Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrsAlmaguer2011

Help!! Groomsmen attire!

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

 

I need major help making a decision for groomsmen attire.

 

My bridesmaid dresses are alternating tangerine and watermelon color (from david's bridal).  I am thinking about adding a white sash to their dresses to tie them together somewhat and to tie them in with the groomsmen.

 

The groomsmen on the other hand have white button up shirts with tan pants.  I figure they could roll up the sleeves to make it look more casual and less awkward I guess since they won't have a jacket on.

 

I have purchased alternating ties (orange and pink like the dresses) so that they could match their bridesmaid.

 

My question is this:

 

1.  should i go with a different color with the sash? I have already purchased white sandals for the girls to wear

 

2.  should I go with different tie colors?

 

3.  should I not have the guys wear a tie at all?

 

please help!

 

Thank you,

Melinda

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


In my opinion I would do no sash.  I am not a fan of sashes so maybe I am just being biased but also I think you should embrace your original vision of the alternating dresses.  The two colours compliment one another and dont need anything extra to tie them together.

 

As for the ties, I would alternate them to match the bridesmaid they are 1) walking with or 2) lined up with when standing. To be honest though, if you are looking for a casual vibe and having them roll up their sleeves I would forego the ties all together.  A nice option would be to do bouts in the 2 colours of the girls dresses and alternate them as you would have the ties?! That way the guys are rocking a little bit of the colours as well 

 

 

Originally Posted by MrsAlmaguer2011 View Post

Hello all!

 

I need major help making a decision for groomsmen attire.

 

My bridesmaid dresses are alternating tangerine and watermelon color (from david's bridal).  I am thinking about adding a white sash to their dresses to tie them together somewhat and to tie them in with the groomsmen.

 

The groomsmen on the other hand have white button up shirts with tan pants.  I figure they could roll up the sleeves to make it look more casual and less awkward I guess since they won't have a jacket on.

 

I have purchased alternating ties (orange and pink like the dresses) so that they could match their bridesmaid.

 

My question is this:

 

1.  should i go with a different color with the sash? I have already purchased white sandals for the girls to wear

 

2.  should I go with different tie colors?

 

3.  should I not have the guys wear a tie at all?

 

please help!

 

Thank you,

Melinda

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torilynn:

 

I love your idea!! I didn't think about no sashes at all! geez. I guess I just thought that the dress needed something around the waist. But I think it will look much nicer and more put together without the sash at all. I'm going in to David's Bridal today with one of my bridesmaids to see how everything looks together (I'm dressing up as a groomsmen for my little "dress rehearsal")

 

I kind of thought the same thing about the bouts as well.  I will let you know how it goes and I will take some pics as well!

 

Thanks again for your opinion!
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


In my opinion I would do no sash.  I am not a fan of sashes so maybe I am just being biased but also I think you should embrace your original vision of the alternating dresses.  The two colours compliment one another and dont need anything extra to tie them together.

 

As for the ties, I would alternate them to match the bridesmaid they are 1) walking with or 2) lined up with when standing. To be honest though, if you are looking for a casual vibe and having them roll up their sleeves I would forego the ties all together.  A nice option would be to do bouts in the 2 colours of the girls dresses and alternate them as you would have the ties?! That way the guys are rocking a little bit of the colours as well 

 

 



 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


No problem! Glad I could help!!!! I still like the coordinating ties for the guys so let me know how the dress up session goes!

Originally Posted by MrsAlmaguer2011 View Post

Torilynn:

 

I love your idea!! I didn't think about no sashes at all! geez. I guess I just thought that the dress needed something around the waist. But I think it will look much nicer and more put together without the sash at all. I'm going in to David's Bridal today with one of my bridesmaids to see how everything looks together (I'm dressing up as a groomsmen for my little "dress rehearsal")

 

I kind of thought the same thing about the bouts as well.  I will let you know how it goes and I will take some pics as well!

 

Thanks again for your opinion!
 



 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I changed things a bit. When I got there the different color dresses seemed too busy for me.  So I changed it up. All the girls are in the watermelon (pink) dresses with a tangerine (orange) sash.  I loved the way this looked and it still incorporated both colors.

 

For the groomsmen, I chose a tangerine tie that they are all wearing. 

 

So my dream of alternating colors was put to an end, but I am very happy with my final choice!

 

Now I have to find silver flip flops/sandals for the girls and necklaces!

 

Thanks for your help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear you could come to a decision! I think the two colors together will be beautiful!!

 

Originally Posted by MrsAlmaguer2011 View Post

Hello all!

 

I need major help making a decision for groomsmen attire.

 

My bridesmaid dresses are alternating tangerine and watermelon color (from david's bridal).  I am thinking about adding a white sash to their dresses to tie them together somewhat and to tie them in with the groomsmen.

 

The groomsmen on the other hand have white button up shirts with tan pants.  I figure they could roll up the sleeves to make it look more casual and less awkward I guess since they won't have a jacket on.

 

I have purchased alternating ties (orange and pink like the dresses) so that they could match their bridesmaid.

 

My question is this:

 

1.  should i go with a different color with the sash? I have already purchased white sandals for the girls to wear

 

2.  should I go with different tie colors?

 

3.  should I not have the guys wear a tie at all?

 

please help!

 

Thank you,

Melinda

 


 



Originally Posted by MrsAlmaguer2011 View Post

So I changed things a bit. When I got there the different color dresses seemed too busy for me.  So I changed it up. All the girls are in the watermelon (pink) dresses with a tangerine (orange) sash.  I loved the way this looked and it still incorporated both colors.

 

For the groomsmen, I chose a tangerine tie that they are all wearing. 

 

So my dream of alternating colors was put to an end, but I am very happy with my final choice!

 

Now I have to find silver flip flops/sandals for the girls and necklaces!

 

Thanks for your help!

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×