8 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

I copied you shelly :)

I have a necklace with pearls on it (careful not to say it the other way) and I'm trying to find a bracelet to match. I was given the necklace in highschool from someone very special and wore it to many of the big events (prom, graduation, senior pictures). I'm wearing a different necklace for my wedding, but it also has some pearls. So I thought it would be cool to get a bracelet to wear to my wedding that would match my other necklace so I'd now have a set.

The thing is, I don't know anything about pearls & I don't know what type they are on this necklace. I was always told the were freshwater pearls, but I just googled freshwater pearls & they don't look the same. These pearls are long & very rough. And I don't think they are real, but I think they are really nice fakes. I don't care that the bracelet be real pearls either.

Does anyone know what the long, rough looking pearls are called? I'll go take a picture to make it easier.

Thanks for your help!

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

So I found out they are called rice shaped or oval shaped. I also found other freshwater pearls that look just like this, so I guess that is what they are. Now I just need to find a rice shaped, freshwater pearl bracelet.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

I'm having a hard time matching the color of the pearls I have in a necklace of my mothers ... but if you take it to a jewelers, they can help you out. YOu can also order pearl samples from several different websites to check for shape and color matches. I've just ordered some samples to try to match my color so I can get earrings and a bracelet to match.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            I'm having a hard time matching the color of the pearls I have in a necklace of my mothers ... but if you take it to a jewelers, they can help you out. YOu can also order pearl samples from several different websites to check for shape and color matches. I've just ordered some samples to try to match my color so I can get earrings and a bracelet to match.
            What websites have you been using?

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              What websites have you been using?
              I knew you were going to ask that! lol. I didn't bookmark them but let me see if I can find the ones I ordered samples from. :-)

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

Oh, that's fine if you can't find it. I just started searchingand already know more about pearls than I've ever known before. I think I'll be able to track down the bracelet I want.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

These aren't all sites I ordered samples from ... but they all have a lot to choose from, so might have what you are looking for!

Pearl jewelry: freshwater pearls, Akoya pearls, Tahitian pearls, South Sea pearls.

Home

Quality Pearls, Pearl Jewelry, Pearl Necklaces

Handcrafted custom jewelry, swarovski crystal necklaces, genuine pearl sets, bracelets

Bridal Jewelry at Amys Bridal Accessories: Couture Bridal Jewelry, Bridesmaid Jewelry & Bridal Tiaras that are completely customizable and unique

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    I copied you shelly :)

I have a necklace with pearls on it (careful not to say it the other way)
                    you so just cracked me up!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users