OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

I didn't know you could stop at one hotel and get married at another? (that is not in the same chain??)

Do you know if guests have to pay for day passes etc? any help welcome, we are due to book this month for May 2015

thanks in advance

We aren't getting married at another hotel but at a beach club outside of playa del Carmen. We love the Bahia Principe (this will be our 4th time there, 7th time at a Bahia resort :) however we wanted to get married somewhere where we could make it our own and party late into the night.

However I believe guests do have to pay for day passes.

• VIP Member

You pretty much HAVE to book the salon in advance and they won't come to your room. 

And you must pay day passes for people attending your wedding.  Just remember that's only for guests, no outside vendors from Mexico are allowed.

Hi,

I was wondering how you pay for the wedding? Do you pay when you leave the hotel? And do they accept American Express? I've asked the wedding coordinator but I haven't had a reply yet and it is less than a month toll our wedding! Thank you.

You pay when you check out. We paid with MasterCard. My guess is they take all major credit cards,, but call your credit card company before and let them know you will be using it for charges in Mexico, otherwise they would likely freeze your account. That's what my bank told me anyway, so we called before our wedding.

Does anyone know if you can decline the resort photographer to take pictures? We are flying our own in and would rather she just do the photography.

Also, how many weddings do they have a day? Would we have to worried about not getting the reception restaurant or private reception locations we wanted ?

• VIP Member

Yes, you can decline the resort photographer, however your photographer has to meet the requirements of staying 3 nights and paying a $400 vendor fee, or staying 5 nights.  

The photography folks will most likely give you a stink about declining their services.  Tell them in email that you decline it and then when you meet with the wedding coordinator you can again tell them.  It shouldn't be a problem after that.

They will also ask for your photographers information, DO NOT GIVE THAT TO THEM. 

How many weddings a day... I'm not sure of the maximum.  I know of two a day at each location, but I have never seen a "beach" Tulum wedding taking place during a gazebo wedding.  Being a January wedding, you should be able to request and get your preferred restaurant or private reception location at this time.  It may not be verified without a little bit of hassle, but you should be able to get it.

• Like 2

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any updated pricing on wedding packages? I don't need a reception or DJ because we are looking into taking our guests on a catamaran cruise instead. I am goi to be contacting the resort via travel agent in the next couple of weeks but would appreciate any guidance! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• VIP Member

The pricing should be pretty well updated.  The free dinner reception comes with the packages but maybe if you contact the resort they'll do more of an ala carte pricing for you?  And I think the catamaran cruise sounds AMAZING!!!  I'm insanely jealous of your photographer :)

I am waiting for the 2015 wedding package prices. I was told end of March but I haven't heard anything yet. When I emailed the resort they sent me all of the 2014 prices.

WEDDING PACKAGES 2014

Tulum, Akumal, Coba & Sian Kaan

• Civil wedding (judge fees, marriage license and certificate.) **WHEN LEGAL WEDDING**

• Minister´s Fee ** When Symbolic Wedding ( non legal) – Renewal of Vows**

• Marriage ceremony with music from CD.(couple may bring their own).

• Romantic Ornamental decoration of the wedding site, location will be assigned after arrival.

• Picturesque Wedding location – may be celebrated on the beach or gazebo (upon confirmation)

• Music for the Ceremony with recorded CD ( couple may bring their own)

• Bride & Groom’s bouquet & boutonniere (Tropical Local Flowers) – just for the couple.

• Domestic sparkling wine celebration toast after the ceremony (1 bottle per 7 adults, maximum total of 4 bottles)

• Sit down dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu ( semi private)

• Standard Wedding Cake for all wedding guests or dessert choice (Dessert from our specialty restaurant menu rather than the traditional wedding cake)

• Room Upgrade for the couple & parents (subject to availability upon arrival).

• Upgraded in-room Amenities (just for the couple)

• Transfer to wedding location for the couple.

