Photo

Photo Scavenger Hunts For Wedding Guests..

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 vickib

vickib
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Love this idea...thanks for sharing!

#12 lianee

lianee
    • 86 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

Is anyone thinking of offering any prizes for the person/group that gets the most pictures on the list?

I almost think that I will say that whoever completes the most pictures will get a prize at the end of the week.  I'll likely have my laptop with me, so I'll tell them to bring me their memory card and I'll transfer the pictures right there and declare a winner before everyone leaves.

#13 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
      • 236 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yes,  Im offering two prizes..  One for the formal photos group and one for the silly photos...  Im going to give the winner for the formal photos a cool photo frame with a group shot on the beach of everyone that came to the wedding.  and for the silly photos im going to have a bottle of booze.  Im going to announce the winners at our "at home reception" and have all the best pictures running on a projector :)   

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#14 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

This is a good idea; I was wondering how to do it! Might have to steal your idea!

Originally Posted by bride2b2013 

Yes,  Im offering two prizes..  One for the formal photos group and one for the silly photos...  Im going to give the winner for the formal photos a cool photo frame with a group shot on the beach of everyone that came to the wedding.  and for the silly photos im going to have a bottle of booze.  Im going to announce the winners at our "at home reception" and have all the best pictures running on a projector :)   

#15 elisamarie

elisamarie
          • 222 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

I love this idea, and the idea of two categories with prizes awarded at the AHR. I'm definitely going to do this !! Thanks for the idea!

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#16 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
            • 164 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I started working on a list but will definitely incorporate some of the shots you ladies are suggesting. I saw the idea here about other website about a vey unique type of thank you to give to your guests where you actually send them a "thank you photo book" of the wedding week. You ask them for all the pics they took but don't tell them why you're asking ( this is where creativity in the types of shots you are including in your scavenger hunt comes in). Your thank you book includes very few pics of you and the groom but you just make it all about your guests. It will be a great keepsake and your guests definitely won't be expecting it. You can get the books at mypublisher.com and they always run promotions where you can buy one get one free. Their "pocketbook" size is 5.75 x 7.75 and runs 9.99. If you buy it during one of their specials, you are getting each book for only $5.00! Here is the link that explains the "thank you" photo book. http://www.destinati...-you-cards.html My wedding party will be pretty small and I plan on putting a disposable cameras in each of the welcome bags with the instructions (and categories) for the scavenger hunt. I will ask my guests to upload the pictures to a photoshare site but I am trying to figure how to determine the winner of the scavenger hunt. ( as I have a very competitive group!) Any suggestions?

#17 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

Yes I have heard of this... very cute idea! 

What are you giving for prizes? Maybe have a few.... most creative shot, most unexpected, most romantic, most scavenger items complete.... that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe 

I started working on a list but will definitely incorporate some of the shots you ladies are suggesting. I saw the idea here about other website about a vey unique type of thank you to give to your guests where you actually send them a "thank you photo book" of the wedding week. You ask them for all the pics they took but don't tell them why you're asking ( this is where creativity in the types of shots you are including in your scavenger hunt comes in). Your thank you book includes very few pics of you and the groom but you just make it all about your guests.
                It will be a great keepsake and your guests definitely won't be expecting it. You can get the books at mypublisher.com and they always run promotions where you can buy one get one free. Their "pocketbook" size is 5.75 x 7.75 and runs 9.99. If you buy it during one of their specials, you are getting each book for only $5.00!
                Here is the link that explains the "thank you" photo book.
                http://www.destinati...-you-cards.html
                My wedding party will be pretty small and I plan on putting a disposable cameras in each of the welcome bags with the instructions (and categories) for the scavenger hunt. I will ask my guests to upload the pictures to a photoshare site but I am trying to figure how to determine the winner of the scavenger hunt. ( as I have a very competitive group!) Any suggestions?

#18 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
                • 164 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Peach 

Yes I have heard of this... very cute idea! 

What are you giving for prizes? Maybe have a few.... most creative shot, most unexpected, most romantic, most scavenger items complete.... that sort of thing.

I was thinking of beach theme picture frames but I haven't been able to find any reasonably priced one. Also, keeping in mind that I am trying to get enough photographs of my guests to fill the book up, I have to come up with some really good scavenger categories.....Hmmmm, one more thing to think about!

#19 dallace

dallace
                  • 220 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Looooove this idea! I think I'm going to do a "wedding day" scavenger hunt. Have everyone use their own digital cameras/phones and whoever shows up with all the pictures (formal and silly all at once) first will get a prize. I just need to figure out whether to designate someone (who won't be to drunk) to be in charge or just have a gettogether the next day to go through pictures and figure out a winner or winners from there.

#20 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 206 posts
                    • Wedding Date:October 13, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

As I was reading this I was thinking about a little photo book as well.  I usually use shutterfly and they usually have deals too.  All great ideas. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users