Photo

Flying Jet Blue with Dress

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

That is hilarious!!  I can just picture seeing this on the plane.  I'd totally crack up. 

Originally Posted by MrsWeiss1211 

Trimalusta,
    Thanks for the report! I'm so nervous about it! I spoke with a flight attendant when we flew down to the Bahamas on September and she suggested we pay extra and get the extra leg room seats as they are the first to board. I'm also going to be flying out on a Tuesday morning so hopefully the flight won't be too full.
    If push comes to shove, I'm prepared to buy the dress its own seat!

#12 jlarruda

jlarruda
    • 201 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

We're flying out next month, direct flight from BOS to Punta Cana.. and theres 26 of us, so I may have to use my "bridezilla" magic and put it in a overhead bin.  (Totally kidding with the "bridezilla comment ;)

#13 JenAnFan

JenAnFan
      • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

My best friend actually was just on a Jetblue flight to her wedding destination and not only were they extremely nice and accommodating - they gave her an entire free seat for just her dress. I'm sure the other people on the flight weren't too happy that the dress got a window seat - but she has always been a jetblue fan and I think will likely only fly them forever in the future. Just call them ahead of time to let them know how much you'd appreciate their help - and they'll be happy to help!! 

#14 kellymiller

kellymiller
        • 238 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
        • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the info everyone!

#15 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
        • 209 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
        • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

I have heard that most all airlines are use to having to deal with wedding dresses and it's not really a big deal.

#16 LauraM

LauraM
        • 232 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm going down to the bahamas next thursday and ask them in detail what they think.

I'm prepared to buy my dress a seat if that's what it takes!

...Buying a seat for a dress sounds crazy but I think it's a good idea at this point! My fiance might hate me but I'm not willing to risk a dress disaster!!

#17 ashley2791

ashley2791
        • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

I flew to JFK (on Jetblue) this past Sunday with my gown and I'm returning home to JAX today with it (on Jetblue). Don't count on being able to lay it out in the over head bin. Our flight to JFK was full so the flight attendants weren't able to do anything to help. We paid for "even more space" seats so that we could board early but still my dress and his suit were pretty packed into the bin. They couldn't really make any special accomodations. So, get a really good garment bag and have it steamed or steam it yourself (I did) on the other end. Also, board early if possible because our flight was so full that people were forced to check bags and it would cause a lot of stress to have to check your dress at the last minute.

#18 WeddingDayStory

WeddingDayStory
          • Insiders
          • 33 posts
            • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico. Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Samaná, Dominican Republic.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hi brides!

Our two cents on the topic, here's How To Choose A Wedding Dress That Will Travel Well For Your Playa Del Carmen Destination Wedding: http://www.weddingda...-wedding-dress/

We got together with experts from a Canada bridal store (Best For Bride) to bring you great tips on the subject!

And, these are just a couple of our favorite bridal gowns we got to photograph over the years:

15-Playa-del-Carmen-destination-wedding.

11-Playa-del-Carmen-destination-wedding.

10-Playa-del-Carmen-destination-wedding.

2-Playa-del-Carmen-destination-wedding.j

8-Playa-del-Carmen-destination-wedding.j

Happy planning everyone!  :D

WeddingDayStory Photo & Video

Celebrating the Simple Romance of Weddings in the Sun

·····································································································

home-icon_zpszd48sned.png?t=1448827209 Visit Our Website

facebook_circle_color-20.png Like us on Facebook for daily #BeachWeddingTips & Inspiration!

UberCons_SocialPack_Instagram-20.png WeddingDayStory's Instagram

twitter_circle_color-20.png Follow Us on Twitter

Transparent-Pinterest-Logo-Icon-660x660_ Follow Our Pinterest Boards For Destination Wedding Inspiration

WW_zpssx812lgw.png?t=1448898098Read Our #WeddingDayStoryCouples Rave

linkedin_zpsji7hbqld.png Find Us on Linkedin

Office (MX): +52 984 148 8653  ·  Skype: WeddingDayStoryPhotoVideo

Latest on the blog! Adventurous & Unique Riviera Maya Wedding Ideas

Best Etsy Wedding Shops For Beach Wedding Goodies

Firma_zpsl6xjfcjx.jpg

info@weddingdaystory.com www.weddingdaystory.com/blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users