• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

Hey all - As most of you know, we are still trying to decide between getting married in Cabo or Puerto Vallarta. I have compiled a list of vendors from Cabo based on all of your recomendations (thank you!), but since we're leaning towards Puerto Vallarta, I wanted to start that list too! One big thing for us is a photographer - the pictures are something very important to me! I LOVE Juan Carlos's work - but he's in Cabo. I thought of asking him if he knew anyone, but I also wanted to ask you ladies.

Does anyone know a GREAT photographer in the PV area? I love the "photojournalistic" style (lots of candids, black and whites and color, tells a story more than posed photos, etc.).

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:06 PM

Its so weird that you mention asking Juan about any good references in PV, becuse I was just thinking this morning after seeing him floating around here if he would hava any recomendations for RM photographers. The photographer/pictures are on the top of my list of most important too. It is one of the wedding details that I am willing to pay good money for. That would be great if he had any recomendations, he is so good at what he does, his pictures/slideshows are just amazing.
      I am going to be on the hunt for quality photographers, if I come across any in the PV area I will let you know. According to the girls around here, the good photographers book up really fast so the sooner you get a photog booked the better I think.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

IMO, ask Juan. He just might know of some. I agree, that paying for a good photographer is one of the most important things to book as it's the only real thing you get to take back with you and share with those who couldn't attend your wedding.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:40 PM

i agree with Tammy, it couldn't hurt to ask Juan and he is really helpful...photogs know each other and network so i wouldn't be surprised if he had a good person to refer you girls to...

next time you see him on, ask, or you can PM him.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

Good idea - I posted the question to Juan in another thread, but I will PM him as well in case he doesn't get to the other thread. He seems pretty busy! (My first PM - how exciting!)

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:57 PM

Hi Ann. Have you received a response from Juan Carlos yet? Let me know as soon as you've got news! Us PV gals need to share as much info as we can before we switch our DW to Cabos!

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:08 AM

if you don't hear back from him, let me know, he usually gts back to me pretty quickly

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

I posted on this thread, as well as sent him a PM, and I haven't heard back. I just assumed he was pretty busy!

I agree, Amy, it would be so much easier to switch to Cabo since there is so much info. here ... but someone needs to blaze a new trail! We'll have to be sure to share everything we come up with on here!

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              I posted on this thread, as well as sent him a PM, and I haven't heard back. I just assumed he was pretty busy!

I agree, Amy, it would be so much easier to switch to Cabo since there is so much info. here ... but someone needs to blaze a new trail! We'll have to be sure to share everything we come up with on here!
              he only pops on every week or so so give it a little time.

Awards and recognition: 

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

Will do - thanks, Tammy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users