Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pbrozek

Seating chart or just place cards?

Recommended Posts

If you're having only 32 people attend your wedding, do you think I can skip the seating chart and just put out place cards?

 

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our dinner will be at one LOOOOOOOONG table so I am foregoing the seating chart and simply doing place cards, it is one less thing to transport and just as easy!

 

We will be putting our place cards right on the table so there are no awkward moments of couples being split up etc. but if you are doing round tables I would say simply put the table number on their place card and let them pick them up from a seating card table.  Even at home weddings are foregoing seating charts lately unless they want assigned seating at their rounds.

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be doing round tables and I have made escort cards that tell each guest which table to sit at.  At that point, the guests can pick which chairs to sit in on their own.

 

I think a seating arrangement that gets as detailed as which chair to sit in is only needed if you are forced to put individuals at the same table that don't get along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 100% agree with this!! and like Tori said one less thing to transport!!
 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

We will be doing round tables and I have made escort cards that tell each guest which table to sit at.  At that point, the guests can pick which chairs to sit in on their own.

 

I think a seating arrangement that gets as detailed as which chair to sit in is only needed if you are forced to put individuals at the same table that don't get along.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I completely forgot about this. I guess I have to find out if my resort does long tables or round but I am definitely not assigning the seats, just the tables.  If anyone has made any up already I would love to see for ideas.
 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

We will be doing round tables and I have made escort cards that tell each guest which table to sit at.  At that point, the guests can pick which chairs to sit in on their own.

 

I think a seating arrangement that gets as detailed as which chair to sit in is only needed if you are forced to put individuals at the same table that don't get along.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what my table number and escort cards look like.  My fiance is Chinese-American, so we are trying to incorporate his heritage into the wedding.  I had originally intended to tie my escort cards to starfish, but I decided that it wasn't worth the extra cost/headache of trying to get the starfish to Mexico without breaking.
 

Table Number & Escort Card Pic.JPG

 

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

Wow, I completely forgot about this. I guess I have to find out if my resort does long tables or round but I am definitely not assigning the seats, just the tables.  If anyone has made any up already I would love to see for ideas.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Courtney I absolutely love the chinese character tying everything together!!!!!! I wanted to do the starfish thing as well but agree the headache is not worth it for something that will just be left behind!  

 

 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

This is what my table number and escort cards look like.  My fiance is Chinese-American, so we are trying to incorporate his heritage into the wedding.  I had originally intended to tie my escort cards to starfish, but I decided that it wasn't worth the extra cost/headache of trying to get the starfish to Mexico without breaking.
 

Table Number & Escort Card Pic.JPG

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw these place cards made of metal from Etsy, and they're reasonably priced based on some other paper ones I've seen. I thought that they would be a cool way to tell people how to get to their seats, but I didn't want to overdo it with the placecards and the seating chart. H..

 

 

il_570xN_181396992.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is tough for brides to decide how much expense and effort things are really worth.  How much money is a single moment of "wow, that's cute" and one good picture from the photographer worth?

 

I have to admit I have not always made the right decision when faced with that question.  The tipping point for the escort cards was the extra concern of the starfish breaking - if it weren't for that I probably would have spent an extra $30-$50 for that one good picture....

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


Courtney I absolutely love the chinese character tying everything together!!!!!! I wanted to do the starfish thing as well but agree the headache is not worth it for something that will just be left behind!  

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have quite a few ppl that don't get along coming to the AHR. We will have between 175 and 225 ppl. Is there usually a way the room is supposed to be sat. His family on one side my fam on the other? I don't even know where to begin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • $400.00 OBO Beautiful dress. Never worn. Tags still attached. Only alteration was a bustle put on the back. Slip included.  Kept in bag. Smoke free home.    
    • I have beautiful never used Real Touch flowers for sale.  NEVER USED  $450 OBO for all! 1 Bride Bouquet 6 Bridesmaids Bouquets 3 Corsages 5 Boutonnieres   Please comment or email me at melissatatalovich@hotmail.com for more information    
    • Paradisus is actually notorious for doing this and we have to fight with them all the time to get the rates lowered. Are you using a TA to assist you?
    • Moon palace cancun offers Sikh priest. Janina Mendoza in weddings was very nice and able to help me.. suggest to contact her.
    • First of all congrats!!! Costa Rica is a magical place for a wedding  Are you working with a travel agency for your rooms? If not, I would highly encourage you to do so because an agent can often help you get in contact with the wedding department to get that conversation/communication going. I would suggest working with Wright Travel Agency, the official agency of this forum. These agents are specialist in destination weddings and have access to great promotions and group perks in addition to being able to secure the best rates for your group. Best of all the agency does not charge any fees to use their service, but it will take a load off your plate not having to worry about arrangements for travel for you and your guests. Shoot an email over to info@wrighttravelagency.com and one of the team members will get back to you and get the ball rolling for your group and the wedding department! Best wishes!!!
  • Topics

×