#1 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hi Ladies!

I need your help.  I am getting married in Jamaica in January.  I have extremely fine straight hair, but plan on wearing my hair half up half down and curled.  Im looking for a hairspray that will hold the curls and also be good in the humidity.  If anyone can recommend one I would really appreciate it!

#2 jmastr05

jmastr05
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

I have the best hairspray to recommend for you! CHI Helmet Head Hair Spray.

My wedding was in Aruba, where there's always a trade wind. The wind has an effect so many aspects of the wedding - basically everything not nailed down! My mom asked every single bride that got married at our resort before me how her hair stayed so well. Every one of them said that her hairdresser used CHI Helmet Head Hair Spray, as did mine. It appears to be every Arabian hairdressers secret weapon!

#3 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Ohhhhh yes...I love Helmet Head!!!  It leaves terrible sticky residue on my bathroom walls that's impossible to get off, but it's the best finishing/holding product I've ever found for my fine hair.  If you watch for it, sometimes it pops up at Winners/Homesense (I see you're from Canada too)...and when the travel-sizes show up, I totally stock up for my vacations!

I have the best hairspray to recommend for you! CHI Helmet Head Hair Spray.

My wedding was in Aruba, where there's always a trade wind. The wind has an effect so many aspects of the wedding - basically everything not nailed down! My mom asked every single bride that got married at our resort before me how her hair stayed so well. Every one of them said that her hairdresser used CHI Helmet Head Hair Spray, as did mine. It appears to be every Arabian hairdressers secret weapon!

#4 jmastr05

jmastr05
      • 189 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

Yes! That's it!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Ohhhhh yes...I love Helmet Head!!!  It leaves terrible sticky residue on my bathroom walls that's impossible to get off, but it's the best finishing/holding product I've ever found for my fine hair.  If you watch for it, sometimes it pops up at Winners/Homesense (I see you're from Canada too)...and when the travel-sizes show up, I totally stock up for my vacations!

103408946-260x260-0-0_Chi+CHI+Helmet+Head+Hair+Spray+10+oz+Case+of+6+Chi.jpg

#5 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

I think Im going to have to purchase this! I have used a CHI hairspray in the past and it was awful (it wasn't this one though!) so Im going to give it a try!

#6 jmastr05

jmastr05
        • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

I don't know if I would want to use CHI Helmet Head for everyday use. As MJKH mentioned, it IS sticky (and I have a bad habit of touching and playing with my hair throughout the day). But it def did its job combating the wind and humidity!

#7 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
          • 385 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

One of my closest friends is a stylist for make up and hair.  She recommended Sebastian for me (and she uses it herself) and I LOVE it! It ha GREAT hold without being sticky, stiff or smelly!!  You can get it at your local Trade Secrets (for ladies in Canada).

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users