10 years together, FINALLY engaged!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mrsbruff2b

• 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

img2366ey.jpg   On our 10 year anniversary, I had come home from a long day at work and opened the door to a bouquet of red roses.  David suggested a walk around a park to de-stress.  Thinking that it would be a local park, I left my ID and cell phone at home.  However, he did remind me to bring my camera knowing that I love to experiment with photography on our walks.  It was when we were pulling onto the highway before I realized we maybe going a fair distance. David assured me that we were going to stop at a few different parks to change up the pace.  I thought it was a very sweet gesture for our anniversary.  David drove us into our childhood town and we pulled up to a very familiar field. Way back when, we had our own secret place that overlooked the beaches.  I loved it there.  It reminded me of all our stolen moments when we were so young. At first I did not recognize the area, but soon the familiar view had me rushing back to old memories. Well, I went completely snap happy with my camera and its INSANE 80x zoom (pictures below leading up to seconds before the proposal).  We did some people watching and even spotted a wild fox! Then, David pointed out a couple walking by the beach.  I looked through my lens and zoomed.  I chuckled.  "Honey, that's not a couple,"  David coughed but I was still looking through my camera display. " those are two guys walking with their arms crossed. Haha."   preproposal.jpg   "Uh, well I wonder if that guy is going to ask the other guy the same question I'm going to ask you..." "What?" I turned around and David was already on one knee, the ring in an open box in his hands. He was blushing and looked so nervous. Honestly, it was all a blur.  My jaw dropped and I put a hand over my mouth.  I was in so much shock. He asked me to spend the rest of my life with him.   I managed to let out a "yes" and as he slipped the ring onto my finger, it quickly became a "yes! yes! Yes! YES!" The breeze was soft, the view was gorgeous, and we just stood there, literally tªte- -tªte listening to the sound of the beach.   img2411ay.jpg   ~~ ------------------------------------------ ~~ Shortly thereafter, as we emerged from Our Secret Place, David stopped a passing bicyclist and asked him to take our photo.  The bicyclist congratulated us and took our first photo as a newly engaged couple!  He also offered us our first words of advice.  "Y'should start lookin' into baby seats for that Mustang, eh?" =) Before heading home, we stopped by our old high school for a photo of where we started.  10 years ago, this was where the journey began.  On the drive home, I was kicking myself for not bringing my cell phone to call everybody. I was DYING with anticipation. But it was a lovely ride home anyway because we held hands all the way there~     img2370bu.jpg

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#2 SweetFire

• Vendor
    • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

Wow what a beautiful story!!!!  Congratulations!!!!  

Warmest wishes and the best of luck with everything,

#3 Jamie5280

• 675 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

YAY!!!  Congratulations!

#4 ssapper

• 182 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Congratulations and what a wonderful story!!!

#5 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 3,072 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

What a sweet romantic story... thanks for sharing! Best of luck with all your planning.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#6 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

What a great story!! Congrats!

#7 eldiexs

• 154 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Welcome and Congratulations!  What a nice story, you deserve a special wedding

Happy Planning

#8 mrsbruff2b

• 385 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

Thank you!!

Our engagement shots are scheduled  for late Sept in Toronto.  I really hope the weather isn't freezing by then. =(

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users