Wedding Day Music - Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seattlebrew

seattlebrew
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I haven't really seen a thread on this topic, but I've been researching different music for my ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, etc and I was a little bit stumped.  I love music, but I didn't think that having a top 40 song to walk down the isle to was necessarily appropriate.  So, I started doing some research.  I stumbled across a record company (Vitamin Records) that does popular music covers with a string quartet.  I went to Amazon.com and searched "vitamin records in mp3" and found 445 entries of different singles and albums in tribute form.  They use a number of titles, but I find searching by the record company has really helped.

My personal favorites?

• Maybe I'm Amazed - Tribute to Paul McCartney (Vitamin String Quartet Tribute To Valentines Day)
    • God Bless the Broken Road - Tribute to Rascal Flatts (Strung Out Vol. 6)
    • Your Song - Tribute to Elton John  (Vitamin String Quartet Tribute To Valentines Day)
    • Your Eyes - Tribute to Peter Gabriel (The Rock and Rolls Valentines Day Collection)
    • All I Want Is You - Tribute to U2 (The Rock n Roll Wedding Tribute)
    • I'll Be - Tribute to Edwin McCain (Strung Out Volume 6)
    • It's Your Love - Tribute to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill  (Vitamin String Quartet Tribute To Valentines Day)
    • Everlong - Tribute to Foo Fighters
    • Hallelujah - Tribute to Jeff Buckley (or Leonard Cohen) (Strung Out Vol. 9)
    • Come Away With Me - Tribute to Norah Jones

The best thing is, you can go through and preview every single song and then the downloads are only $0.99.  My Fiance really loves the music (who knew?) and has even suggested using Vitamin String Tribute to Star Wars.  (Good luck with that.)  I also had a dinner party the other night and played a mix of this music (specifically Pearl Jam and Nirvana) and my friends husband asked me if I could make a copy of it for him as he loved it.  

I really hope that this helps some of you.  I know that I will be using my iPod through my wedding day and I feel like I have a better handle on my music now, and I feel like it will appeal to all of my guests.

Here is the link to the searched Amazon website:

http://www.amazon.co...e-bin:625150011

If anyone has some more suggestions - In terms of tribute music by vitamin records or another source - please feel free to add it here.  I would love any input on piano or acoustic guitar tributes as well!

Melissa

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for sharing! I will definately check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users