Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Soon2BNJersey

My Bridal Shower... Ladies check your gifts carefully. LOL!!

Recommended Posts

I am a kind of laid back bride.  I am not the type to flip out over uneven place cards or other things (that the guests don't notice anyway).  The thing that has gotten me thru this wedding process is learning to filter wisely thru the stress.  It will work out in the end, enjoy it before its over.  SOOO with that said:

 

Saturday was my bridal shower and a friend of mine gave me a HUGE bag complete with wedding photo books, frames, and a box.  I opened the box and saw a guest book which was beautiful book. So I'm thinking, The colors match, perfect!.. aww how thoughtful.  Until I opened the book. 

 

Inside the book had addresses and signatures from a previous wedding!!!  A REGIFT!!  What was crazy was it was actually their 7 year anniversary on the day of my shower!  This guest regift-ed their own guestbook.  SMH!!!!

 

So all this is going on in my head and I smiled and put the book back in the box.  Wellllll  I had a little idea of my own on how to deal with this guest.  

 

The next day I purchased an anniversary card and left a nice warm message.  Then I took that same guestbook, filled it out like I was a guest at her wedding and dated it as 2011.  I wrapped it in the best wrapping paper I could find and I had it delivered to her house!!!

 

She laughed  her head off and was extremely embarrassed and promised to get me something better for the wedding....touche'!  Regift attempt FOILED!!!!!

 

Sorry so long, It made me laugh!!

 

No worries ladies,

When it's all over your gonna sit back and laugh at half the stuff your stressing out about.

 

~Ericka

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's funny! Similar, well almost, thing happened to me.  i received a guest signing book. i wasn't really excited as we are not using a book.. but I openned it and it had THEIR initials on the front :) ... now this is PASt their wedding, so I could of easily read all the notes they had in there. I texted her (yes during the shower) and asked if that's some kind of tradition that I wasn't aware of.. she came running and made a joke in front of everyone that she really tried to regift lol.. she wrapped the wrong book !! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LOL  @ "was it some kind of tradition that you weren't aware of" you put her on blast in front of the whole party....love it!

Originally Posted by bmadzia1 View Post

That's funny! Similar, well almost, thing happened to me.  i received a guest signing book. i wasn't really excited as we are not using a book.. but I openned it and it had THEIR initials on the front :) ... now this is PASt their wedding, so I could of easily read all the notes they had in there. I texted her (yes during the shower) and asked if that's some kind of tradition that I wasn't aware of.. she came running and made a joke in front of everyone that she really tried to regift lol.. she wrapped the wrong book !! :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


She totally knew, and she had help!! I forgot to mention:

 

She came to the shower with a mutual friend, and upon delivery the mutual friend replied, " I thought I checked out all the pages before I wrapped it!" 

 

SAD RIGHT!!   the situation was funny, invitations are out but on the flipside... she will never get invited to anything else I throw again.  neither one of them, that's just sad!   I am worth more than a USED 7 YEAR OLD BAG OR REGIFTS!  However the way I handled it was perfect she will think twice for the next person.

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

Haha, that is hilarious!! I can't believe that she actually knew what she had done!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHA!!! Geeze, some people right!! I honestly don't know what I would do if that happened to me!! Bravo to you!!!
 

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post


She totally knew, and she had help!! I forgot to mention:

 

She came to the shower with a mutual friend, and upon delivery the mutual friend replied, " I thought I checked out all the pages before I wrapped it!" 

 

SAD RIGHT!!   the situation was funny, invitations are out but on the flipside... she will never get invited to anything else I throw again.  neither one of them, that's just sad!   I am worth more than a USED 7 YEAR OLD BAG OR REGIFTS!  However the way I handled it was perfect she will think twice for the next person.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks! I was kind of embarrassed for her that's why I didn't want to cause a scene openly.. Everyone has done a re-gift from time to time (although not proud of it). but never for something major like a wedding.  cmon'

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

HAHAHA!!! Geeze, some people right!! I honestly don't know what I would do if that happened to me!! Bravo to you!!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I can't believe she had an accomplice!!!!

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post


She totally knew, and she had help!! I forgot to mention:

 

She came to the shower with a mutual friend, and upon delivery the mutual friend replied, " I thought I checked out all the pages before I wrapped it!" 

 

SAD RIGHT!!   the situation was funny, invitations are out but on the flipside... she will never get invited to anything else I throw again.  neither one of them, that's just sad!   I am worth more than a USED 7 YEAR OLD BAG OR REGIFTS!  However the way I handled it was perfect she will think twice for the next person.



 



 

It isn't even the re-gift that is so bad it is the fact that it was USED!
 

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey View Post


Thanks! I was kind of embarrassed for her that's why I didn't want to cause a scene openly.. Everyone has done a re-gift from time to time (although not proud of it). but never for something major like a wedding.  cmon'



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...