Show me your wedding hair!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 Bride2012

Bride2012
  • Banned
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

My mom INSISTED on a veil...I didnt want one, like you I just wanted a nice flower clip.  My compromise is to wear the veil for the ceremony and then take switch to the clip for the reception

#12 jmastr05

jmastr05
    • 189 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hmm... I'm not sure. You can check out magazines and ask a hairdresser. If not, you could always use the veil for the ceremony and then take it off and put the flower in for the reception.

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be 

I hope we get some really great pics on this thread. I cant wait to see what everyone has been doing.

My problem is i want too much. (shocking, lol) I told FI i wasnt wearing a veil and he didnt like that too much, so i got one. Thing is i wanted a flower in my hair and to borrow my sisters hairpiece from her wedding. Can you wear a veil and still incorporate flowers?

#13 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Oh, I hope we get some pictures... I have pretty short hair, and it has to stay short (I have thin and fine hair, which means long hair is bad). I have been able to put clips in before, but it is really not easy. I am looking for pretty ideas for short hair.... so far, all i can think to do is curl it!

#14 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
        • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be 

I hope we get some really great pics on this thread. I cant wait to see what everyone has been doing.

My problem is i want too much. (shocking, lol) I told FI i wasnt wearing a veil and he didnt like that too much, so i got one. Thing is i wanted a flower in my hair and to borrow my sisters hairpiece from her wedding. Can you wear a veil and still incorporate flowers?

I was the same as you really didn't want a veil and only a hair flower but my mom insisted on the veil so I actually ended up with a cathedral length veil and a flower with a side pony and it works since the veil is so long it doesn't look cluttered and then I plan to take the veil off right after pictures and just have the flower left. when I get the flower I can take a pic for you and show you if you want. 

#15 countrybride

countrybride
          • 40 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

I am going veil less. But I cannot decide hair down and flowy or up. Up seems like the cooler option but with long hair it can get pretty hot too!

#16 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
            • 170 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

I didn't even think about that! Thanks for sharing! I am planning on wearing a side but with a feathery hair piece -- I'll post a pic of what im trying to decide between in a bit so I can get everyones opinions!

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

My one tid bit of advice about hair is to think about what side will be showing more. My hair flowers was on the left, but during the ceremony, my right side was facing everyone, including the photographer. So the flower isn't in that many pictures. =P

I have thick hair as well, and, I must admit that I was hot. But I have had some nightmare up-dos. I had my hair done like in the picture once before, and I knew it worked for my curly hair. So I stuck with the sure thing.

#17 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
              • 402 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

Hmm... I'm not sure. You can check out magazines and ask a hairdresser. If not, you could always use the veil for the ceremony and then take it off and put the flower in for the reception.

Thanks for the advice. I can't believe I havent bought one wedding mag. Sounds like I need to : )

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

I was the same as you really didn't want a veil and only a hair flower but my mom insisted on the veil so I actually ended up with a cathedral length veil and a flower with a side pony and it works since the veil is so long it doesn't look cluttered and then I plan to take the veil off right after pictures and just have the flower left. when I get the flower I can take a pic for you and show you if you want. 

I would love that. Thank you!

I have come to the realization that i am pretty much having two weddings. Actually, I am doing my hair three times if you count the TTD session. So in actuality, I need to come up with three hair styles. That really excits me tho. It means I can get a little bit of everything. I am really looking forward to seeing pics of the flower/veil combo!

#18 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
                • 170 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

Here are the different styles I am thinking about doing -- They are all very similar

#19 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
                  • 402 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Aruba Bride 

Here are the different styles I am thinking about doing -- They are all very similar

Love this.....flower or no flower?

#20 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
                    • 305 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

i wanted a veil and flower as well and i think i pulled it off!  i wore the veil "under" my hair do and put the flower on the side.

here is one where you can see what i mean

and finally, here is my hairstyle for my AHR a week and a half ago!  i think i like it better than my wedding!  although no veil and a different flower in the back that i didnt get pictures of, lol.

IMG_1962.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users