• Bottle of wine upon arrival in room (wedding couple)

• Luxury Turn down service (wedding couple & parents)

• 10 professional full digital colored pictures of the wedding ceremony

• 15% Discount on Spa treatments (except pedicure, manicure, hairdresser & makeup)

• Late Check out ( wedding couple & parents, upon request at the check in & subject to availability)

• Professional Services of an Onsite Wedding Coordinator.

• Witnesses (if required)

• Romantic Decoration in couple room ( welcome surprise)

• VIP treatment for the couple

• 1 Newlywed’s Romantic breakfast in bed ( just for the couple)

TOTAL PRICE - LEGAL WEDDING (taxes included): 1,490.00 USD

TOTAL PRICE- SYMBOLIC WEDDING (non legal)(taxes included): 1,345.00 USD

• Civil wedding (judge fees, marriage license and certificate.) ***WHEN LEGAL WEDINGS**

• Minister’s Fee **When Symbolic Wedding (non legal) - Renewal of Vows**.

• Marriage ceremony with music from CD (couple may bring their own).

• Romantic Ornamental decoration of the wedding site, location will be assigned after arrival.

• Bride & Groom’s bouquet & boutonniere (Tropical Local Flowers) –just for the couple -.

• Fresh Elegant Floral Decor on Bridal Table

• Picturesque Wedding location – may be celebrated on the beach or gazebo (upon confirmation)

• Champagne Luxury Toast after the ceremony with Möet Chandon (max. 4 bottles – 1 p/7 persons)

• Sit-Down Dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu. (semi private)

• Standard Wedding Cake for all wedding guests or dessert choice (dessert from our specialty restaurant menu, rather than the traditional wedding cake).

• Room Upgrade for couple & parents (subject to availability upon arrival).

• 1 Newlywed’s Romantic Breakfast in bed (just for the couple)

• Transfer to wedding location. (for the couple)

• Romantic Candlelight Dinner with Reservation (wedding couple - must be requested before arrival)

• Upgraded in-room Amenities – ( for the couple & parents)

• Romantic decoration in couple’s room ( welcome surprise)

• Bottle of International wine will be served in the room upon arrival. (wedding couple)

• Luxury Turn down service. (wedding couple & parents)

• 15 professional full digital colored pictures of the wedding ceremony

• 20% Discount on Spa treatments (except pedicure, manicure, hairdresser & makeup)

• Late Check ( wedding couple & parents, upon request at check in & subject to availability)

• Live Musical Trio (to play at ceremony or dinner)

• Witnesses ( if required)

• VIP Treatment for the couple

TOTAL PRICE - LEGAL WEDDING (taxes included): 1,710.00 USD

TOTAL PRICE- SYMBOLIC WEDDING (non legal)(taxes included): 1,575.00 USD

ROMANCE EXTRAVAGANZA

( Maximum 30 persons – additional supplement per guest – 40 usd pperson)

• Civil wedding (judge fees, marriage license and certificate.) ***WHEN LEGAL WEDINGS**

• Minister’s Fee **When Symbolic Wedding (non legal) - Renewal of Vows**.

• Marriage ceremony with music from CD (couple may bring their own).

• Bride & Groom’s bouquet & boutonniere (Tropical Local Flowers) –just for the couple -.

• Fresh Elegant Floral Decor on Bridal Table

• Music for the Ceremony with recorded CD ( couple may bring their own)

• Champagne Luxury Toast after the ceremony with Möet Chandon (max. 7 bottles – 1 p/7 persons)

• 1 hour cocktails & canapés served after the ceremony

• 2 hours of open domestic bar after reception dinner

• Sit-Down Dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu. (semi private)

• Standard Wedding Cake for all wedding guests or dessert choice (dessert from our specialty restaurant menu, rather than the traditional wedding cake).

• Room Upgrade for couple & parents (subject to availability upon arrival).

