**Paradisus Palma Real Details & Discussion Thread**

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#191 Anna22

Anna22
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

If anyone needs the 2011 Price list, I have an excel sheet sent to me by my planner (teresa) at the Palma Real.

Shoot me an email anna.m.scherillo@gmail.com and I'll send it over.  I'd post it but frankly, I dont know how ;)

#192 bkbeachbride

bkbeachbride
    • Site Supporter
    • 37 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

Up late doing some planning and I think I'm confused. So lets say I have 50 guest (including 10 outside guests) and I'm paying the per person Buffet reception fee for ALL of those guests..am I to pay a 95 per outside guest fee on top of that? AND those guests still have to pay for a wedding pass?? 

The fantasy package includes 20 guests. Over 20 guests you pay 30 per guest. 

So that $30 for fantasy, $35 for buffet, and $95 for being an outside guest.-- A total of $160 per outside guest?

Someone help me figure this one out please.

Marrying my best friend on May 7th-- 58 booked
      http://tickers.Ticke....fbfe/event.png

#193 Emily113

Emily113
      • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Does anyone have the 2012 packages for PPR yet??  I was told by Diana that if you book a wedding for 2012 before the 2012 packages come out, they will honor the 2011 pricing but you will have the option to upgrade to a 2012 package.  But, I just saw that it says on the website that the pricing is only good for 2011 and to contact them for 2012 info.  I sent them an e-mail, but they usually take a little while to reply.  I emailed them yesterday to find out how to book.  I was hoping to have the option to choose between a 2011 or 2012 package.  Anyone have any info on this?  Let me know!  Thanks! :)

#194 bkbeachbride

bkbeachbride
        • Site Supporter
        • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Just had my planning meeting with Teresa. She was super sweet (as usual) and it went really well. I feel a sense of relief...and a newfound sense of anxiety lol. I think that the fact that I'm getting married literally just set in right after I got off of the phone with Teresa. I have butterflies and all. 

*Deep breath*

yay I'm getting married! 

65ppl including Bride and Groom!....can't wait!

Marrying my best friend on May 7th-- 58 booked
          http://tickers.Ticke....fbfe/event.png

#195 PCBride2012

PCBride2012
          • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hi ladies,

Did you guys get group room rates yet?  

#196 vav11238

vav11238
            • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Yup, I got rates and they are a bit steep. For us:

Option 1

Luxury Junior Suite with Private Garden

Departing 2/22/2012, Returning 2/29/2012

Staying at Paradisus Punta Cana

Total Price for 2 People:

Hi ladies,

Did you guys get group room rates yet?  

#197 PCBride2012

PCBride2012
              • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

Oh, there's a Paradisus Punta Cana and a Paradisus Palma Real, I was confused.  Has anyone gotten any 2012 rates at the Paradisus Palma Real? 

#198 Chelle2BMorrell

Chelle2BMorrell
                • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

I'm getting married in November 2011, and here are the rates we are paying for the basic room- garden view... Feb is high season though, so i'd anticipate you'll be paying a little more...

Occupancy

Deluxe Garden View Suite for 3 nights, 4 days

Deluxe Garden View Suite for 5 nights, 6 days

Single occupancy

$811 per person

$1333 per person

Double occupancy

$599 per person

$980 per person

Triple occupancy

$551 per person

$899 per person

Child 5-12

$316 per person

$506 per person

#199 Chelle2BMorrell

Chelle2BMorrell
                  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Questions for anyone who has been to PPR! I booked Olympus Terrace for the reception, and Naos beach for the ceremony... Teresa had recommended each.  Is it a far walk between?  Can my granny make it?

Also... I bought battery operated 8" lanterns.. I was already going to rent the "strung" lanterns for above the tables... Anyone have better picks of Olympus terrace so i can see where i can use these things?  I was thinking i could hang them from branches, or edge of a roof, or maybe use sticks in glassware and have a few hang as part of tall centerpieces...?!

Any thoughts?!  Thanks so much!

I also read somewhere in the forum that cocktail hour has to be at the same location as the reception- IS That true?!?! SO you have to watch them set up dinner during cocktail hour?!  Yikes!

#200 kmhg

kmhg
                    • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hi! I got married in April 2011 at PPR. The Olympic Terrace is the main central terrace of the hotel - the place with the fountains and giant blue statue of a "person" sitting. That's on their website, and it's very nice, but not terribly private because it's by the main pool, and in between the restaurants, etc. It's very beautiful and there is plenty of seating, and the view can't be beat, over the pool to the beach, and the fountains themselves. I'm not sure where Naos beach is - could you be thinking of Gabi beach? To put it this way, the beach, if they are named differently, are all a short walk away - Gabi being the furthest, is probably at the very most 5 min. And, I might add that the walk to the beach is on a hard surface. There might be a couple steps involved if you are in fact thinking of Gabi, but I think your Granny will be fine - plus there is seating all along the way if she needs to take a break.

I did not have my cocktail reception and wedding reception in the same place - so i'm sure they can arrange for you to have it wherever you want.

I purchased the lanterns for our reception and they were $350 and they were really pretty and I just put the price out of my mind. If you have your own lanterns, bring them, but there isn't really a place to hang them from in the Olympic Terrace bc the whole thing is open-  there is no roof to hang it from, There are plants, etc, but i'm not sure you would hang lanterns from them. Might I suggest the faux candles? That might look pretty on the tables and then you wouldn't have to worry about hanging them anywhere. You might be able to use the lanterns at the reception?

Hope that helps! And, congratulations!!!

ps- My husband and I stayed at The Reserve at PPR and I am so glad we did. It gave us just enough privacy from his overbearing mother who wanted to spend each and every moment with him. She stayed at the regular part of PPR and wasn't allowed onto The Reserve, which was exactly what I was looking for...ha. We spent time with our friends and family but then could spend some alone time too and not have to worry about imposing family members. Just a thought. I thought it was worth ever penny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users