Photo

Canadians: Where to find linen suits for your groom?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

I wouldn't know where to start looking or advising him where to look.  Groomsmen will be wearing white button downs and khaki pants (shouldn't be hard for them to find on their own?) but what about the groom himself?   I want to go for this look without the tie:

And any recommendations for footwear?

Mens+linen+wedding+suits+1-justlin-1.jpg haspel-linen-suit.jpg

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#2 janette34

janette34
    • 417 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Le Chateau!!  I got my FI suit there and absolutely love it.  Its very similar to what you have posted.  Here's the link http://www.lechateau...edColor=Natural 

Its looks white in the picture but its actually more like the suit above.

#3 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
      • 385 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the tip!! Do they alter or would we have to take it to get altered?  Do they have it directly in store or did you order online? What is your FI's footwear going to be?  Sandals or dress shoes?

Originally Posted by janette34 

Le Chateau!!  I got my FI suit there and absolutely love it.  Its very similar to what you have posted.  Here's the link http://www.lechateau...edColor=Natural 

Its looks white in the picture but its actually more like the suit above.

#4 Avens

Avens
        • 576 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

My FI got the pants from Le Chateau. He's wearing brown leather flip flop sandals.  He opted to not have a jacket, and I'm good with that, I think he looks good :)  Their linen stuff is on clearance right now, so its pretty inexpensive.

I've also heard some girls got stuff at Old Navy  and Banana Republic.

Ryan Outfit.JPG

#5 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

My FI got his at Le Chateau.  It was on clearance so we got it for a great deal!!  They are really good quality also.

#6 kat2012

kat2012
          • 602 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

http://www.studiosuits.com Check them out. Many girls on here ordered them and were happy with fit/quality. Just make sure you size him properly or get seamstress to size him.

#7 Jessamaka

Jessamaka
            • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

I looked at the linen suits at le Chateau and I like the cut and colour, it's just the texture seemed a bit scratchy, was this your experience for those who bought suits there?

#8 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

The Le Chateau suit didn't fit FI, he is a hockey player and le chateau has a slimmer cut so his legs wouldn't fit in the pants... also they didn't make jackets bigger than a 40 and their 40 is more like a 36/38.... we ended up finding his at international clothiers.  Another bride got her FIs there so we went to check it out.  The whole suit was $99, we will need to get it hemmed but other than that it is perfect!!!!!

Square One in Mississauga has about 4 stores that are under the International Clothiers umbrella, they all sell the suit for $99.... all the linen pants were on sale too if you wanted separates for your guys that matched the groom I think they were $12....

We got our linen pants for the GM at Old Navy, ordered online to get their waist and inseam sizes and couldnt be happier... AMAZING quality!

#9 Avens

Avens
                • 576 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

We had the opposite problem, my FI has a slimmer build (even for a hockey player :D) and a lot of the suits looked really big on him, Le Chateau was perfect.  So it really depends the build of your man friend :D

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

The Le Chateau suit didn't fit FI, he is a hockey player and le chateau has a slimmer cut so his legs wouldn't fit in the pants... also they didn't make jackets bigger than a 40 and their 40 is more like a 36/38.... we ended up finding his at international clothiers.  Another bride got her FIs there so we went to check it out.  The whole suit was $99, we will need to get it hemmed but other than that it is perfect!!!!!

Square One in Mississauga has about 4 stores that are under the International Clothiers umbrella, they all sell the suit for $99.... all the linen pants were on sale too if you wanted separates for your guys that matched the groom I think they were $12....

We got our linen pants for the GM at Old Navy, ordered online to get their waist and inseam sizes and couldnt be happier... AMAZING quality!

#10 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                  • 385 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

We were thinking Le Chateau but when I brought my FI in, they had recalled the linen suits that were on sale?!  Weird.

I think we'll stick to studiosuits.com.  They've got several good reviews from here, seem more affordable and more customizable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users