OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

• VIP Member

Sorry I was away for so long.  I had an extended stay at the hospital and then gave birth to our daughter prematurly so a little stay in the NICU too.  But I'm back!  Sorry again!

Kat, you only get the free photos in your package in print or on your disc.  After that you either have to buy a package or pay per piece. It's actually very expensive and you don't get many photos for that price.  Obviously, if you're only looking for a few photos of your wedding day then it's cost effective, otherwise I'd look into flying someone down to photograph your wedding.

As for August, I photographed a wedding there the second week.  I will not lie, it was HOT, but it was still beautiful and fun and cooled down at night.

For the poolside reception, Id recommend a friend announcing you for your first dance.

Do you remember how much it cost for a photo package? What do you mean "fly someone down?" I want a video of just ceremony and definitely pictures :-) We decided on August 4, 2014... I'm currently in the process of contacting travel agencies for deals to book our trip. Tlseege... Congratulations! I hope mother and baby are doing well?

Actually, my friend who is standing up in my wedding... Her parents own a photography studio and she does the bookkeeping for them. They are doing our engagement photos, but what do you suggest I do to bring a photographer down? Pay for photographers trip and photos? Just trip?

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

Sorry I was away for so long.  I had an extended stay at the hospital and then gave birth to our daughter prematurly so a little stay in the NICU too.  But I'm back!  Sorry again!

Kat, you only get the free photos in your package in print or on your disc.  After that you either have to buy a package or pay per piece. It's actually very expensive and you don't get many photos for that price.  Obviously, if you're only looking for a few photos of your wedding day then it's cost effective, otherwise I'd look into flying someone down to photograph your wedding.

As for August, I photographed a wedding there the second week.  I will not lie, it was HOT, but it was still beautiful and fun and cooled down at night.

For the poolside reception, Id recommend a friend announcing you for your first dance.

Congratulations Trisha!!! I hope everyone is doing well! :)

Originally Posted by gallardo films View Post

Hi ladies!

We're Gallardo Films wedding cinematographers at Mayan Riviera

We want to share with you another beautiful wedding, this time at the Grand Velas.

Hope you like it and have a nice day!

How much do you charge?

Hello! I am in need of help :(

My grandmother is 83, and will be 84 at the time of our wedding. She has recently been in the hospital and is too old and weak to travel. I spent an hour and half on the phone yesterday with her, and she kept complaining of how awful an idea it is to get married in Mexico. My mother passed away when I was 18, and I am 26 now.... my grandma is my mom's mom.... 

My mom's family is from Ukraine and are VERY traditional and "old school." However, my dad is American and I have come to adopt more American roots.... I don't even speak Ukrainian. My fiance, though Armenian and not born in this country, his family is accepting of our idea to have a wedding in Mexico.

I am in graduate school and never dreamed of having a big fancy an expensive wedding... yet, my grandmother thinks I am selfish for wanting to do things this way.

I really need some help and advice on how to handle this situation :(

Sincerely, 

Kat

Hi guys, 

First of all, this is a great thread and I'm really glad to have found it!

Our wedding is next year Nov. 28, 2014. 

We started planning our wedding through a friend working at Flight Centre, and he's basically been the person in contact with the resort thus far. 

At this time we reached the point where the resort had asked for the dates, the wedding package, etc. to begin with. 

And now we are just waiting to start having some conversations with the wedding coordinator. 

We have not heard from anyone at the resort yet, (which is fine as we do have plenty of time), but I'm just wondering about anyone else's experience who

has started the process through a flight agency and how that was all organized and such. 

Will the wedding coordinator actually get back to me this soon or am I dreaming ? Through reading the past threads it seems like getting a hold of them is pretty difficult. 

• VIP Member

Thank you all. We are now doing well :) To fly a photographer down you pay for their trip and costs to photograph your wedding. Some offer a huge discount on their services (such as myself) and some don't. My past GBP brides have spent on average between $2500-3000 total. I'm so sorry to hear about your grand mother :(. Neither of ours were able to come either and it was very sad, however it's not quite the same situation. But in our case i had always dreamt of a destination wedding. I knew that I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't do it my way. So then we scheduled a special time with our grandmas where we showed them our beautiful wedding images and told them all about our day. I have also photographed a wedding where an iPad was used to FaceTime/Skype family members who weren't able to attend.

Yes, live streaming a destination wedding is an awesome way to include those back home who were unable to attend......brilliant!

Maybe your Grandma would feel more included, Kat, if she could watch her precious granddaughter's wedding online as it happens....what a wonderful experience that could be!!!

Hope everyone has the wonderful weddings they dream of.....Cheers all :)

team MTM :)

Thank you all. We are now doing well :) To fly a photographer down you pay for their trip and costs to photograph your wedding. Some offer a huge discount on their services (such as myself) and some don't. My past GBP brides have spent on average between $2500-3000 total. I'm so sorry to hear about your grand mother :(. Neither of ours were able to come either and it was very sad, however it's not quite the same situation. But in our case i had always dreamt of a destination wedding. I knew that I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't do it my way. So then we scheduled a special time with our grandmas where we showed them our beautiful wedding images and told them all about our day. I have also photographed a wedding where an iPad was used to FaceTime/Skype family members who weren't able to attend.
Glad to hear all is well now with you and your family, Trish. :)