Photo

Iron on transfer paper (help)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lauren_Hirshon

Lauren_Hirshon
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:10 AM

Quick question for those who have ironed on their logo onto the OOT bags...

I tried printing my logo tonight onto my natural colored canvas bags but the image on the bag was not nearly as bright and colorful as what printed on the transfer paper. Grrr. How can I make it appear brighter? Does the quality of the paper make a difference? How long I hold the iron on? How can I make it brighter and better looking like everyone elses I've seen!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:49 AM

I didn't notice that problem when I printed mine. Did you set your printer to it's highest possible setting? I think I printed mine on "best photo" settings.

I don't have the package right in front of me, but I know I just held the iron on it for as long as the package said to.

#3 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

So I attempted to do a trial run w/ the iron on transfer paper I got from Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Leia78

Leia78
        • VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

oops...nevermind.

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

yes leia i am interested in hearing the responses to those questions you asked above b/c i just received mine in the mail and have not attempted to do the transfer yet!

#6 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
            • 161 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

I am getting ready to do my iron-on's too and I've also had no experience with it. This is a great thread!

#7 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
              • 985 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

I just did some of these but I used the Avery paper from staples.

I had the iron set in the middle, otherwise mine goes into steam. I used a regular ironing board but I kept moving the iron around. I didn't leave it in one spot. I went backwards and forwards one way and then sideways back and forth the other, for about 2-3 minutes each transfer. I peeled the backing off after about 3 minutes, once it was cool enough to touch.

I'm not sure about your brown marks, maybe it burned? Try moving the iron. With the ones I did you can see the outline of the transfer faintly, but it isn't really shiny.

Hope this helps and if I can offer more advice please ask away!

#8 Leia78

Leia78
                • VIP Member
                • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Helen_S81
                  I just did some of these but I used the Avery paper from staples.

I had the iron set in the middle, otherwise mine goes into steam. I used a regular ironing board but I kept moving the iron around. I didn't leave it in one spot. I went backwards and forwards one way and then sideways back and forth the other, for about 2-3 minutes each transfer. I peeled the backing off after about 3 minutes, once it was cool enough to touch.

I'm not sure about your brown marks, maybe it burned? Try moving the iron. With the ones I did you can see the outline of the transfer faintly, but it isn't really shiny.

Hope this helps and if I can offer more advice please ask away!
                  Thanks Helen! I let my iron sit in one spot...i think that's why it turned brown. Also, Jessica (chpfan) told me to cut the paper as close to the monogram as I can. crap, I have 50 to cut!

#9 Leia78

Leia78
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,459 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

First off let me start by saying that my iron-on-transfer papers did not come w/ directions. With the help of Jessica (chprfan) and the freakin' instructions in front of me (cheaptotes had to send it to me), they turned out much better than the first go around.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#10 h&a

h&a
                    • 321 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:11 AM

Great job! They look fantastic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users