In Memory Of...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all beautiful - thank you for the insight - I'm sorry for your loss but what you are doing to include your mom in your ceremony is beautiful and I know she will be with you on your special day. My FI lost his father about 10 years ago and I would like to honor/remember him as well on our wedding day. You cannot go wrong with any of these ideas. I personally love the small pictures attached to the bridal bouquet...that's my favorite because then your mom truly is with you as you walk down the aisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by donandcorri View Post
I chose having a photo attached to my bouquet as a more discreet way of having my grandmother with me at my wedding. My Dad would have been too emotional had I done anything else (also, at the time I was looking into this, my grandpa was planning on coming and he has a new wife).

Here's a pic of my bouquet. I also had my grandmother's ring and my great grandmother's brooch attached as my something old & borrowed.
Click the image to open in full size.
May I ask where you got your memory frame. It is beautiful.

Thanks for this post and for all of your ideas. My FI mother just passed away unexpectedly. Our wedding is just 9 mths after her death. The entire family was close and they are having such a hard time. I have been struggling with how to include her in ceremony but not to tear everyone up. I don't think I could have anything read without everyone bursting out crying.

I love memory frame.

How did everyone set up table? Do you think that would be to hard. Need some help on how to handle since they are still morning

My FI lost both of his parents nearly 5 years ago. They died within 4 months of each other. His mom died of breast cancer and his dad died from a heart attack. As a family we just went through our first wedding together without them (FI's brother). It was very difficult as we are going through a lot of first without them lately (first grandchild was also recently born) His brother asked for donations to the Susan B. Komen foundation instead of gifts. I have also seen where instead of giving your guest a gift for coming, you place a small frame on each table stating that a donation has been made to a foundation in the names of your guests. If we were getting married here we would be doing that.

Anyway, we can't do anything like pictures because I think it would be to hard on everyone. So this is what I am thinking...

FI's dad had a very special bible that I am hoping to incorporate into the ceremony. Then I was thinking of having a special piece of jewelry attached to his boutonniere (something indescret). I am also planning on have one of my somethings be his moms.

I think this is a great post, thanks for all of the ideas.

My sister (my BM) and I were orphaned at the age of 6. My FI lost his dad at age 26. One of my BM lost her husband of 2 years this Novemeber. I HAVE to do something to remember them. I was thinking a memory table with pictures and have each of us put a flower on the table as we pass. Of course i will put something in the program to honor them. My MoH suggested also releasing the flowers into the ocean after the ceremony and before pictures. This is something that doesn't have to involve our guests just us. To me , this just feels right. My FI and sister agree.

That's how we're going to do it!

Hi ladies,

I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd post here too:-)

We were looking for a way to have my DHâ€s sister, who passed away several years ago, be part of our celebration, but in a way that wouldnâ€t make people sad. These memory frames were perfect:

Etsy :: DesignsbyTami :: Designer knitting tools, custom photo jewelry & more!

You just send her a picture and a few words youâ€d like written on the back. She sends you a proof before she actually makes it. We ordered three. She had them done and shipped off quickly.

$10 per memory frame.

Front:

Back:

Hi everyone,

My FH mother passed away several years ago, but it has continued to be difficult for my FH dad. We wanted to include a part of his mom in the ceremony without it being so obvious that his dad would be upset. His mom's favourite flowers were yellow roses, so what we are doing is taking yellow rose petals and mixing them in with the sand for our sand ceremony.

It will allow my FH to feel as though she is part of the ceremony without upsetting his dad.

• 2 months later...

Its nice to read the various poems, but also really hard. I fear that incorporating some of these ideas into my wedding will cause me to cry uncontrollably. My mom died 10 years ago and sometimes I think I am dealing with it just fine and time has helped my adjust, and other times I realize its still as hard as the day she died. Not sure how incorporating these things will make me feel.