Photo

Photographer checklist?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JBean

JBean
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

I am very particular about my photos, and a little neurotic about getting all the shots I want so I'm thinking about giving my photographer a checklist. Has anyone done this? I found a ton of them online, so I assume it's ok to do. I'm also going to specify what kind of shots I like - my photog does some styles I'm not crazy about.

Do you think any photographer would be insulted?

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
    Bride & Groom + 29

#2 Peach

Peach
    • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

I think it depends on the photographer, but great question. I would hope not... you are paying for it, you are living with those photos forever, you should love them, and he should not be insulted about that, provided you are polite and straightforward about it.

Most of my friends who have gotten married (though none have done destination before) did have a list of pictures they wanted taken. One even had examples printed off of the kinds that she wanted. So it is totally doable.

#3 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
      • 335 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

My photographers provided us with a list of the standard shots that they do but have asked us to add to the list every additional shot that we absolutely cannot live without.  I really appreciate it, because then I won't be looking back thinking, "Oh, we should have gotten a pic of this!".  

I'm sure most photographers would appreciate the additional direction!  Its far better to give them the information early rather than be disappointed later on!  I say go for it!

#4 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

I don't think they would or should be insulted at ALL!!  This is your day, and it is hard to remember all of the shots you would have wanted when you are in the moment and things are going so fast.  I actually sent my photographer inspiration shots to give him an idea of what I liked/wanted and he was more than receptive.  If you are worried about how they may take it, you could always ask them if they would mind if you provided them with a list of shots you really want on your wedding day and explain that doing so would help you feel less stressed on your day :o).  Good luck!

#5 JBean

JBean
          • 429 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, we're paying a lot of $$ for it so I don't want to regret anything or feel like we missed any critical shots in the excitement of everything.

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
            Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
            Bride & Groom + 29

#6 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Great idea!

Originally Posted by jszy10 

I don't think they would or should be insulted at ALL!!  This is your day, and it is hard to remember all of the shots you would have wanted when you are in the moment and things are going so fast.  I actually sent my photographer inspiration shots to give him an idea of what I liked/wanted and he was more than receptive.  If you are worried about how they may take it, you could always ask them if they would mind if you provided them with a list of shots you really want on your wedding day and explain that doing so would help you feel less stressed on your day :o).  Good luck!

#7 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

I dont think any photographers would be offended if you gave them a list.  We are planning on doing that so we get all the shots we really really want and have no regrets.  If anything it will help speed along the process of pictures as you arent discussing right them and there what pictures you want.

#8 Bride2012

Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

I did the same for my engagement photos, my photographer didnt mind and actually welcomed it, in the end...our photos came out wonderful!

#9 MTruvillio

MTruvillio
                • Site Supporter
                • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

I'd like to see your list when you complete it if you don't mind sharing. I think it's  a great idea!  I'd like to use a list too.

Mary & Jim

Beaches Turks & Caicos

June 4, 2012

#10 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
                  • 402 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

I actually asked my photographer if he didnt mind if i came up with a list of some shots i would like to see. He did not mind at all. I think its help everyone be on the same page. He even suggested putting some examples together of some TTD shots i really love so he knows what i am looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users