I thought to write up a quick review of these two photo printing companies.

Pictage; B

Juan uses for his printing of proofs, when I got them in the color was very good and over all I would say I'm pleased with the result of the pictures, however my only complient is that on the black and white ones where Juan took pictures where my face was 1/2 shadowed (black) the black part of the pictures were spotty. I wasn't sure if it was the way the picture turned out of the printing.. On the color prints the colors tend to be ture colors but a darker hues of colors. (if that makes since)

MPix; A+

LOVE LOVE LOVE, the way they turned out.. Very true color, crisp looking not one problem with any of the pictures.. I will be definitly using this company for all my enlargements and printing in the future. Best part a 4x6 is only 29cents versus pictages charges $7.00 for the same 4x6.

So to sum it up girls, save your cash and use Mpix, much cheaper you won't be disappointed.. I promise you

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I wanted to add a couple more comments..

So I ordered a few prints that were the same pictures as Juan sent me, I did this for two reasons ok three..

1. To test how the black and whites printed since I wasn't totally happy with the Pictage ones in B&W

2. To compare the color on the color ones

3. Because I just accidently ordered the same ones.. lol

So after comparing picture to picture, I would say hands down the black and white ones are by are better with MPix.

Now the color ones are about 50/50. I think it would just depend of how you want to see the picture. Ok that doesn't really make since.. Hmmm, Ok the color of Pictage is richer, where on Mpix it's crisper... I hope that better expains it. On some pictures I could see how "richser or crisper would look better" So over all if your ordering color prints I really don't think you would tell much of a difference unless you are looking at them side by side. Mpix tends to blend more "white" in their pictures to give that crisp look were as Pictage blends more darker hues for a darker tone. (OK I think I'm just repeating myself now.. lol)

SO my finial thoughts... For Black and white, definitly Mpix. For color, if you want a real "Rich" looking picture then spend the extra money on Pictage. I Do feel that Mpix are more true to color then Pictage, but sometimes a richer looking picture would show better in a garden view picture.

This is why I don't use Pictage to fulfill my print orders for clients now.

Just to clarify Tammy, it's not Pictage that is charging you $7 for a 4x6. It's the photographer. Pictage is a company photographers use to sell their photos online. So they are able to set their own prices. Juan may sell his 4x6's for $7 others may charge less, and others more. The reason it's so high is because it's another way we photographers make money selling our art. You aren't paying for the photo paper, but what's on the paper. That's the value of the photo.

Anyway, I agree, Pictage sucks. Their user interface is terrible too.

I recommend MPIX to my clients all the time that purchase their cd of images (as long as you don't allow them to color correct - I do all my own color corrections).

Pictage is an online proofing / ordering system that pro-photogs can use to sell their art - I looked into using them, but was definetely not happy with the reviews that I had read, so I decided against using them for my clients.