Photo

Whats better One or Two Dresses?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shellbell9567

shellbell9567
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Ok, I have an unusual question.(I think anyway) We bought my dress at BCBG back in May and I am in LOVE with it. I went online today to see that my dress has gone on sale and is now only $115! My question is: Should I buy a second dress for photos and then change for the ceremony? Has anyone out there ever done this? I just feel like its so affordable that maybe a should get a second one but then again it may just be a waste. Thoughts?

#2 astef

astef
    • 161 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm only having one dress for absolutely everything, but I know a lot of girls have one dress for the wedding day and one dress for the 'trash the dress' session... maybe this is an option? Are you doing a trash the dress? If you're just going to get two dresses because of the price, in my opinion, I'd use that extra cash elsewhere :)

Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

Melia Caribe Tropical Resort

#3 jmastr05

jmastr05
      • 189 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

I don't see a need for one dress for the ceremony and a second, identical dress for the reception. However I am thinking along the lines of astef... Maybe you want to do a TTD?!

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

I am only having one dress for everything, but a lot of brides do have two dresses for various reasons for their wedding day.  I guess if you really think you need two then go for it, otherwise spend that money somewhere else!

#5 cherrylee

cherrylee
        • Banned
        • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

one

#6 Jessamaka

Jessamaka
          • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

It's a good idea if you like the concept of TTD. but, if it's bulky, remember that the extra baggage may cost more than then second dress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users