OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

Yes I filled out the form and where it said booking number I wrote TBD I also mentioned it again when I emailed it to her. she actually only had 1 time available but it was 2pm which is perfect for me.

@@Shannonandangelina that's what I was thinking! So I'll try telling her the same. So did you still fill out the "to confirm" template she has? I wonder what options there is for the ceremony times.

I booked with LaurieLee in Calgary, even though I'm in SK. She got quotes from Westjet and Air Canada for me, then she made the initial request to the resort for ceremony availability for the dates I had chosen.  With Air Canada the bride and groom put down deposits to hold a certain number of seats, but with Westjet you don't have a reserved seat until you put down your deposit, so my rate is locked in until November 19. My guests have until then to send their deposits to my travel agent, at which point she will make the reservations.

So I'm a little worried right now. I chose this resort specifically for the Akumal Hammocks site. Its the site that they show on the Coba website when you click on weddings.  When I found out that Akumal was going luxury only, I was worried, so I emailed the resort. They emailed me back and said it would still be available for weddings, so I got quotes from travel agents and we just started collecting deposits.  I got my confirmation from the resort and it said I was down for the Gazebo, so I emailed them back and requested the Akumal site, and they told me that it is no longer open to brides from Coba and Tulum and I couldn't get married there.

I forwarded them the email they had sent me before I booked and asked them if they would honour what I was told before I decided to book and they said they would have to get back to me on that. I'm going to be heartbroken if they won't allow it, I chose the resort based on that site because it was on a seawall and wouldn't have people in speedos in the background. I can't go back to my guests now and tell them they have to pay more to stay at Akumal, and I will be crushed if we get forced into one of the other sites, I don't like any of them!

Does anyone have photos of this "new tulum beach location"? I've only seen the one pic that is super close so you can't tell where it is or what the ceremony would actually look like. 

That is strange because I asked Linda in September if I could marry on the Akumal side if staying in Tulum and she said they would make it available to us for the duration of the ceremony. In the end I choose to just stay in Akumal. 

@@Maggietron Omg that sucks!! They should honour it. What resort are you currently booked at?? Where were you planning on having your dinner?

Also is Laurielee a travel agent? What company does she work for? I'm still a little confused on that whole process of seat reservations. I am hoping to get a rate of no more than 1200 per person for next November as I have been watching the prices and they are about 1000 per person. Also are you going down at the same time as your guests or are you going a little earlier/staying longer?

Hi ladies! Hope you are all doing well. can't believe I am leaving in 6 days already!!

Quick question and sorry if it's been asked on here before - does anyone know if the Bahia spa offers shellac nail polish? I wanted to get my nails done before we leave however the time between when I get them done and wedding is a week and they will most definitely grow out! I don't really want acrylic nails.

@@Maggietron Omg that sucks!! They should honour it. What resort are you currently booked at?? Where were you planning on having your dinner?

Also is Laurielee a travel agent? What company does she work for? I'm still a little confused on that whole process of seat reservations. I am hoping to get a rate of no more than 1200 per person for next November as I have been watching the prices and they are about 1000 per person. Also are you going down at the same time as your guests or are you going a little earlier/staying longer?

We're booked at Coba, I've requested Portofino and jacuzzi pool reception, but I haven't heard back yet and they didn't send the menu options at Portofino, so I'm not sure what that means. 

Laurielee works for Tier One Travel, a lot of Canadian brides use her. You can find her info on google. If you're looking at the prices for this year, keep in mind that the prices online now are going to be last minute deals, you will end up paying more for next year.  

We're just going to go the same dates as our guests. We'll probably have a "honeymoon" and go to Jasper or Lake Louise or something in the spring.

Hi everyone,

the wedding coordinator e-mailed me options for dinner, however she kept saying that if i chose the Tequila Restaurant or the Gran Tortuga Restaurant we would be under white tents. I haven't heard this from anyone else before. It seems like everyone is usually inside the restaurants.. has anyone ever seen this or done this before? or have a picture?

I booked with LaurieLee in Calgary, even though I'm in SK. She got quotes from Westjet and Air Canada for me, then she made the initial request to the resort for ceremony availability for the dates I had chosen.  With Air Canada the bride and groom put down deposits to hold a certain number of seats, but with Westjet you don't have a reserved seat until you put down your deposit, so my rate is locked in until November 19. My guests have until then to send their deposits to my travel agent, at which point she will make the reservations.So I'm a little worried right now. I chose this resort specifically for the Akumal Hammocks site. Its the site that they show on the Coba website when you click on weddings.  When I found out that Akumal was going luxury only, I was worried, so I emailed the resort. They emailed me back and said it would still be available for weddings, so I got quotes from travel agents and we just started collecting deposits.  I got my confirmation from the resort and it said I was down for the Gazebo, so I emailed them back and requested the Akumal site, and they told me that it is no longer open to brides from Coba and Tulum and I couldn't get married there.

I forwarded them the email they had sent me before I booked and asked them if they would honour what I was told before I decided to book and they said they would have to get back to me on that. I'm going to be heartbroken if they won't allow it, I chose the resort based on that site because it was on a seawall and wouldn't have people in speedos in the background. I can't go back to my guests now and tell them they have to pay more to stay at Akumal, and I will be crushed if we get forced into one of the other sites, I don't like any of them!

Does anyone have photos of this "new tulum beach location"? I've only seen the one pic that is super close so you can't tell where it is or what the ceremony would actually look like.

I also emailed the resort regarding not being able to have my ceremony at the hammock location a while back and she said I could have my ceremony there and my dinner and reception at coba so we will see.