Photo Scavenger Hunts For Wedding Guests..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing this too! But I am torn between having one for the whole week or just the wedding itself... What are you doing?

Anyway, this is what I have so far if I decide to go with just the wedding itself:

- the youngest person dancing

- the oldest couple dancing

- someone who has had too many drinks

- someone who will have a painful sunburn tomorrow

- cutting the cake

- the silliest dance move of the night

- a super sweet moment between the bride and groom

- a super sweet moment between the parents of either the bride or groom

- your table

- the table nearest you

- the photographer taking someone's picture

- laughter

- groom playing with ring

- best pair of shoes

- best outfit (this one better be me!)

- any intergenerational dance

- someone getting emotional

- someone whispering to someone else

- your favourite piece of decor

- a member of the bridal party

I don't know. I do not love my list, and I am not even sure if there will be a dance beyond those "firsts" ones, until the AHR, but I am also looking for ideas. Just thought I would get the list started, anyway...

Cannot wait to see what everyone else has!

Hi Peach, I am in the same boat.. I dont know whether to stay serious and just ask for wedding pictures or go silly which as of now im just doing two different lists where for contest prizes im going to offer a unique frame with a group shot of everyone at the wedding as a prize along with something else and then a bottle of booze for the winner of the funny pictures. 

I am making a wedding week activity book with crosswords/wordsearches ect to go in my wedding week survival bags im handing out before we travel ( give them something to do on the plane? )  and The last page is my Photo scavenger hunt Contest.  Ive made two different lists one being wedding pictures and one being silly ones.  The whole Idea to me is to get photos that our photographer may miss at the wedding / or even different angles and then the silly ones just for my guest to have fun with and play in a contest then make an alblum of the guest pictures having fun doing seeing random things..  Im going to write something like upload your pictures for viewing on a social media site( facebook ect ) and send me the link or email directly To enter the contest..

All photo Ideas I have so far are credited to other brides photo ideas that I have found doing the same kind of photo contests for their guests on this site..  Thank you to anyone who shared their ideas!  Right down to a poem Im using to start the contest.

Thank you for your list its great to have more ideas as my actual wedding list picture ideas arent were I want them to be and you have some great ideas too :-)

Heres what I have so far peach :

"Use your camera & scavenge around,
Hunt for the pictures that need to be found.
Shoot away & complete the list,
Find the moments that we may have missed!"

Classic Wedding Shots:
Bride & Groom Kissing
Best Man's Toast!
Maid Of honors Speech
Ring Bearer & Jr Groomsman Together
Bride Dancing with Father
Groom Dancing With Mother
Groom Dancing With Mother In Law
Bride Dancing With Father In Law
Bride, Groom & Their Son
The Grandparents With The Happy Couple
The Entire Bridal Group
Cutting The Cake
Brides Father giving her away
Bride and Groom Walking Hand In Hand
Bride And Groom Walking Hand In Hand On The Beach
Cheers Pictures; Someone making a toast
Bridal Party Group Photos
Funny Reception Pictures
Groups Of Guests In Pool OR On Beach

THE FUNNY & FUN & Foolish SHOTS ;) Happy Clicking . .
1. A Speedo Gone Wrong!
2. Mimic A Fountain Or Statue
3. A Reflection Of Yourself
4. A Guy With A Mullet
5. Someone Sleeping Somewhere Random
6. What The Heck Is This??
7. Groom WITHOUT A Drink!
8. Bride WITH A Drink!
9. Are Those Real?!?! ( Ie: Flowers..Boobs... Etc. )
10. Good Picture Of The Bride & Groom
11. A Picture Of Doing Exactly What A Sign Is Telling you To Do
12. "I Can't Believe We ALL Fit In Here!!?!"
13. "Are You Really Wearing That?"
14. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
15. Boys Will Be Boys!
16. Picture Of Someone Who DOESNT Know You're Watching Them
17. Bad Hair Day
18. Get A Room!
19. Racoon Eyes
20. Sand Castle
21. Starfish
22. Your names in the sand with the date!! :) XO
23. Guests At The Swim Up Bar
24. The Guys At The Batchlor Party ( First Night We Are There! )
25. The Ladies At The Batchlorette Party ( first Night We Are There!)

I REALLY like the idea of having two different lists. I am doing a welcome book too, but was going to include the scavenger hunt separately. Now you definitely have me rethinking that! I actually like that idea better maybe.

I was going to go old-school with the disposable cameras on the tables and the scavenger hunt attached, but I think now I should save that for AHR; some definitely technologically-challenged people there. What a great idea! And I love the list you have; especially the funny stuff one!

Thanks so much!

These are all really great ideas ladies, thanks!

Just my two cents: what I was planning on doing was putting different photo suggestions on different cameras. That way I don't end up with 20 photos of the same thing, on top of the photographers! There will be some overlap but I think this is probably the best way to get a nice range. That way you can include silly and arty suggestions. 

Love the idea of adding an additional scavenger hunt for the general trip to be put in the welcome booklets though! 

Happy planning! 

Kx

Oh, definitely something else good to think about!

Originally Posted by kkimi88 View Post

These are all really great ideas ladies, thanks!

Just my two cents: what I was planning on doing was putting different photo suggestions on different cameras. That way I don't end up with 20 photos of the same thing, on top of the photographers! There will be some overlap but I think this is probably the best way to get a nice range. That way you can include silly and arty suggestions. 

Love the idea of adding an additional scavenger hunt for the general trip to be put in the welcome booklets though! 

Happy planning! 

Kx

Okay, so I was working on mine today, and this is what I have now come up with. I am going to include a week-long scavenger hunt in my activity cards, with a request to share them on facebook or some other photoshare thing. 

On the tables at the wedding itself, with those old-school disposable cameras, I will have these. Depending on how many people come, I may do more, but I figure this is a good start. I will also do something similar at the AHR, but this time focusing more on dancing and games and stuff like that. I found most of this online; what do you think?

Photo scavenger hunt cards.docx

Peach & Kimi: 

great job Peach!  Great photo ideas!  Yah I decided Im going to wait on the disposable cameras until the AHR to catch photos there as im still over a year away and already have at least 40 people comfirmed so It is an added expence I dont really have.

Kimi:  I had looked into doing the disposable cameras with different photos wanted written on each camera but knowing my luck If I were to attempt that someone who doesnt have it written on there camera a good shot wont be looking for it and miss it ( like have a better view to get a better picture) or something of that sort..  thats why I figured with the list of what I am looking for even with alot of multiples I can choose which ones I wish to save :)  then also have a random funny pictures vacation alblum for memories :)

Im sure my plans will change a million times over before I get them set in stone that is the great thing about us all having alot of time to plan :)

Happy planning ladies :)  XO