Photo

Del Sol no longer working at Excellence!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 loreli79

loreli79
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

It was just brought to my attention that Del Sol photography is no longer offering services at any of the Excellence Resorts in Mexico. I reached out to them regarding my upcoming wedding and was told they no longer accept bookings at these locations.

I am extremely disappointed & just about at the end of my rope with this. Can any professional wedding photographers out there who are able to work at Excellence Riviera Cancun please contact me? I refuse to use the services of the resort photographer who can't even show me a single picture of a wedding he's photographed. And I think it's rather asinine of the Excellence Resorts to not embrace working with Del Sol. To me, they appear to be among the best in Riviera Maya and it only makes their resort more appealing to brides. God knows their own website is lacking wedding photos. 

Telling a bride they can't have the photographer in whom they wish to pay photograph their wedding will be a deal breaker to many.  

If the resort is so determined to have their brides contract the resort photographer, they better do a better job of promoting them. What bride wants to contract a photographer whose work they can't see?

#2 PhotosInCancun

PhotosInCancun
    • Insiders
    • 40 posts
      • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

We love to work at the Excellence 

here is a very small ceremony we did not long ago,

http://www.photosinc...mujeres-photos/

We were there last week with a big group and had another fantastic time. It is one of our favorite hotels. 

#3 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

I feel your pain. I booked my May 2012 wedding back in February and have booked La Luna(sister company). I notified the WC at Excellence of this with the hours & their info in case they needed it. Excellence even responded with an OK, NO PROBLEM. Then I find out months later on here that they are no longer allowed. I had to contact Excellence myself & have them tell me just "sorry we changed our policy" & thats it!! Basically oh well. I am furious and the fact that they changed their policy randomly & only pertaining to Del Sol is ridiculous. If they want to change it fine(still bs) but the people who already booked & confirmed with the resort I think is very unfair and not right. Now it has me wondering what other "policies" they would change from now till May....

I suggest change resorts or pick a new photog :(

Good luck to you loreli79

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

Welcome to the forums! I shoot the Excellence all the time with no such problems. Its a great resort for a wedding with so many picturesque spots!

Here is a link to my last wedding I shot there: Excellence.jpg

Contact me directly if you have any other questions about the Excellence!

Lincoln

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

have you voted in this thread and let the resorts know how you feel about the issue?  it might help if they see all the information in one place: http://www.bestdesti...our-own-vendors

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
          • 299 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Did Excellence state the "reason" as to why the Del Sol is not allowed to work at their resorts?

#7 loreli79

loreli79
            • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

No. Excellence did not give me the information. Del Sol did by stating that they no longer take bookings for Excellence Resorts. I tend to think it has everything to do with money and the resort wanting an unrealistic cut of the photographer's profit. It infuriates me to no end. Especially when the resort gives me NO discounts based on the amount of guests I bring to their resort. 

#8 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
              • 299 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

You are probably right. Its about money. Its ALWAYS about money!! $$$ 

No. Excellence did not give me the information. Del Sol did by stating that they no longer take bookings for Excellence Resorts. I tend to think it has everything to do with money and the resort wanting an unrealistic cut of the photographer's profit. It infuriates me to no end. Especially when the resort gives me NO discounts based on the amount of guests I bring to their resort. 

#9 SweetFire

SweetFire
                • Vendor
                • 330 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!   Although we have not had problems with Excellence, it is not unheard of for this to sometimes happens.  It is unfortunate and  frustrating.   I think most brides feel as you do and you should have a choice.  I think sharing your concerns with the resort may help encourage them to change their policy.  

Warmest wishes,

Lori

#10 Lori M

Lori M
                  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

does anyone have any examples of the wedding photographer at excellence riviera cancun? i just booked my wedding there in may 2012 and really wanted to use del sol but like everyone else said before, they don't work with ERC anymore :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users