Miss Nisha

How do I word my destination wedding "save the dates?" ***HELP***

I will be sending out save the dates the end of this month for our destination wedding, I would really like for guest to RSVP via our website by a specific date before we have the formal invitations printed, I really don't want to waste money on inviations I may not need.

what would be the best way to word this on the "Save the dates?"

Oh excellent question!!! I was wondering this too; I am worried because I was going to say "invitation to follow", but I only want to send invitations to people who sound like they will at least MAYBE be coming...

We just got the save the date postcards we designed back from the printer today!  Yay!!! I struggled with the wording as well, but including the following underneath the announcement and other info.  I hope it helps :)

"To RSVP and for more information, please visit:  www.enter_your_wedding_website_here.com

Formal invitations to follow

Please RSVP online to receive yours!"

• Like 1

I never thought about just send the actual invitation to people who are going to or maybe coming.. Has anyone else done this? I just figured I had to send them to everybody... Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Wendy & Skygirl,

Those are some good ideas, I may do that, I just thought it would be a waste to send out 50 extra invitations to those who will most likely not be able to make it, especially when inviations could cost $3.00-7.00 a piece.

It would be very helpful for them to at least reply through our website.

Miss Nisha, i would deff. do something like this, If you know that a lot of ppl will not be attentding, so save a tree. Thats how i look at it. And this days everyone is very computer sawy. And by you saying rsvp online to get yours doesnt make it look cheesy. Espesially if you DIY invites 20+extra invites for ppl that are not coming is a waste, plus the stamp, both ways...good luck

Hey this is a great idea! A lot of my family is not computer-savvy ("What on earth is a wedding website?" I was asked), but I will be able to tell whether those specific people are coming or not anyway. Maybe say something like 

Invitation to follow, please RSVP by ___________ at (our wedding website) or call _______________ to receive yours. 

Or maybe just leave it at wedding website and instruct my parents to speak to those specific people? What do you think?

IDK, I keep going back on this idea. What keeps coming to me is I don't want to come off rude by not sending an invite so cetain people. It was my choice to have a destination wedding... If I was having a wedding at home I would send invites to everybody so why am I not going to now??

I just don't want people to think it is rude of me...

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

Hey this is a great idea! A lot of my family is not computer-savvy ("What on earth is a wedding website?" I was asked), but I will be able to tell whether those specific people are coming or not anyway. Maybe say something like 

Invitation to follow, please RSVP by ___________ at (our wedding website) or call _______________ to receive yours. 

Or maybe just leave it at wedding website and instruct my parents to speak to those specific people? What do you think?

I totally see what you mean by saying you dont want to be rude, but again to me it is a waste to sent invites for ppl that rsvp on the website and that are not coming. This invites will end up in the trash. But again it is just me...