HELP!!! Need advice/info about wedding dress material.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChristiandRyan

• 156 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Hi all, This is my very first post!! My fianc© and I are getting married in Barbados in the spring, (date is in the works, but not official yet) at The Crane Resort. I think I found the dress I want! Which is really exciting!!! So my question is, The dress description says silky taffeta material. Is this a good material for the potential heat? Or do you think this material will be too heavy?? Thanks for all advice!!! :D Christi

#2 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

Are you able to try to dress on? Or are you ordering it online? Because if possible I would try on dresses with the same fabric to see how it feels.  My dress i made of taffeta and its not to hot at all, its really light actually.  I was really picky when choosing my dress material as I didn't want anything to hot.  There were a few taffeta dresses I tried on though that were pretty heavy and hot. 

#3 ChristiandRyan

• 156 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the advice! I will be trying on the dress this week, hopefully!!! I hope I love it as much as the photos online! And that it's not too hot and heavy!!

#4 irene8

• Banned
      • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

Just try it on.

Many dresses are made of taffeta and it is reputable with high quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users