Photo

What kind of veil should I wear with this dress?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Mari98

Mari98
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

Hi Ladies,

I don't know what type of veil I should wear with my dress??  Any ideas?  Ohh FYI, I would love to wear a chapel or cathedral veil but I'm only 5'1.  Do you guys think a long veil would look fine with this dress?  I would also like the veil to have lace or a print or something.  Very anxious to hear your comments!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

http://www.allurebri...tyles/8722F.jpg

p.s. I don't know how to download the pic...but the link is above for my dress!!

#2 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
    • 215 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Beautiful dress!! Not to sure if you bought it from a store but if you did try on all the different styles of veils with dress and it should be easy to figure out.  I know with my dress I thought I would want a shorter one but ended up with a cathedral length veil.  Oh and since I'm cheap the store was trying to sell me a $300 one that had crystals sewed on and I ended up finding one online that had glued on crystals and it was only $30 with shipping and I love it. 

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Stunning dress!!  I agree that you should try on the veils at the store you purchased your dress.  That way you will be able to see what will look good with your dress and what you prefer!  I honestly think you could do any veil with that and it would look good though!

#4 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
      • 170 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

I agree! You should try it out but the dress is beautiful and I think any veil would work!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Stunning dress!!  I agree that you should try on the veils at the store you purchased your dress.  That way you will be able to see what will look good with your dress and what you prefer!  I honestly think you could do any veil with that and it would look good though!

#5 Mari98

Mari98
        • 29 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

Thank you ladies for your advice!!!

I went to the store where I bought my dress but their selection was not the greastest and their veils are super expensive.  For a two-tier veil the asking price $195.... Can you guys believe that?? 

#6 Mari98

Mari98
          • 29 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

$30 dollars for a veil..........awesome price!!!

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased your veil?  I am looking for a cathedral veil myself.... :))

#7 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
            • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mari98 

$30 dollars for a veil..........awesome price!!!

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased your veil?  I am looking for a cathedral veil myself.... :))

I got it from Etsy the seller is dsbridal.  As cheap as it was I love itil_fullxfull.257402357.jpg

#8 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
              • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

I tried to post a picture with the last one so lets try that again and just in case that doesn't work here is the link http://www.etsy.com/...dral-rhinestone  Oh and they have tons of different veils!

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

I got it from Etsy the seller is dsbridal.  As cheap as it was I love itil_fullxfull.257402357.jpg

#9 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
                • 215 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

Oh and one last comment I can totally believe that as they wanted $330 for a single layered cathedral length at the bridal shop that I bought my dress at....almost gave me heart attack at that price lol

Originally Posted by Mari98 

Thank you ladies for your advice!!!

I went to the store where I bought my dress but their selection was not the greastest and their veils are super expensive.  For a two-tier veil the asking price $195.... Can you guys believe that?? 

#10 Mari98

Mari98
                  • 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Laurenlyn,

The veil is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it but guess what?  I went on ebay and saw a mantilla cathedral veil for $10 dollars so I bought it.  It was my first bid on ebay so I am starting to be a fan of ebay.  I should be getting the veil in two weeks or so.  I'll let you know how it looks and if for some reason the quality is crappy then I will be getting my veil from the same etsy place that you gave me.  Thanks for the info! 

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

I tried to post a picture with the last one so lets try that again and just in case that doesn't work here is the link http://www.etsy.com/...dral-rhinestone  Oh and they have tons of different veils!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users