• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:24 AM

I've sung the praises of MPIX before...I plan to order my reprints through them.

#12 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

Oh yeah, good point Robin... I choose "do not color correct" when I ordered my prints because Juan already worked his magic on the photos.

So for Robin and JT, what type of paper did you use, their are three types and B&W one, and two otheres (forget the exact name) but one is more expensive then the other. Which would you recommend (both being a matte finish) I choose the basic one and was happy with the quality but now I'm wondering if the step up whould have made them that much better.

#13 robindepaula

robindepaula
      • Banned
      • 514 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:29 AM

I mainly use the regular e-surface matte paper. The metallic paper is pretty cool though - I've used it on occassion for a few portraits that I wanted to be just a little different. I love the way the color pops on the metallic, but it's definetely not something you'd want all your photos on - your sig pic would actually look really good on the metallic

#14 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:35 AM

Thanks Robin.. So the metallic paper if for something you want to enhance the color on?

#15 robindepaula

robindepaula
          • Banned
          • 514 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:02 AM

Not really enhance the color - it's hard to describe. I'm about to have some bridal handouts printed up on metallic paper for a bridal show that I'm doing at the end of the month - pm me your address & I'll snail-mail you one to give you an idea. I mainly use it when I have vibrant colors I want to give some extra pizzazz to . . .

#16 NHPT

NHPT
            • 3,848 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

tammy- how can i order prints off mpix- i mean i dont have the CD yet so i dont have the files on my computer so do i have to wait since all the onces from pictage have juans watermark on there. i am a computer moron...........
              Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#17 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

he he I just posted a response to your other post.. :-)

Yes you have to have your DVD from Juan to order from Mpix. All you do is upload the phots you want to Mpix and then order away. Did you notice how much Pictage price for a 4x6 is? $10.00 is freakin crazy, I'm sorry. For the same size mine were $7.00. I was so tempted to order a few just so that I could have them but I ended up waiting and saved a lot of money. ahmm $10.00 versus .29 cents for the same picture size... That adds up quick.. Shoot you can order a 8x10 from Mpix for $1.99... Trust me you'll love their quality.

#18 NHPT

NHPT
                • 3,848 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

ok so i will just wait..........thanks for the reply- yeah its VERY overpriced on pictage. so for your family- did you just have them wait until you got your prints and order from them oof mpix too?
                  Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#19 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:50 AM

Yeap.. you can "share" your pictures to your friends and family on Mpix, they can either order from them (the ones you loaded in the file) or you can order for them. The quality between Pictage and Mpix really shows in the B&W pictures..

#20 lambert13

lambert13
                    • 901 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Excellent review Tammy! Mpix rocks. I have used them many times with consistently great results.

One way to get an idea of what the different finishes and paper types are all about is to order their free sample pack. You can see the same photo in the different paper and finish types to give you a better idea what they do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users