Photo

Hurricane Irene

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Praying for the Bahamas during this time!

I hope all our venues, vendors and friends will be able to ride out this storm with minimal damage or loss of life.

xo

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#2 leahpeah

leahpeah
    • 156 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace, Paradise Island Nassau, Bahamas
    • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

We are praying for them as well!

#3 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

Agreed, hoping it passes quickly for everyone.

#4 MzChoklat

MzChoklat
      • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Praying for Bahamas as well...God Bless!

#5 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
        • 127 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Looks like Paradise Island suffered minimal structural damage!  The winds did cause grounds damage but that's it.  

I searched and doesn't look like any lives were lost!  

Phew!

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#6 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
          • 923 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

You probably heard about it on the news but New Providence did not recieve a direct hit so they fared prettyy well...normal flooding and some trees down - minimal structural damage as you said...the family islands like eluethra took a much harder hit. I havn't heard of anyone my guy knew dying but it seems the damage was normal for them..so sweet of you to start this thread

#7 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
            • 127 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

hey dominique,

that's my name too!  

I'm sorry to hear the other islands got it worse.  hopefully they are all well prepared and already in the clean up stages.  

I grew up in florida and unfortunately, hurricanes where just another part of living in paradise.  We could hurricane proof a house in an afternoon and started stock piling water in june.  My birthday almost always doubled as a hurricane party :/

#8 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
              • 923 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hello Dominique!

(p.s. glad you have two i's in your name two because people think I'm crazy)

I think they're just used to it, like you were. All my family and friends called me panicking about my guy and my friends down there and my guy was  STRESSING ME OUT worried about us (in virginia) because he knew were not used to big storms...I'm just glad it's all over because between the hurricane, earthquake and the great dismal swap buring for months it's been crazy around here.

Originally Posted by MrsWeiss1211 

hey dominique,

that's my name too!  

I'm sorry to hear the other islands got it worse.  hopefully they are all well prepared and already in the clean up stages.  

I grew up in florida and unfortunately, hurricanes where just another part of living in paradise.  We could hurricane proof a house in an afternoon and started stock piling water in june.  My birthday almost always doubled as a hurricane party :/

#9 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
                • 127 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

right???  

I just got back and I'm happy to report the damage is minimal.  Lots of palm fronds down, so the place looks a little naked, but other than that, it's fine.  

I wonder how long it takes for a palm frond to grow back?? My inner bridezilla wanted to suggest faux fronds, but I wouldn't dare admit that away from this site :P

#10 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                  • 923 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

ROTFL... If that's how you really feel you need to have a reality show.....Sounds like the Queen from Alice and Wonderland having them paint roses!

How was your trip?!

Originally Posted by MrsWeiss1211 

right???  

I just got back and I'm happy to report the damage is minimal.  Lots of palm fronds down, so the place looks a little naked, but other than that, it's fine.  

I wonder how long it takes for a palm frond to grow back?? My inner bridezilla wanted to suggest faux fronds, but I wouldn't dare admit that away from this site :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users