Why did you pick your ceremony location?

TammyB

HI TammyM. Once I knew I wanted to get married in Cabo, I just started asking people at work if they had ever been. Two of my co-workers had been and suggested PB Sunset Beach. They both have timeshares at PB Sunset beach and said they have seen a few weddings that were just beatiful. This is coming from two guys, so I figured it must have been good.

They said the service is great, food is good and the people are very friendly. Also it is away from downtown and is relaxing. The resort has a shuttle that takes you to the sister resort downtown for free. They said from there all the nightlife is within walking distance. Instead of researching endless hours, I just decided to pick that resort and be done with it. I know myself and if given too many options I would have taken FOREVER to pick a place. Thats also why we are not doing a pre-wedding visit. Too many options.

Although my brother just recently stayed at the Hilton and loved it.

i chose dreams because i made a list of what i wanted and it fit me the best...here was my list of criteria:

It had to be:

• AI (all-inclusive)
  • Have a place for ceremony other than beach but with water views
  • had to be family/kid friendly
  • not too large
  • not in town but close enough to town
  • less than $400 per night for our friends and family

I chose Cabo Surf Hotel for the following reasons:

• I wanted an intimate boutique hotel feel for our event, not a large chain atmosphere.
  • I wanted a venue that would host only my wedding on our day.
  • I love the San Jose del Cabo/Corridor area & wanted to stay away from down town Cabo.
  • The location of Cabo Surf is great for surfing, chilling out and spending time with family & friends.
  • I liked the look of the events held at Cabo Surf - fun, relaxed, great atmoshphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
I chose Cabo Surf Hotel for the following reasons:
  • I wanted an intimate boutique hotel feel for our event, not a large chain atmosphere.
  • I wanted a venue that would host only my wedding on our day.
  • I love the San Jose del Cabo/Corridor area & wanted to stay away from down town Cabo.
  • The location of Cabo Surf is great for surfing, chilling out and spending time with family & friends.
  • I liked the look of the events held at Cabo Surf - fun, relaxed, great atmoshphere.
I could have written this myself. I wanted something that would not look like a megaresort and not look like Orange County. If I wanted to get married at a big resort, I would do it here.

I am going with the Occidental Grand Xcaret Riviera Maya because of the following;

1. The resort is buetifull

2. The resort grounds are big enough that our guests wont be right on top of eachother all week, Ryan thinks it is important that our guests not only feel like they are attending a wedding, but are also on there own personal vacation.

3. The resort is affordable to our guests.

4. Travel time to the Riviera Maya is not lengthy

5. It can accomadate children.

6. The town has a lot of activities

7 It is All Inclusive

8. There are condos nearby for guest that do not want an All Inclusive

9. It is within close proximity to our honeymoon resort.

10. This may sound silly, but there is an ecological park next door to the resort and it looks amazing, if you stay at the Occidental you get a free pass into the park.

11. POOL BARS!

I picked the Hilton becasue of the service I got when I stayed there and the warm, freindly wedding coordinator that I met while I was there. Cabo is wonderful and any place you pick is going to have great ocean views, pools, and make a great place for a party. For me it really came down to how I felt as guest at the property. I can only imagine it will be better when you are a bride and hosting a large group function. CAN'T WAIT!

I chose Dreams Los Cabos because

• We wanted to get married in Mexico
  • We wanted somewhere on the beach with a location with a beach view, but didn't necessarily want to get married in the sand (Dreams has the most beautiful gazebo)
  • We needed somplace that allowed children
  • We wanted all-inclusive
  • We wanted ocean view rooms
  • We found Juan Carlos Tapia's website and he led me to this forum and with all the Dreams brides on here, it seemed like the thing to do!
  • We loved the view in Cabo
  • Pictures were one of the most important things to us, so I will confess much of our decision to get married in Cabo was based on the fact that Juan was there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post
I could have written this myself. I wanted something that would not look like a megaresort and not look like Orange County. If I wanted to get married at a big resort, I would do it here.
Ditto Christa and Tasha...except I don't live in the OC, but rather DC! :)