OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

Hi,

We are getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Riviera on the 4th of April 2014.

We have emailed Eugenia a couple of times now with question etc but not had a reply in over two weeks is this a normal sort of time to expect to wait on a reply?

Thanks

Sarah 

I am getting married at Akumal on April 7th. No one at the hotel will email me. Very frustrating! I have Eugenia as my WC as well. It has been nearly 1 month since I have heard from anyone at the hotel. The only emails I got were confirming the wedding date and time and then after I agreed and sent them my booking information all communication stopped. I am really not impressed.

What information Sarah, if any, have you received about the wedding options. I originally went with the Romance Extravaganza option but now I might change my mind. With this package it says 2 hours of open bar is included. For a reception you would still have to hire a dj though at 210/hr so that's an extra 420. I am thinking of switing to the unforgettable symbolic package which saves over 1200, and then putting that towards purchasing a poolside reception as an opton. I have requested the prices on the poolside recpetion and of course have heard nothing, but in old posts it shows that poolside receptions are for 3 hrs at 1900.

Anyone know the 2014 prices for poolside receptions?

I have also read a lot about flowers for bouquets being seasonal. I picked out my bridal party dresses and ties based on the bouquet I told them I wanted. How will I know if I am going to get that bouquet or not?? Again....no response

Hi,

I am getting married in the tulum section on 18th April, (planner, Jazmin) and all the information I've received has been very recent, including the flowers catalogue I can send it to your email if you want? But I'd assume if you've already picked flowers from the catalogue then you will get those ones? I did ask about bouquets not in the catalogue and got a quote of 198usd for a small pink peony and white rose bouquet.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies. Trisha I wondered if you knew about getting some nibbles after the ceremony? My ceremony is at 3pm and we dont eat till 5 30pm so I was wondering about getting some nibbles for during this time. Do you know how much it is extra to have some nibbles or is there a snack bar near by the tulum gazebo that we could set up some tables and chairs. We was thinking we might be able to tip the waiters at the snack bar some money to have some snacks ready for 3 30pm after our ceremony? 

I really would like to do this for our famly and friends whilst we are having pictures taken.

Thanks 

Hi, I'm getting married in Akumal on 7th May 2014 and have emailed the wedding coordinator twice asking for information about the flowers available but no one has replied yet. I want to order the same flowers for our wedding reception in the UK so want to find out what choices there are soon.

Hi,

We will be opting for a symbolic ceremony - looking to do this May 2015.

The agent I am using has said there will be an additional charge of $500 for the celebrant to perform the ceremony, is this correct, has anyone else had to pay this?

I have also been told, to marry at the akumal hammock location, you now have to stay at the akumal!

we wanted to stay at the coba and marry at the akumal

• VIP Member

The snack bar will always have a bunch of food options ready and available for your guests, and I think that's typically where guests go while the bride and groom are doing pictures.  However, it's also not a ton of time inbetween so they might just want to go freshen up in their rooms.

The flowers should be at the beginning of this topic.  If you can't download them, you can pay to become a junior member faster.

The charge is interesting. Is that for someone other than they usually use, maybe? 

And yes, Akumal is turning into an exclusive side of the resort, so I figured they would soon make it only available to Akumal guests.

The snack bar will always have a bunch of food options ready and available for your guests, and I think that's typically where guests go while the bride and groom are doing pictures.  However, it's also not a ton of time inbetween so they might just want to go freshen up in their rooms.

The flowers should be at the beginning of this topic.  If you can't download them, you can pay to become a junior member faster.

The charge is interesting. Is that for someone other than they usually use, maybe? 

And yes, Akumal is turning into an exclusive side of the resort, so I figured they would soon make it only available to Akumal guests.

I was just told that was the fee and we'd have to pay it, i keep getting alot of conflicting information and to be honest it is putting me off mexico as it seems a lot of hassle. 

I wonder why the Akumal is turning into an exclusive part of the resort, I always heard Coba was the best hotel because it was the newest.

• VIP Member

Coba is furthest from the beach and Akumal is right on the beach and a good amount of suites.  That's why it'll become exclusive, just like the resort across the street.  I have heard rumor of adult only too, but that has not been confirmed.

There is a lot of conflicting information, and I think most of that comes from the fact that things change pretty frequently.  They have weddings every single day and make changes constantly.  So it is frustrating, but the weddings are amazing.

Coba is furthest from the beach and Akumal is right on the beach and a good amount of suites.  That's why it'll become exclusive, just like the resort across the street.  I have heard rumor of adult only too, but that has not been confirmed.

There is a lot of conflicting information, and I think most of that comes from the fact that things change pretty frequently.  They have weddings every single day and make changes constantly.  So it is frustrating, but the weddings are amazing.

ok thankyou.

I wanted to know if they decorate the hammock location for you, i have just been told that this is done, we want purple and apparently this can be arranged? Does anyone have experience of this?

I bet they charge extra for it, although all i have been told is that 3 months before your wedding you get given contact to a local wedding coordinator.

thanks for your help

• VIP Member

The hammock location decorating is actually up for debate at the moment.  I was one of the first brides to bring my own fabric... and it was free for them to set it up, however there is a recent report that they are charging $150 to decorate the area for you.  So if you hear from your coordinator, please verify!