• 1 Newlywed’s Romantic Breakfast in bed (just for the couple)

• Transfer to wedding location. (for the couple)

• Romantic Candlelight Dinner with Reservation (wedding couple - must be requested before arrival)

• Upgraded in-room Amenities – ( for the couple & parents)

• Romantic decoration in couple’s room ( welcome surprise)

• Bottle of International wine will be served in the room upon arrival. (wedding couple)

• 25 professional full digital colored pictures of the wedding ceremony

• Special Massage of 30 minutes ( just for the couple)

• Manicure & Pedicure (for the Bride)

• Late Check ( wedding couple & parents, upon request at check in & subject to availability)

• Live Musical Trio (to play at ceremony or dinner)

• Witnesses ( if required)

• VIP Treatment for the couple & parents

• Special Wedding Present from Bahia Principe ( 3 complimentary nights for your next reservation from may 1st to December 7th, 2014 ( minimum stay of 7 nights)

TOTAL PRICE - LEGAL WEDDING (taxes included): 3,140.00 USD

TOTAL PRICE- SYMBOLIC WEDDING (non legal)(taxes included): 2,995.00 USD

MAYAN BLESSING

………….It is a traditional cultural ceremony where ancient Mayan blessed love of wedding couples in harmony of the nature and with the authorization of the Gods, the 4 elements and the 7 spiritual directions, the smoke of copal cleans all souls and allows an eternal blessing of love, with the sound of the sea shells and the colors of the flowers…….

• Fees for the Religious Mayan Officer “Shaman”…

• Marriage ceremony with music of drums and sea shells…. Partly performed in Mayan language and translated into English

• Decoration of the location; the wedding location will be assigned after arrival.

• Dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu (consult menus and more than 30people is upon availability).

• Upgraded in-room Amenities

• Upon arrival local sparkling wine will be served in the room.

• Transfer to wedding location for the bride.

• Turn down service.

• Celebration with domestic champagne.

• 5 professional full colored pictures of the wedding ceremony

• Room Upgrade for the Bride & Groom (upon availability).

• Other additional personalized options are available (Ask Wedding Coordinator for current options and prices).

**Bride & Groom must arrive 2 full business days previous to the wedding day**

TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 1,150.00 USD

IMPORTANT!!!!

SYMBOLIC CEREMONIES:

**Bride & Groom must arrive 2 full business days previous to the wedding day**

LEGAL WEDDINGS:

**Bride & Groom & witnesses must arrive 4 full business days previous to the wedding day**

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR CIVIL ( LEGAL) WEDDINGS

 Valid passports. In case the bride’s name is not the same in her passport than in her birth certificate and she wants to get married with the same name of her birth certificate she should bring her birth certificate (original) appostilled by the government of her country and translated into Spanish by a Mexican official translator (stamped). Driver license will not be accepted by the official.

 If the bride is widowed or divorced (in case her passport has her ex husbands last name) it is necessary to bring her birth certificate (original) appostilled by the government of her country and translated into Spanish by a Mexican official translator (stamped), according to Mexican Law the bride must be 12 months divorced before remarrying. In case the bride’s name is the same as her maiden name in the passport – she can use the passport as official ID and will marry as single ( In Mexico after being divorce the marital status is single) – no translations of birth certificate are required.

 If the groom is widowed or divorced no additional documents are required ( as his name do not changed)

 Tourist Card. Clients get this card upon arrival at the airport in Mexico.

 Medical Documentation: Blood tests (Sexually Transmitted diseases – VDRL, HIV, Blood Type) and medical certification stating that all results were negative and patient is physically in good health. Blood tests have to be done here in Mexico, we have a clinic at the Resort - (approximate cost: 90.00 USD per person).

 Four witnesses: two for the bride and two for the groom with valid passport (driver license) will not be accepted by the official. The witnesses have to be older than 18 years. All witnesses must come in person to the appointment with the wedding coordinator with their valid passport and tourist card at least 4 labor days prior to the wedding date.

 IMPORTANT NOTE***All Legal wedding packages include the apostille of the Wedding Certificate with Mexican Government – this apostilled Wedding Certificate will be sent by private courier to the Home address of the wedding couple approximately 3 to 4 months after the wedding date.

Hope that helps