Photo

Just Engaged!! Planning a DW for 2014!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 jmastr05

jmastr05
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

I already had my DW in Aruba, but I am curious to know which 3 resorts made your cut. Do you mind sharing?

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

Congrats Mizpriya! Our criteria was exactly the same: Good food, good beach, and either Mexico or Jamaica. We asked everyone we know as well as several travel agents about the resorts with the best food. Then we went on Tripadvisor to see how the places recommended to us ranked in terms of their beaches. From there we got a list of 8 or 9 resorts which we priced and checked that their wedding packages included everything we wanted. Only three met all our criteria, much easier to make a decision at that point :) Good luck!

#12 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
    • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

We got the Iberostar in Jamaica (the one we chose), the Grand Palladium in the Mayan Riviera and Ocean Coral also in the Mayan. There were many others that qualified with the good food and nice beach but these three came in under 1700 Canadian for a week long stay and had flexible wedding packages.

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

I already had my DW in Aruba, but I am curious to know which 3 resorts made your cut. Do you mind sharing?

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#13 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
      • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Congratulations and Welcome. I started by reading as many reviews as I could get my hands on. We settled on Mexico and that's about it for now. You have plenty of time so read lots of reviews (with a grain of salt) and go with the one that feels right.

#14 WeddingMay

WeddingMay
        • 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Congratulations & happy planning!!

Married! May 13 2012!

#15 kykai

kykai
          • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Congratulations and good luck planning!

#16 Lyman

Lyman
            • 262 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

good instincts FutureMrsF.......about trusting yourself to know when it "feels right" ! Wishing you happy planning and that you have the most amazing wedding of your dreams......Enjoy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users