfect, its so good that i didn't have any decorations because it wasn't necessary in my opinion, the restaurant looks elegant already.

The party, was just great, the WC took the cake to the party because for the delay it wasn't enough time to have it during dinner.

The set up of the party was great but the best part was the dancing floor. We were doubtful about renting it coz its expensive, but is just amazing because gives to the party a lot of life and with no decorations at all, makes the party looks great.

I got the DJ and it was great, he was attentive to every song or request.

Makeup and hair i got it in the spa, it was great, a bit slow that's the only bad side. My appointment was at 12:30 and they started like half hour after and finished a bit late so i had to run to get ready after that. However, i loved how they did my hair.

In general I am more than happy with the wedding. I had a rocky start in the resort, just some issues with customer service in our check in but that was all, i find all the employees are so kind and friendly.

For my check out everything was clearly disclosed and good. At the end i ended up buying a photo book that the photostudio offered me, it was just amazing and i had to get it, Everybody though it was an amazing product so we couldn't resist.

I added some photos. If you have questions i will he happy to answer.

Happy new year :D!!!

mariachi

gazebo2

DonPablo

dancingfloor2

• Like 4

I hired the photographer of the resort only for 1hr. They were so respectful, not pushy or insistent as i have read here before.

You mean you hired him for an hour extra after the ceremony, or just the included ceremony and posed pictures?

You are flying Transat right? We are Air Canada, but had a couple last minute guests book with West Jet.

Planning is basically done, just doing crafts and such.

I got my personal WC last week and we have been trying to tweek my timeline, etc.

She is painfully slow, which is a tick off, as everyone says it gets better now (not my case, but I heard a rumor my lady is new which scares my Type A personality)

Is a photographer included in your package?

EDIT - maybe I will see you in the airport hahah!!!!

I have to stop spending money- I had a couple last minute add ons for the wedding day in Mexico!!

i also booked my legal marriage for Jan 10, eek!

I just read this now. For some reason I am not getting email notifications anymore for this site.

We are flying air Canada too, flight leaves at 10 am how about you?

We also had some people book last minute through another travel company.

I am starting to get nervous and thinking about all the small stuff like hair and nails and my makeup....

I finally heard from my wedding coordinator as well everything so far is in place. We do have included photography but I am flying in my own so still waiting to hear from the resort photographer about this. I want in writing this isn't going to be an issue.

Are you flying in your own? Yes we may see each other at the airport !!

3 weeks away I can't believe it. I can't wait to hear your review and see your pictures :)

We already did our legal marriage in June. Be prepared to cry for that too lol I was thinking it was going to be only signing papers but it was all the vows , it was nice to have the experience of just us as well.

@Dreamteam17 

I think if you gave the DJ a schedule/list of introductions, etc they would do it no problem.  We ended up having time at the end of our dinner and only had a few speeches, so we just did them at dinner, but the DJ did the announcing for our first dance, bouquet toss, etc.  There wasn't a whole lot for him to announce, but it didn't seem to be a problem or anything.

Thanks, I emailed our wedding coordinator and she said he wouldn't do it :( not sure if this changed or what. So we decided to get the best man to do it since there isn't much. Thanks for the information though :)

Edited by Dreamteam17

I just read this now. For some reason I am not getting email notifications anymore for this site.

We are flying air Canada too, flight leaves at 10 am how about you?

We also had some people book last minute through another travel company.

I am starting to get nervous and thinking about all the small stuff like hair and nails and my makeup....

I finally heard from my wedding coordinator as well everything so far is in place. We do have included photography but I am flying in my own so still waiting to hear from the resort photographer about this. I want in writing this isn't going to be an issue.

Are you flying in your own? Yes we may see each other at the airport !!

3 weeks away I can't believe it. I can't wait to hear your review and see your pictures :)

We already did our legal marriage in June. Be prepared to cry for that too lol I was thinking it was going to be only signing papers but it was all the vows , it was nice to have the experience of just us as well.

Thanks, I emailed our wedding coordinator and she said he wouldn't do it :( not sure if this changed or what. So we decided to get the best man to do it since there isn't much. Thanks for the information though :)

Hey we leave at 8am so we would miss you! We leave on the 24 at 300 or 330pm can't recall at this moment. You?

We are using the resort photographer :)

Thanks for the heads up on the legal part!!! We plan to go out for dinner after with our witnesses. It is important too so want it to be a nice evening. June, wow! Is your symbolic in Mexico known or do most know about the June legal?

My aunt asked me what we had chose. She had heard people talking about the options and the hassles and she was basically like do it in Calgary and make it easy on yourselves. So maybe no one would be upset after all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean you hired him for an hour extra after the ceremony, or just the included ceremony and posed pictures?

Hi!, I hired the photographer for one hour after the ceremony. So, that hour includes 20 photos. 

In the unforgettable package you only have 15 photos and all of them during the ceremony. So i just wanted some photos after the ceremony and take advantage of the time between the ceremony and the dinner.